Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
5-4 Dogs right now in front of a healthy 3,867(which is actually up from their AHL number last year by about 200) tonight with the Teddy Bear toss going on..

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
And the Dogs defense is giving up again--5-5 game now as Charlie Graham is getting hung out to dry (again.)

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Dogs lose in OT 7-6.. good to see Strome and Fox scoring.. but terrible defense and goaltending in the 3rd! They should've had this game.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Yeah for Strome (or any rookie) I can imagine there being a adjustment period of getting used to playing with many guys who are much faster and bigger. With Saigeon last year, you could really see that he became more confident in his game and comfortable using his body and getting involved in physical play around late January/February.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Yeah for Strome (or any rookie) I can imagine there being a adjustment period of getting used to playing with many guys who are much faster and bigger. With Saigeon last year, you could really see that he became more confident in his game and comfortable using his body and getting involved in physical play around late January/February.

Let's hope Saigeon figures things out this year soon-- just 6 points in 27 games so far this season with a -17 +/-... he has regressed this year.

Strome and Fox better get familiar with each other on the top line--with Marchment facing a lengthy suspension for that hit, they'll be both playing 1st line minutes at least until around after the New Year..

Now if only the Dogs D would develop.. and they could get a young goaltender.. Graham doesn't seem to want to be in Hamilton right now, based on his 7 goals given up tonight.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Let's hope Saigeon figures things out this year soon-- just 6 points in 27 games so far this season with a -17 +/-... he has regressed this year.

Strome and Fox better get familiar with each other on the top line--with Marchment facing a lengthy suspension for that hit, they'll be both playing 1st line minutes at least until around after the New Year..

Now if only the Dogs D would develop.. and they could get a young goaltender.. Graham doesn't seem to want to be in Hamilton right now, based on his 7 goals given up tonight.
Yeah Saigeon has been pretty quite so far. Hopefully something clicks and he starts producing more.

I watched the replay of the hit a few times on my computer (couldn't do a slow-mo) but I thought it looked like Marchment was about to make contact with the side of the the player and at the last possible moment the player turned away in a split second (for whatever reason) leaving no chance for Marchment to back off. Of course that play and hit happened so fast so I would love to see a it slower motion.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a suspension either. Branch will do what he wants and the OHL rarely posts videos explaining their reasoning for suspensions, which is something I've wanted them to do for quite a while (transparency). There's suspensions (like Colella's 3 game last season) that sometimes leave everyone in disbelief wondering how/why something was even suspension worthy. When Colella got a 5 minute major and game misconduct for a (ghost) slash (and eventually suspended) other Bulls still didn't even know what the called penalty was even for...yet somehow this mystery slash was suspension worthy.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
That was an exciting game, and I will take a loss like that any day over the good and bad that the team was putting forward in November. Offense was finally allowed to open up and start scoring. Actually aggression towards getting the puck.

Realistically, we let them back into the game with a skid of weird goals, which falls on the defense, no question. However, those were judgement errors, and can be corrected, as opposed to this puck possession slow, sluggish defense that was being put forward.

As a side note, while they were nice as a novelty, I really hope the Org doesn't go forward with Blue for the new colors. Black and Gold till I'm dead and Cold baby.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Well at least we know now that you are not from Hamilton, however you seem to think you know a lot about our arena, lease agreements and OURteam. Please if you don't have anything positive to say, say nothing at all. Your constant bashing of coaches, arena staff and fans is tiresome. Sorry but you keep saying the same stuff, over and over and over ad nauseam...

Yeah, I put him on ignore.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Just ignore him... Where he is from prob doesn't have a ohl team... 3800 fans for teddy toss tonight... I could be wrong but I think we have 4 games left until new year as dec 19th next weekend is our last home game left until Jan 3rd and then Jan 6th so if anything I can see Harper and graham traded between dec 26th which I think is first day back after xmas, and Jan 6th. So we could be seeing Harper and graham in dogs colours for last time next weekend...

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Ohl prospects trade deadline for OA section

Stephen Harper - Hamilton Bulldogs
I see Harper being one of the most coveted players at the deadline, despite being an overager. He's having a fantastic season and his size down the middle is often a necessity for team's vying for a Championship. As mentioned above, London, Windsor, Mississauga, Niagara, and Sarnia all make the most sense right now for OA players. In particular, Mississauga could really use the size down the middle behind that fantastic McLeod, Nylander, Bastian line.
Prediction: Harper goes to Mississauga for Brendan Harrogate, a 2nd in 2016 and a 2nd in 2019

Mason Marchment - Hamilton Bulldogs
Marchment is having a very good season as an overager. He brings grit and skill on the wing and could be a great depth add who also has playoff experience with Erie. Problem is, is there a team out there with OA room that would be willing to add Marchment over some of the other players out there? London could certainly upgrade their top 9 by acquiring Marchment and management would be very familiar with him. Windsor is also a possibility. As is Niagara, where his size and physicality would look great on their 2nd line.
Prediction: Marchment goes to Niagara in exchange for a 3rd rounder in 2017 and a 4th in 2016.

Charlie Graham - Hamilton Bulldogs
Make no mistake, Charlie Graham is a terrific netminder. Unfortunately, he's never really had top notch support in front of him during his OHL career. Finally an overager, Graham could certainly be secretly hoping a contender wants his services for the stretch run. Sarnia, Windsor, and London could all be candidates if they view Graham as an upgrade over what they currently have. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that ends up happening. Justin Nichols is most certainly going to be the highly coveted OA goaltender and Jake Smith is probably 2nd. Just isn't enough open spaces around the league for him. But you never know.
Prediction: Graham stays in Hamilton.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Overtime sports nations TD preview predictions

Stephen Harper – The 20 year old Swiss Army Knife is currently toiling in his fifth OHL season and is producing at over a point per game pace on a team that struggles a great deal to produce offense. The overage winger has played both forward and defense throughout his OHL career and that added versatility makes Harper even more appealing, despite the fact he’s most likely to remain up front with any team that acquires him. At 6’2, 215 pounds, Harper combines a mixture of size, speed and skill to be very tough to contain. In 29 games this season the Burlington, Ontario native has 16 goals and 17 assists for 33 points and more impressively carries a +4 rating. Due to his overage status the market will be thinner then it should for the point producing winger, however you can expect the likes of London, Mississauga, Niagara and Owen Sound to all be in on Harper.

Possible Destinations: Mississauga, London, Niagara, Owen Sound
Prediction: Niagara

Charlie Graham – Another 20 year old from the Bulldogs hoping his career will end with a lengthy playoff run in 2015-2016, Charlie Graham is an intriguing goaltending option for the few teams who are hoping to upgrade between the pipes. Graham hasn’t had the greatest season to date, statistically speaking, however its important to note that the 20 year old is playing behind a ridiculously young and inexperience d-core. Graham has shown his ability to steal games over the course of his career and could very well be the difference maker in a playoff series as he seems to thrive with the more rubber he faces. The goalie market is so saturated this season that the return for Graham will be minimal, however with Graham graduating to overage this season the Bulldogs would be wise to acquire whatever possible for the Toronto, Ontario native. With Niagara picking up Alex Nedeljkovic and London adding Brendan Burke from the WHL, only Sarnia really makes sense for Graham.

Possible Destinations: Sarnia
Prediction: Stays in Hamilton

Mason Marchment – Acquired from the Erie Otters early in the season, Mason Marchment has shown his offensive capabilities in 25 games with the Bulldogs this season, racking up 25 points in 25 games. Marchment’s 25 points is just one point shy of his 2014-2015 season total of 26 in 54 games with the Otters last season. The 6’4, 200 pound forward is a personal favorite of mine as he combines offensive ability, physicality, strong hockey sense and deceptively good skating abilities to be highly effective and extremely versatile. A player that can play and contribute anywhere in the lineup, the addition of Marchment to any playoff contender is the quiet under the radar addition that puts teams over the top. Given his overage status again the market may be thinner that is should be, however I have no doubt in my mind that teams will be calling on Marchment. Mississauga, Niagara and London all make sense to me, as Mississauga and London could use Marchment’s grit down the lineup, while Niagara could use Marchment to balance out their top six. Of course for Marchment to end up in London the Knights would have to move out Jack Hidi who has been a scratch as of late and pass on fellow teammate Stephen Harper.

Possible Destinations: London, Niagara, Mississauga, Owen Sound
Prediction: Mississauga

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
What a game...

That was an exciting night at the rink. There was a buzz right from the start that I haven't felt all year. Great atmosphere. Awesome teddy bear toss. Well done to everyone. As far as the game went, it was end to end stuff with lots of chances and shots on goal. The Marchment hit was unfortunate, as the player lost an edge just prior to the hit and his lowered body position caused the injury. Glad to see him get up. If there is a lengthy suspension (due to repeat offender status) it will give others more of an opportunity. Strome has certainly benefited from playing with top line players and getting PP minutes, hopefully Entwistle will get some time there now too. His effort on the 5 on 3 PK last night was outstanding. Coaching seems to be burying him lately. To be honest, the offense looked more balanced and quick without Marchment dominating the puck possession. A three minute lapse of concentration cost us again, we haven't had many bounces go our way all year. The hockey gods will come around soon. I sure got my monies worth last night.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
To be honest as a dogs fan it doesnt bother me if marchment is suspended or not because we have to face facts he won't be here next year so we have to get used to not seeing him in the line up and see what else our other players can do

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Yesterday Ondrej and his Czech Republic team played a pre-tourney game against the OJHL All-Stars. He assisted on the game-opening goal on the power play.

The game went to a shootout with the OJHL winning 4 to 3. The real games begin tomorrow.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Lineups:

Hamilton lines:
Fox-Harper-Marchment
Strome-Petti-Luff
Cramarossa-Saigeon-Laishram
Colella-Entwistle-Mizzi

Goalie: Hicks

Defense
Saban-Gleason
Hanley-Walters
Mieritz-Morris

Scratches: Lemcke, Kachyna, Webb, Mendonca, Candella

Surprisingly, Marchment is in the lineup tonight--spared at least until OHL offices reopen on Monday. Hicks unsurprisingly gets the start after Graham's clunker last night in the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad