Kings News: [Hammond] LA Kings Have Hired Darryl Sutter As New Head Coach

null33

Aug 15, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If any of you guys thought Dean Lombardi was going to hang his Job on some AHL/CHL coach.

Well I got a bridge to sell you. I Hope I am wrong, but so far nope. I would expect a Randy Carlye hiring before any Minor league or bench coach Hiring.

If any of you guys thought Dean Lombardi was going to hang his Job on some AHL/CHL coach.

Well I got a bridge to sell you. I Hope I am wrong, but so far nope. I would expect a Randy Carlye hiring before any Minor league or bench coach Hiring.

I'd just think that if you have one last shot, why try the same thing that hasn't worked twice already? Maybe Sutter will bring some accountability and get something out of these guys in the short term, but I'd have to think it is all but a given that this is going to be the nail in DL's coffin should he make this move. The team's biggest need is offense and I don't see how Darryl Sutter solves that. I guess DL is delusional as TM was.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
Just when I thought I could be happy about TM getting fired. This...

He is TM2.0

I really don't expect much to change.

I have always been in support of Dean until now.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I'd just think that if you have one last shot, why try the same thing that hasn't worked twice already? Maybe Sutter will bring some accountability and get something out of these guys in the short term, but I'd have to think it is all but a given that this is going to be the nail in DL's coffin should he make this move. The team's biggest need is offense and I don't see how Darryl Sutter solves that. I guess DL is delusional as TM was.

It's been 5 years since he last coached.

Let's try and keep an open mind.

While I am going to keep an open mind, I'm entering this situation (if Sutter is actually our coach) with the expectation this really is the nail is DL's coffin. And if it is, he was wrong and just proven to be completely stubborn. DL better know something we don't about Sutter or about the situation.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
I'm going to give him a chance instead of throwing him under the bus like most of you already.

Agreed. My biggest issue with Terry was the lack of fire and emotion. Hopefully that won't be a problem with Sutter. Not my preferred hire, but very willing to give it a chance.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Welp, we now enter the Sutter era. Hopefully he can take us to the promised land otherwise all of management is going out the door... I have a feeling we will have renewed interest in Iginla when the trade deadline comes around as well :facepalm: Oh well, this is what we got, and even though Sutter is a 2-1 win coach, he still has emotion and will give the kids a kick in the pants. Let's see what he can do... GO KINGS!

Kingurentai

Jul 19, 2010
I'm going to give him a chance instead of throwing him under the bus like most of you already.

I've said that a lot of TM's issue wasn't just the system, but emotion played a big factor. It was evident that TM lost the team and couldn't get the team to follow him into battle. At the very least, I figure Sutter can do that. So hypothetically even if the system doesn't change at all, it'd still be better.

This is what I'm hoping for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->