Hamilton Bulldogs 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The team improved by 16 points over last year and will return everyone except 4 players next season: Carty, Cramarossa, Luff and Petti. You might see one of their D moved out to allow a guy like Riley McCourt to develop.

Better days ahead I'm sure.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Two big dates coming up... Saturday 9am 2017 OHL rookie draft followed by 2017 under 18 draft ln wednesday... You will start to notice that we won't be keeo alot of players on our protected list beyond a year with that extra draft now...

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Who will be gone?

Who gets drafted in the upcoming NHL draft?

Strome, Entwistle and Fulcher appear to be locks.

Studenic seems to have fallen a bit. I really liked what I seen from him. A fast skater who can constantly create chances, just needs to work on his finish. Has shown to have a pretty good hockey IQ.

Gleason doesn't seem to be on a lot of peoples radar but I could see a team signing him after a good camp performance.

maldo

Feb 21, 2012
Strome, Entwistle and Fulcher appear to be locks.

Studenic seems to have fallen a bit. I really liked what I seen from him. A fast skater who can constantly create chances, just needs to work on his finish. Has shown to have a pretty good hockey IQ.

Gleason doesn't seem to be on a lot of peoples radar but I could see a team signing him after a good camp performance.

studenic can lay out a big hit without taking a penalty supporting your IQ comment and turn around and show some speed and skill as a scoring threat.He will definitely be a good pick

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Strome and Entwistle are the obvious locks for the NHL draft. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Studenic gets selected (4th-5th round?). I also wonder if Gleason or Saigeon will get drafted in their second year of eligibility, which is becoming more common in the NHL. With Fulcher, I think it's anyone's guess, especially because of the lack of games he started in the latter half of the season. Also because we've seen Connor Hicks, who was ranked #10 by Central Scouting at the mid-term and #20 in the final rankings, didn't get drafted.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Staios need to take this off season serious.. Looking at all of the players in the East and West moving on next season and such so much more open league next season and lets hope Staios does stuff this right and drafts better

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
St Johns IceCaps have signed Niki Petti to an ATO and a one year AHL contract for 2017-2018.

Nice to see!

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Staios need to take this off season serious.. Looking at all of the players in the East and West moving on next season and such so much more open league next season and lets hope Staios does stuff this right and drafts better

I think faceoffs are the big area that need to be addressed. In the playoffs the Bulldogs did not have a single player get over the 50 percent mark and even had two players in the 30 percent area. In the regular season it wasn't much better. They had three guys finish above 50 percent. Petti (who won't be on the team), Laishram (who was traded).
So going into the next season the best center faceoff wise will be Saigeon (51 pct in the regular season).

Holding onto leads were a problem all regular season and it ended up ultimately being the teams downfall when it mattered. Its fairly difficult to hold leads when you cant win a face-off and don't have possession of the puck.

maldo

Feb 21, 2012
St Johns IceCaps have signed Niki Petti to an ATO and a one year AHL contract for 2017-2018.

Nice to see!

Good luck Nikki....maybe Petti and Bitten will be a nice combination for the Canadians in the future !!

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I think faceoffs are the big area that need to be addressed. In the playoffs the Bulldogs did not have a single player get over the 50 percent mark and even had two players in the 30 percent area. In the regular season it wasn't much better. They had three guys finish above 50 percent. Petti (who won't be on the team), Laishram (who was traded).
So going into the next season the best center faceoff wise will be Saigeon (51 pct in the regular season).

Holding onto leads were a problem all regular season and it ended up ultimately being the teams downfall when it mattered. Its fairly difficult to hold leads when you cant win a face-off and don't have possession of the puck.

I completely agree with u i say defense or center with 11th overall pick and the 25-26th overall Niagara 2nd round i say goalie

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
1 11 Hamilton McMichael, Connor C 5.10.25 152 01/15/2001 Ajax-Pickering Raiders Minor Midget AAA OMHA - ETA

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=424496

McMichael played last season with the Ajax-Pickering Raiders. He had 72 points including 42 goals and 30 assists in 42 games. McMichael is 5”9 and 151 lbs and is a native of Ajax, ON.

Bulldogs President and General Manager Steve Staios says they’re pleased to welcome Connor McMichael to the Bulldogs family. “McMichael is a player we have kept a close eye on for some time” said Staios. “He has Bulldogs type character and the skill-set that fits nicely with what we’re trying to accomplish”.

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/article...-the-11th-pick-in-2017-ohl-priority-selection

Last edited:

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
4 71
Hamilton
From Kingston
Roy, Zachary G 5.11 165 02/09/2001 Toronto Nationals Minor Midget AAA GTHL

71. Hamilton - Zach Roy - Strong technical goaltender, impressive composure, plays angles well, solid rebound control. Big game goalie

hes the goalie i wanted with the second round pick and to see him drop this far i think is a steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->