Hamilton Bulldogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Now that was an entertaining game to watch. 3 straight wins for the Bulldogs.

Kaliyev with another 2 goals. 1 of them will most likely be goal of the year with a lightning quick lacrosse goal.

Loved the jerseys too...

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Yeah, that was a great game. It's good to see our offence lighting things up, but it seems very clear that the defence is still a work in progress, which I think we all expected going into this season.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
The defence definitely seems like a work in progress. I also think there’s a very good chance Landry gets traded eventually since he’s an OA and would be in demand for teams making a run. To add, I think being more disciplined / taking less penalties is another aspect they need to work on. We can’t be giving PP opportunities to the opposition as often.

Overall a good game, and what a goal by Kaliyev! Peterborough will be an interesting game. Hamilton enters on a 3 game winning streak. The Petes are playing very well (6-3-0-0) win/loss record) and have been on the road for every game this season. The Bulldogs are their opponent for their home opener on Thursday (arena renos competed). Expect the Petes to have a lot of energy since they finally get to play at home and the fans.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Have to think Daniel Walker has a suspension coming. Pure goon. 20 year old 6’5”, 212lbs came in like a Mack truck deliberately targeting Ryan Humphrey (16y/o, 5’11”, 165lbs).
And on Mondays game Ryan Humphrey Slew foot a player should be suspended as it is a suspendable penalty (a goon in the making :laugh: )

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
And on Mondays game Ryan Humphrey Slew foot a player should be suspended as it is a suspendable penalty (a goon in the making :laugh: )
Slow day in trollville?

Slewfooting is dangerous and I'm not going to pretend that it was okay or gloat. However, I am curious... did you see the video, or did you just see the box score now and decide to lurk over 2 days later? If he gets suspended (which I think it automatic with a match penalty), it's deserved and I won't defend his action.

However, this doesn't diminish Walker's actions, which, 11 days later he is still suspended indefinitely. What Humphrey did was dumb, but unlike Walker, Humphrey didn't target and steamroll someone much smaller than him, and nor did he approach a player who was already down (Bertuzzi earlier in the game) and start landing cheap-shots. Walker is a goon, and from speaking with some Gens friends, they hope that the game vs Hamilton was the last time they see Walker in a Gens jersey. Says a lot about a player when the home fans hope the doesn't return. Your comparison of the two is like comparing apples to oranges.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Slow day in trollville?

Slewfooting is dangerous and I'm not going to pretend that it was okay or gloat. However, I am curious... did you see the video, or did you just see the box score now and decide to lurk over 2 days later? If he gets suspended (which I think it automatic with a match penalty), it's deserved and I won't defend his action.

However, this doesn't diminish Walker's actions, which, 11 days later he is still suspended indefinitely. What Humphrey did was dumb, but unlike Walker, Humphrey didn't target and steamroll someone much smaller than him, and nor did he approach a player who was already down (Bertuzzi earlier in the game) and start landing cheap-shots. Walker is a goon, and from speaking with some Gens friends, they hope that the game vs Hamilton was the last time they see Walker in a Gens jersey. Says a lot about a player when the home fans hope the doesn't return. Your comparison of the two is like comparing apples to oranges.
Take a chill pill look at :laugh: that I finished my post with.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I didn't even think it was a slewfoot, but admittedly my angle wasn't great.

Either way I would think that he will get suspended.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Do we know the conditions on the 2020 15th rounder returned for P. Vescio?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
I didn't even think it was a slewfoot, but admittedly my angle wasn't great.

Either way I would think that he will get suspended.

From my view, it looked like the two were skating in parallel, got tangled up and went down, as they both appeared to go down. It didn't seem to have been a unexpected attack as is usually the case with a slew foot, which is why I was a bit surprised at the call.

That said, the Barrie players seemed to raise quite a stink about it after the fact, so I'm inclined to believe there was something to that call.

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Damn, looks like Nurse hurt himself again. Started the game tonight, but didn't finish it.

The same could almost be said for the Bulldogs. After a huge 3-0 first period they hang on for a 4-2 win. Still a big 2 road points.

2 more goals for Kaliyev. Jenik and Kaliyev dominated Kingston in their own end.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
After tonight's game Kaliyev has 13 goals and 11 assists in 11 games. Some NHL teams might be talking to their scouts.

Reactions: OSA

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
After tonight's game Kaliyev has 13 goals and 11 assists in 11 games. Some NHL teams might be talking to their scouts.

It’s the new woke approach to scouting...size, shot, production all don’t matter as much as “your internal motivation” ‘n stuff.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018

Maybe, but maybe not. There is zero doubt about Kaliyevs scoring ability and he is a man playing with boys at this level.

As I see it, the reason that he dropped in the draft is his 2 way game and lack of physicality. Also, while he is an elite offensive player I wouldn't say that he is an elite skater.

I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't see him having a big NHL career. His 2 way game has gotten a bit better this year though, so maybe there is hope for him at the next level.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Anyone else watching the game against Ottawa? The person controlling the camera doesn’t make the game easy to follow.

Looking back at the first period, Ottawa seems to play a high pressure game, trying to force turnovers.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
lol, I was just thinking the same thing. The commentators are at least pretty good.

Another goal for Kaliyev and Mutter finally gets on the board. Jenik is flying a bit below the radar, but he is lighting up the scoresheet as well. If he didn't miss the first few games he would be right at the top of league scoring as well.

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
Your coach cost you the game today with his stupid penalty while up 3-1
go back to your 67's thread we don't want that crap here

Hamilton did get a point though which is fine. yeah I would have preferred that they hung on but it's the 67's and they're really good

anyone making the trip down to St. Catharines on Friday?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Maybe, but maybe not. There is zero doubt about Kaliyevs scoring ability and he is a man playing with boys at this level.

As I see it, the reason that he dropped in the draft is his 2 way game and lack of physicality. Also, while he is an elite offensive player I wouldn't say that he is an elite skater.

I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't see him having a big NHL career. His 2 way game has gotten a bit better this year though, so maybe there is hope for him at the next level.
Seems like Victor Olofsson in Buffalo might be a decent comp/floor for him, depending how the rest of his game rounds out.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
There's very little physically in the NHL these days. Hardly a reason to pass on one of the best scorers in the draft class. Kaliyev is playing the PK a bit this year and seems to be doing a pretty good job. I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't have a better nhl career than the majority of the players selected ahead of him. Alex DeBrincat fell pretty deep as well and has already surpassed the majority of his draft class, I see the same thing with Kaliyev.

Absolutely gutted that the Ducks didn't take a talent like Arthur.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Should be a good one tonight welcome to Niagara to the Bullogs fans coming tonight I see 5 to 4 Icedogs or so I hope .

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Another very strong game for Marco in net. I've been really impressed with how he has played as a rookie in the OHL. Big shootout win helps soften the tough loss in Niagara.

They needed it because it will be tough to repeat it today. They have played Oshawa tough in both games this year though.

Reactions: Canadian Game
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad