Kings News: [Hammond] LA Kings Have Hired Darryl Sutter As New Head Coach

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I was laughing at so many of the comments and also looking at all the names with asterisks after them!

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
I was laughing at so many of the comments and also looking at all the names with asterisks after them!

I counted 10, one or two was surprising, others weren't :)

and it s a shame some of the posters in this thread don't post anymore, I guess winning was too much for them and they decided to bail out and find another crappy team to root for. :sarcasm:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Great.. another coach who doesn't have much success in the history of scoring goals. I agree that the team needs a fire lit under its butt in the short term but it needs somebody creative to think outside the box and the get most out of the players the team has and I doubt Darryl Sutter is him. Looks like DL is as stubborn as Terry Murray.

Let's give Jeremy Roenick a chance.

F this. Someone start a speculation thread for our next GM.

Just when I thought I could be happy about TM getting fired. This...

He is TM2.0

I really don't expect much to change.

I have always been in support of Dean until now.

should i start the fire/rant DL thread now or......

I'm NOT on board with this move at all. I just see this as a lateral move. I guess I should have known better then to expect Dean to go after anything other than a defensive minded, grind it out, win or lose 2-1 coach. Dean needs to take a long hard look at the roster that HE put together and realize that this team is not currently built to have success with that style. If the hire officially happens I'll do my best to approach things with an open mind, but if this looks like the same team after another 20-25 games, Lombardi better start packing his bags.

2nd helping of humble pie boys? :D

2nd helping of humble pie boys? :D

Oh gladly... You might want to read some of my other posts in this thread. My concerns were with goal scoring and sutter (and DL)addressed that in a big way. I was not a fan of his hiring but I absolutely love and respect what he has done here. Happy to admit I was wrong. If you want to pluck some other gems of mine, I thought the teams d was weak this year.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I love what he told the CBC guy in one of the videos, when asked if he was going to hang them up...

He said he is already preparing for training camp! :laugh:

Love this guy. That should put the whole "Daryl Sutter rather shovel **** than coach the Kings* next season" rumors to bed.

*A team he has coached to two Stanley Cups in three seasons. Who in their right mind would actually leave a position like that? Unsubstantiated rumors are to be ignored.

I dunno, that seemed like an evasive answer to me. He didn't say he was coming back next year, just that he was getting ready for training camp. He could be just doing the work until someone new is found/promoted. If DS is anything, its tight to the vest with info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad