Hamilton Bulldogs 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I am saddened to report the passing of former Belleville Bull goaltender John Chartrand as a result of a car accident. He was just 24 years old.

bulldogsbaby

Jul 2, 2017
Hamilton, ON
I know last year and year before they had a season ticket holder pick up party where u would go pick up ur tickets hang other fans and talk with players and meet them and get autographs as well.. well the players that arent at NHL camps anyways

I purchased the tickets online and not through the box office. Would I have to pay extra to receive the physical copies at the pickup party or is it all covered in the initial $612.00? Thanks for the help

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I purchased the tickets online and not through the box office. Would I have to pay extra to receive the physical copies at the pickup party or is it all covered in the initial $612.00? Thanks for the help

I have always rather have the physical copies then printed out.. I find that if you buy tickets in person you dont pay the extra fees that you do through ticket master. If thats what ur asking. What happens at the pick up party is that you get ur actual tickets plus gift from the team and then u can sit and chat with the players and what not. I always get to chat with the imports as its always good to know more about their back ground and what not

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
http://windsorspitfires.com/article/kutkevicius-acquired-from-bulldogs

(Windsor, ON) – General Manager Warren Rychel has completed a trade with the Hamilton Bulldogs, acquiring 1998-born centre Luke Kutkevicius.

The Bulldogs get Sudbury’s 6th round pick in 2018 and Windsor’s 5th in 2021 – the latter being a performance-based conditional pick that could become a 4th in 2021.

The 6’1, 162-pound Toronto native was originally Mississauga’s 2nd round pick (#25) in the 2014 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection. After a season with the Steelheads, Kutkevicius landed in Hamilton, playing in 95 games over parts of two seasons, setting career highs in goals (6) and assists (16) in 2016-17.

“Luke brings experience and speed down the middle,” Rychel said. “He’ll get the chance to play a big role and will be a nice addition to our leadership group.”

Kutkevicius will be on the ice when 2017 Training Camp opens on August 28th.

bulldogsbaby

Jul 2, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Training Camp

Anyone plan on going to this upcoming weeks training camp? I'm going to the Pre-Season game on Friday and I can't decide if I should also stop by the Camp. Anyone go to the camp last year? What's the annual Black and Gold game, is it any different from the scrimmages prior to?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Has anyone attended the scrimmages? Any thoughts of what you've seen so far? Social media has been quiet with the Bulldogs camp.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
And another question--what's the goaltending situation going to be like? Fulcher can't be gifted a starting job after being absolute garbage for the Bulldogs last year forcing them to trade for Carty.. and Ceci is Jr. B material at best. And no idea on Donofrio..

In addition, they have Kyle Renaud(Jr. B and likely ticketed for Ancaster or Westport), Zachary Roy(no chance of making the team due to underage) and Tanner Sheppard(Dundas Blues Jr. C and also no chance of making the Bulldogs and more likely also Ancaster bound at best)..

Unless someone steps up, the Bulldogs will be scouring the trade route for a veteran goaltender--being a season they will likely peak as a team with such major departures coming after 2017-18, they need to upgrade the goaltending--this team has Memorial Cup aspirations, and so far it looks underwhelming.

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Fulcher did finish strong last year winning 3 of his last 4 starts so I think he deserves a chance. No matter who is in net they will have one of the strongest 1 to 6 D group in front of them that I have seen in many years from a Hamilton/Bellville team.

I think I'll wait until they actually play a game or two before I throw anybody under the bus.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Fulcher did finish strong last year winning 3 of his last 4 starts so I think he deserves a chance. No matter who is in net they will have one of the strongest 1 to 6 D group in front of them that I have seen in many years from a Hamilton/Bellville team.

I think I'll wait until they actually play a game or two before I throw anybody under the bus.

We'll see how they do vs. Guelph on Friday.. at the moment, Fulcher is pretty guaranteed to be the starter by default on Opening night unless the Bulldogs bring somebody in, because most of their other options in the system are lower level at best, or in Donofrio's case, questionable at the OHL level having been with the Philly Revolution in the EHL in the US... and as I mentioned, one is underage and won't be on the Bulldogs this year.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
you got that from a handful of starts? (one of which was a last second call-up due to the Hicks trade)

When John Gruden wouldn't even trust Ceci and basically ran Fulcher out there frequently until Carty came in via trade--that doesn't exactly reflect well on Ceci's chances of lasting in the OHL.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Has anyone seen the list of cuts from the camp so far? Bulldogs haven't posted any.

http://e2e.thespec.com/2017/08/bulldogs-trim-two-dozen.html

The Bulldogs trimmed 24 players from their pre-season roster Thursday, including 10 forwards, 11 defencemen and three goalies.

They are:

Forwards Adam Kozlowski, Jared Froese, Luke Croucher, Christopher Ishmael, Derek Seguin, Jordan Stock, Ben Woodhouse, Aliesha Song, Brett Fisher and Zack Osborne,
Defencemen Max Blanchard, Spencer Lapointe, Trevor LeDonne, Ford Ondrovic, Calen McPhee, Jordan Simpson, Evan McIntyre, Paul O’Doherty, Orie Mainolfi, Xavier Henry and Jayden Jensen, and
Goalies Tanner Sheppard, Zach Roy and Kyle Renaud.
They also signed right winger Dylan D’Agostino — a 10th round pick of the Bulldogs in 2016 — and free agent left winger Owen Burnell.

Excluding potential overage forward Matt Luff, 28 players remain on the roster following Thursday’s cuts.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Anyone whos up for a ride down to Toronto on bus to train... Montreal Canadiens are taking part in the 3 team rookie tournament on September 8th to 10th at Rioch.. Habs roster will feature former Dog Niki Petti and current Dog Will Bitten

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I was at the black and gold game. I thought the goaltending was quite good. Entwistle was a standout but could not finish. None of the forwards stood out although several had their moments. Henry played a lot it seemed--at least his number-with Jensen. Jensen has good size and was aggressive with a quick stick. He did get out of position and was a bit stiff legged but I was surprised they cut him so fast. Bitten kept trying to do too much himself and not succeeding. I thought Webb and Lemcke played well. Any body else there to see the game?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I am not counting Luff but I can only come up with 27 players in camp,not 28 as mentioned earlier. Is there still an unsigned payer in camp?

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Solid game by the Dogs tonight.

Candella looked really good, played with a lot of confidence and poise in his own end.

Strome looks like his skating has improved a bit.

McMichael looks like he will fit in well as a regular for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad