Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Any rumors on Graham/Harper? Or is Staios just going to sit on his hands and try to hope to make a deep playoff run with them and lose them for nothing, which the Dogs have no chance of advancing past the first round, as Kingston and Missy are expected to load up?

This team needs to get a young goaltender at the deadline--or this team is going nowhere but down to the OHL's basement in 2016-17 even if the defense develops.. Burnett's system requires an elite goaltender, and there's nothing like that in the system, as Hicks is a bust (he's 19 next year and hasn't developed, and Donofrio hasn't developed much in Compuware, and may decide to go the NCAA route, leaving the Dogs empty-handed). And it looks like Staios won't be firing anyone either.. he seems satisfied with the current job the coaches are doing.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Bulldogs went into the break having earned points in 8 of their last 11 games (6-3-2). The trade deadline is 2 weeks from today and some of their injured may be back soon.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
The Bulldogs went into the break having earned points in 8 of their last 11 games (6-3-2). The trade deadline is 2 weeks from today and some of their injured may be back soon.

But they should sell, regardless of their record. Most of their recent wins have been against either bad teams or teams drained by the World Juniors. When they start facing tough teams post-World Juniors, this team will get exposed. Plus, they need to get another goalie for the future--with Graham gone after this season, Hicks being terrible and Donofrio being a risk to go the NCAA route, they have to do something, even if they end up taking a step back.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Considering how bad the Bulldogs are, according to certain posters, I'm surprised at their recent record. Looking forward to seeing what they'll be like in 2 weeks.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Happy upcoming New year everyone. With the trade deadline looming, does anyone have any trade rumours or trade wishes they'd like to throw out there? Any chance Harper and or Graham might get us a 99 first rounder back such as Gallant from the Petes or Burt from Kingston? Both teams look poised to make a playoff run. Does London have anyone left to trade? Any more rumblings out of Sarnia? Maybe we stand pat and try and get in ourselves? Speculation is fun. Lets hope the dogs have a great second half regardless. Go Dogs!

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
My thoughts on the whole goalie situation.. If we acquire a goalie you will see Graham traded or if we trade graham you will see a goalie acquired.. We need to stop acquiring defenseman and acquire forwards ones that can score... but make thing on the top of my list is a goaltender for next season.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
My thoughts on the whole goalie situation.. If we acquire a goalie you will see Graham traded or if we trade graham you will see a goalie acquired.. We need to stop acquiring defenseman and acquire forwards ones that can score... but make thing on the top of my list is a goaltender for next season.

Let's just hope Staios actually listens.. and it is important we get a goaltender at the deadline. As it stands, we have nothing for next year in net.. unless you think Hicks can be a regular.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Another option for the Bulldogs in goal would be to sign an OA for next year if they decide to keep Charlie.

There will be plenty of options for the Dogs as the deadline approaches but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dogs go shopping for '98 forwards with big potential.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Another option for the Bulldogs in goal would be to sign an OA for next year if they decide to keep Charlie.

There will be plenty of options for the Dogs as the deadline approaches but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dogs go shopping for '98 forwards with big potential.

Liam Herbst of the 67s might become available soon--he's likely to be waived in the next week or two(Oliver Lafreniere just got recalled from Wellington to play for the 67s), and he will be an OA in 2016-17.

Still, they need a young goaltender--rotating OAs in net every year is not sustainable for contention, especially when the team has more significant issues. As for shopping for '98s forwards, I don't believe the Dogs have the picks or young players available to make a deal without mortgaging their future. Remember, they gave up a number of picks in the Marchment and Walters deals.. and I don't know what picks they have left.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Nice win by the Dogs tonight. Trent Fox had a pair, Strome got another goal.. and boy, Flint's defense stunk tonight! Moran is the only reason Flint even got this to OT--the Firebirds had no business being in this game.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton

Yeah...I do feel Hicks can improve and become a regular, I just don't think he's there yet. As much as Graham has been keeping us alive, if you can make a trade for a decent 17 or 18 year old tender, I think you make it. If the team is just squeaking into the playoffs with Graham, the team isn't ready for the playoffs. If the team however makes it with a decent tender that's not quite as good as Graham, it's certainly a sign the team has developed.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Bulldogs have now earned points in 9 of their last 12 games (7-3-2). No Petti last night and of course Lemke and Candella still out long-term.

Just 12 days until the trade deadline.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Note to Staios and Burnett--Get a fricking young goaltender at the deadline! Hicks is terrible.. 4-1 Saginaw, as the Spirit are just jumping on Connor. If this is who they're riding next year, the Dogs won't be winning many games.

Fox is either injured or has the flu like Petti...

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
8-4 now. If this game shows something, it shows that any deadline moves need to be regarding goaltending.. Hicks is a Jr. B calibre goaltender at best.. is it a wonder Graham gets all the work?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
The latest rumour from OHL Insiders about Harpers seems like even more of a head scratcher than the first one with Harper and Graham to Sarnia. They're now saying Harper to Niagara for Harden David and picks is almost done.

Not that I know anything about Davis (maybe someone can give some insight) but he's another dman and has only played a total of 16 OHL games. Meanwhile we already have 8 dmen and that's not including the ones injured (Lemcke and Candella). I would think that at the very least a Hamilton dman would have to be involved as well yet David doesn't really address a need anyway.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
The latest rumour from OHL Insiders about Harpers seems like even more of a head scratcher than the first one with Harper and Graham to Sarnia. They're now saying Harper to Niagara for Harden David and picks is almost done.

Not that I know anything about Davis (maybe someone can give some insight) but he's another dman and has only played a total of 16 OHL games. Meanwhile we already have 8 dmen and that's not including the ones injured (Lemcke and Candella). I would think that at the very least a Hamilton dman would have to be involved as well yet David doesn't really address a need anyway.

Who cares how many D you have. If you can get Hayden Davis for Harper you take it and run. This is a guy that will anchor the D for years to come. You always have a need for a recent top ten pick in the ohl draft

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015

Hayden Davis is a Hamilton born player.. he played Midget AAA there in Hamilton. But, some D men are going to need to be moved if this deal is true--they need forwards and a goaltender more than anything. Once Harper goes, this team will be even more desperate for scoring..

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Davis is a first round pick, he hasn't got a lot of ice time because Niagara has 6 nineteen year old defencemen.

If you get Davis for Harper it's a great deal for Hamilton. If Niagara throws in some pick(s) it's highway robbery.

I would've thought Hamilton would have to throw in a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad