Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Wednesday might've last game we see Harper or graham in a Bulldogs jersey because they might not be with us on our trip Kitchener on Friday

If not sooner.. we'll see what happens between now and Wednesday. If they let him go, it will mean the Dogs are throwing the towel on the 2015-16 season.. Hicks has been awful any time he's played.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Graham once again nearly steals a game--but once again, the offense does zip. Dogs lose both games vs. Erie. Burnett is likely fuming..

I'd say the offense had their chances. We haven't been to all games, offering our ST to family when we can't go, but this was one of the better games we saw. The lack of shots on net would be concerning, but I saw a lot of hustle and push.

Marchment needs to let go of the reactionary stickwork. He only drew one penalty from what I remember, but nearly every altercation he had with another player ended with him swinging the stick.

Graham was really strong. I hated that he got burned.

Attendance seemed positive.

Was it Lasham who was thrown out of the faceoff circle and then drew a penalty? The Otter centre continued to chirp at him and I thought the Unsportsmanlike was unwarranted.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I'd say the offense had their chances. We haven't been to all games, offering our ST to family when we can't go, but this was one of the better games we saw. The lack of shots on net would be concerning, but I saw a lot of hustle and push.

Marchment needs to let go of the reactionary stickwork. He only drew one penalty from what I remember, but nearly every altercation he had with another player ended with him swinging the stick.

Graham was really strong. I hated that he got burned.

Attendance seemed positive.

Was it Lasham who was thrown out of the faceoff circle and then drew a penalty? The Otter centre continued to chirp at him and I thought the Unsportsmanlike was unwarranted.

It was Laishram & it was unwarranted.

He was pointing out the Otter's center's were cheating on the draws with their skate positioning, and he was right.

Officials need to have a thicker skin; if they can't handle being admonished when they've made a mistake then they need to be doing something else.

Also from that point on it seemed the Dogs had a rough time with the officials. Luff was clearly interfered with in open ice by Darren Raddysh and the officials turned a blind eye. Ditto for a 2 hander Entwistle took in front of the net later.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Saxon's twitter says Hamilton finishing a deal with the Storm for the rights to Tyler Boston who quit the team. Supposedly for picks.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Saxon's twitter says Hamilton finishing a deal with the Storm for the rights to Tyler Boston who quit the team. Supposedly for picks.

Wrong Dogs. He's going to the Niagara IceDogs instead--and BTW, Hamilton really needs to change the team's name if they're going to stay in the OHL--too much confusion with Niagara, and it's not right using the AHL team name, when most fans think about the Bulldogs of the AHL:

[Tweet]683814630750289920[/Tweet]

inthehammer

Jul 20, 2005
Hamilton

Think you might have misread that one, Saxon (Guelph) has Boston being traded to Niagara, pending league approval tomorrow morning. Going to be interesting how it plays out, Boston was praised in the media for his mature decision to value his education over his passion. Some saying online that it is so he can be closer to Brock University, and transition to playing for the Badgers next year. Some really disappointed fans up in Guelph over this news.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Wrong Dogs. He's going to the Niagara IceDogs instead--and BTW, Hamilton really needs to change the team's name if they're going to stay in the OHL--too much confusion with Niagara, and it's not right using the AHL team name, when most fans think about the Bulldogs of the AHL:

[Tweet]683814630750289920[/Tweet]

There's a diff between icedogs and Bulldogs... Ever since we got our team all you have done is come here and complained I've never seen one positive post about the Bulldogs from you..

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
My thoughts on the weekend games. Saturday I thought we were unlucky not to come away with a win or at least a point. Yesterday we were outplayed after the first period. Graham was great both games again. I thought Luff worked extremely hard, him and Entwistle were great on the PK. Petti looked disinterested. Erie plays the heck out of their young players and the Lodnia, Neumann line generated more offence than our two top lines combined. Maybe its time to give our youngsters some more ice? Fourth line isn't helping their development much. Its nice to see Webb slowly working his way back into the mix. I'm sure its been a rough first year for him. Lets hope the new year brings some positive changes and the quick return of our captain and Candella. Go dogs!

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Think you might have misread that one, Saxon (Guelph) has Boston being traded to Niagara, pending league approval tomorrow morning. Going to be interesting how it plays out, Boston was praised in the media for his mature decision to value his education over his passion. Some saying online that it is so he can be closer to Brock University, and transition to playing for the Badgers next year. Some really disappointed fans up in Guelph over this news.
I believe it is Western he wants to go to.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Here's the amount of draft picks teams have as of the trade freeze Dec 20th--hasn't been updated yet to reflect the Boston trade to Niagara:

http://theohlwriter.blogspot.ca/2015/12/ohl-draftpick-database-2015-christmas.html

They're really going to need to hit a home run with the 2016 draft--that 2nd rounder they have is expected to be a low pick due to London being elite, and they have no 2nd rounders after this season. It shows how much Burnett has emptied the cupboard of picks between the Bulls/Dogs franchise.. they're also going to need to get some decent picks for Harper and Graham.

And BTW, Petes own your 2nd rounder..

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Does Marchment survive the Friday deadline?

50/50 at best.. but the Dogs need to get as many picks as possible. Remember, they have no 2nd rounder of their own, and the 2nd rounder they do own will be in the high 30s due to a strong London team.

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
I would love Harper in Mississauga but I believe he has other teams looking at him. I do think Marchment is on the Trouts radar..

core33

Feb 22, 2015
You would think they would have lots of picks. Belleville made 2 big trades last 2 years in Gaunce and Elie.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
I also noticed Marchment seemed to be not going off for changes at least once last night. Like two line changes past and Marchment stayed on the ice before going off, extra circulars aside. Either way, it's looking more and more like it was the wrong move making a trade for him, as it doesn't look like we'll be getting into the playoffs. Even if we do make it, I have doubts we'd make it past the first round.

So, who's coming to the Dog-eat-Dog game on Wed?

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
The reason the Dogs have so few 2nd rounders is due to the Alan Quine and Tyler Graovac trades in 2013--when Malcolm Subban led the Bulls to a conference final berth(they lost to Barrie). This franchise, no matter where it is, hasn't recovered since..

Of course, 1st rounders can't be traded until mid-season next season, as we just saw with Robbie Burt of the Fronts..

So basically, the team is in trouble after this season in multiple ways--little currency to trade for any big names outside of their 99s, and no goaltending with Graham's graduation. And most teams aren't going to take picks in 2019 or 2020 right now.. not when they're so far away.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I also noticed Marchment seemed to be not going off for changes at least once last night. Like two line changes past and Marchment stayed on the ice before going off, extra circulars aside. Either way, it's looking more and more like it was the wrong move making a trade for him, as it doesn't look like we'll be getting into the playoffs. Even if we do make it, I have doubts we'd make it past the first round.

So, who's coming to the Dog-eat-Dog game on Wed?

If that rival beginning between us and greyhounds earlier was a start of a good rival could just imagine what Wednesday will be like at the dog pound

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
If that rival beginning between us and greyhounds earlier was a start of a good rival could just imagine what Wednesday will be like at the dog pound

Especially next season when the OHL realigns and the Dogs likely move to the Central or West..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad