Hamilton Bulldogs 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
And look at Peterborough. They have their best season in over 10 years and they ranked 19th out of 20 teams in attendance. How do you explain that?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
And look at Peterborough. They have their best season in over 10 years and they ranked 19th out of 20 teams in attendance. How do you explain that?

In their defense, I believe the Petes are community owned, meaning it's up the the local government fundamentally if they want to tank the losses or not.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Congrats to will bitten for making world juniors summer camp, Connor Roberts making u18 summer camp and making the u17 summer camp are bulldogs prospects narvin mutter, Connor mcMichael and Xavier Henry

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
I think what he will do is....renegotiate a new lease with Global Spectrum (or the people who bought them out), likely get a better deal because he can't host a memorial which will be ok for the arena management because, frankly he brings a lot of dates to the arena, and things will move on.

Given the Bulldogs attendance improved by close to 300 last year without any adjustments to ticket prices, the fact that Andlauer has been a completely loyal owner to the Bulldogs (who we already dicussed cost less to run in their OHL form then their AHL form) and are currently 7th in the league in attendance after their 2nd year as an OHL team bodes well and certainly shows it is a long term investment that team knew it would be.

I'd be more worried about Missisauga moving, as they have an even larger market then Hamilton and have been consistently tanking in attendance for years. They just had a season where they made the finals and still their attendance declined over last year. Even as the Majors, they have yet to average over 3500 a season.

That's what's likely to happen I agree.. but it's up to David Branch to decide. I wouldn't also be shocked if he demands the city of Hamilton builds a new arena or else.. and who knows what Global Spectrum will demand in a lease extension?

The other issue is whether attendance will continue to rise, especially with the team set to head off a cliff after 2017-18 due to graduations and NHL teams signing their picks to entry-level deals.. will fans support the team if they're in a rebuild?

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Coyotes take Entwhistle
Flyers take Strome
Devils take Studenic

Nicely done to the three Bulldogs. Still time for Kaden fulcher

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Hamilton Bulldogs select Joni Ikonen from Finland who was drafted by Habs 2nd round last weekend.. 6`0 178 from Espoo Fin

Don't hold your breath to wait Ikonen reporting.
Frolunda is best European team and they have best European player development program ( European version of London Knights).
Ikonen played 10 games in Frolunda's SHL team this past season so he could stay there.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I am just wondering if Hamilton spoke to Ikonen before the draft.
It's an extremely risky move if they chose to throw a Hail Mary in drafting him without knowing if he'd come over.

It's like the Bulls last season...they drafted David Pastrnak and he played that season in the NHL (and had a good rookie year too).

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Saigeon is attending Edmonton's development camp.

I kind of wondered if Saigeon and/or Gleason may be drafted in their 2nd year of eligibility since last year there were a bunch of 19 year olds drafted, and both players had a good year this past season. This year there were very few 19 year olds drafted.

bulldogsbaby

Jul 2, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Season Tickets (Bulldogs)

So I'm a first time season ticket holder for this upcoming 2017-18 Season and I'm curious as to what I should be expecting in terms of how far in advance I can access my tickets or just how the whole Bulldogs Account Manager system works (if anyone has experience with Hamilton specifically). If I can think of any more questions I'll be sure to ask in the future.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
So I'm a first time season ticket holder for this upcoming 2017-18 Season and I'm curious as to what I should be expecting in terms of how far in advance I can access my tickets or just how the whole Bulldogs Account Manager system works (if anyone has experience with Hamilton specifically). If I can think of any more questions I'll be sure to ask in the future.

My experience has been that the tickets arrive about 2 weeks before the season starts. As far as the Bulldogs account manager, it's ticketmaster driven, so I presume it will be similar to Ti-Cats tickets (if you've ever had their seasons). It's a recent addition, so not much to say. I've only used it so far, for paying my payment plan balance off a bit earlier, so can't really speak too much to it.

I suspect they have a partnership with the Ti-Cats on a lot of fronts, and that is what has driven this. Basically the Ti-Cats get a better deal from ticketmaster, and the Bulldogs get a more advanced system of ticket management and distribution. I know their stores are linked at the hip as many receipts from the Bulldogs Store have the Ti-Cats logo on it. I also suspect they are sharing the new wireless 50/50 system the Ti-Cats just implemented this season (as the bottom of the receipt says "The Hamilton Bulldogs Foundation")

Generally, when you have a never wasted ticket policy, you can't easily redeem unused tickets through ticket master, so I don't think the Bulldogs will go paperless anytime soon, but that is a consideration as it does save the team money.

I'm wondering what the gifts will be this year. Last year it was a discount on the new black and yellow jersey and a free baseball cap. I know they asked when I renewed what merch you'd like to see, and I know I quipped a Winter coat, a scarf and a golf shirt as my top three pics, so maybe something along those lines.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
My experience has been that the tickets arrive about 2 weeks before the season starts. As far as the Bulldogs account manager, it's ticketmaster driven, so I presume it will be similar to Ti-Cats tickets (if you've ever had their seasons). It's a recent addition, so not much to say. I've only used it so far, for paying my payment plan balance off a bit earlier, so can't really speak too much to it.

I suspect they have a partnership with the Ti-Cats on a lot of fronts, and that is what has driven this. Basically the Ti-Cats get a better deal from ticketmaster, and the Bulldogs get a more advanced system of ticket management and distribution. I know their stores are linked at the hip as many receipts from the Bulldogs Store have the Ti-Cats logo on it. I also suspect they are sharing the new wireless 50/50 system the Ti-Cats just implemented this season (as the bottom of the receipt says "The Hamilton Bulldogs Foundation")

Generally, when you have a never wasted ticket policy, you can't easily redeem unused tickets through ticket master, so I don't think the Bulldogs will go paperless anytime soon, but that is a consideration as it does save the team money.

I'm wondering what the gifts will be this year. Last year it was a discount on the new black and yellow jersey and a free baseball cap. I know they asked when I renewed what merch you'd like to see, and I know I quipped a Winter coat, a scarf and a golf shirt as my top three pics, so maybe something along those lines.

I know this year last i was told by one of their staff and it was on the season ticket paper that its a certian % off a jacket if im not mistaken...

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario

I know last year and year before they had a season ticket holder pick up party where u would go pick up ur tickets hang other fans and talk with players and meet them and get autographs as well.. well the players that arent at NHL camps anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia