Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Getting a '99 first round pick for an OA is a steal in every sense of the term, defensemen or not. You can always deal some of the defensive depth for forwards in following trades.

With that being said the target really should be Ben Jones. Jones played with Entwistle and Strome a fair bit with the Marlies M.Midget "AAA" team last year, he's a talented '99 first round pick with pure goal scoring abilities, something that would be an ideal fit in Hamilton for the coming years.

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
Last night there was also talk of Cramarossa and potentially Fox as well being shipped off before the deadline as well. No deals in the works as far as I know, but both players have significantly increased their trade values this year, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
While we continue to wait to see if Harper gets traded or not, here's something the team is more needing of--a goaltender. Here's their current depth in the system after Charlie Graham, who should be dealt ASAP:

Connor Hicks-- 3-6, 4.62 GAA, 0.860 SV%
Cole Ceci-- 2.29 GAA, 0.930 SV% (in Jr. B, splitting time with Matt Calas), and I don't believe he's signed.
Nick Donofrio-- 0.855 SV%, 0-4, 3.15 GAA in Compuware Midget U18

Not a lot of depth in the system.. hopefully Staios is thinking about this..

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Ceci has looked TREMENDOUS for Ancaster on the occasions I've had to see him play.

Whether he could translate to the OHL, another question entirely but he's definitely got the talent.

Also Matt McJannet is someone I'd like to see get a look at some point.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Ceci has looked TREMENDOUS for Ancaster on the occasions I've had to see him play.

Whether he could translate to the OHL, another question entirely but he's definitely got the talent.

Also Matt McJannet is someone I'd like to see get a look at some point.

50 points in St. Thomas (18G, 32A).. but there's risk he takes the NCAA route--he was up with the Trenton Golden Hawks earlier this season, and he does not have a OHL commitment at the moment. As for Cole Ceci.. it's uncertain. It may be part of the reason Graham is still with the Dogs..

inthehammer

Jul 20, 2005
Hamilton
Last night there was also talk of Cramarossa and potentially Fox as well being shipped off before the deadline as well. No deals in the works as far as I know, but both players have significantly increased their trade values this year, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Where was this talk? Fox would be a disappointing loss.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Starting to get the feeling that the report on the Harper trade was a blogger throwing stuff at the wall so to speak.

I have to agree--ownership is really under pressure to make the playoffs, even at risk of the team being as awful as Guelph or Sudbury next year, especially considering fans in Hamilton haven't seen a playoff game in years..

Reality is though, they need to sell like Oshawa just did with Dal Colle and others--as it stands, the Dogs are struggling to make the playoffs as is.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Trade Deadline is the 11th is it not... which means the home and home against Erie Otters tonight and tomorrow, Wednesday in the first battle of the dogs in Hamilton... friday in kitchener and saturday in peterborough.. which gives us 5 more games before the deadline if in deed it is the 11th... if it is the 9th then we have 4 games.. with 2 games in hand of 8th place Oshawa generals either way we cant get past Kingston in 1st round but also depends on which dogs teams shows up... if the one that showed up against Saginaw the other night we dont have a chance

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Trade deadline

Trade Deadline is the 11th is it not... which means the home and home against Erie Otters tonight and tomorrow, Wednesday in the first battle of the dogs in Hamilton... friday in kitchener and saturday in peterborough.. which gives us 5 more games before the deadline if in deed it is the 11th... if it is the 9th then we have 4 games.. with 2 games in hand of 8th place Oshawa generals either way we cant get past Kingston in 1st round but also depends on which dogs teams shows up... if the one that showed up against Saginaw the other night we dont have a chance

The trade deadline is Monday Jan/11 at noon.
For overagers its Friday the 8th at noon.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I mean were better off trading Cramarossa if we can get something for him as without Harper i dont think he does any good next season.. Besides Fox, Luff and maybe Strome and Endty we wont have much scoring next year from our forwards unless we draft a forward with a top 5 pick who is good i donno i havnt looked at anyone from the upcoming draft class

inthehammer

Jul 20, 2005
Hamilton
Windsor just opened up two OA spots. Hate to speculate, but they've just become a perfect trade partner for Harper and Graham in a blockbuster.

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
I mean were better off trading Cramarossa if we can get something for him as without Harper i dont think he does any good next season.. Besides Fox, Luff and maybe Strome and Endty we wont have much scoring next year from our forwards unless we draft a forward with a top 5 pick who is good i donno i havnt looked at anyone from the upcoming draft class

Cramarossa hasn't played on Harper's line for almost two months and had the highest point total of all returning players this season, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense.

Speaking of Cramarossa, his line with Fox and Marchment is listed as the 4th line tonight. Maybe some trades coming up, or maybe George is just ticked off.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Graham nearly steals a game for the Dogs--but unfortunately, Hamilton once again can't score, as they lose 2-1 to the Otters. If it weren't for Graham, this game would've been a blowout--the Dogs were outshot badly 35-19.

At this point, it's getting close to the point Hamilton needs to blow up the roster--get as much as possible for their OAs and upcoming OAs for 2016-17.. and of course, trade for a young goalie.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Konecny just got dealt from the 67s to the Kitchener Rangers, likely starting a fire sale in Ottawa. Considering this Dogs team is going nowhere right now and likely has slim chances of making the playoffs, is Staios going to think about doing the same thing? I mean, even with the young D, there are many holes on this roster for 2016-17.. especially scoring forwards and goaltending.

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
"Konecny just got dealt from the 67s to the Kitchener Rangers, likely starting a fire sale in Ottawa. "

Is that confirmed.? It's not on OHL site yet ?
Ottawa is at .500 and 2nd highest scoring in the East. Konecny 2nd in team scoring.
I don't see a fire sale happening there this season.
Oshawa now, that's another story. Looks like they are cashing in early, and helping the Fronts make a run. That may actually help the Bulldogs to back into the 1st round playoffs, and save Burnett, yet again.
Burnett will likely wait too long again, after everyone else is finished dealing.
Get used to it.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
"Konecny just got dealt from the 67s to the Kitchener Rangers, likely starting a fire sale in Ottawa. "

Is that confirmed.? It's not on OHL site yet ?
Ottawa is at .500 and 2nd highest scoring in the East. Konecny 2nd in team scoring.
I don't see a fire sale happening there this season.
Oshawa now, that's another story. Looks like they are cashing in early, and helping the Fronts make a run. That may actually help the Bulldogs to back into the 1st round playoffs, and save Burnett, yet again.
Burnett will likely wait too long again, after everyone else is finished dealing.
Get used to it.

So far it's all BS about Konecny

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
So far it's all BS about Konecny

True, but it's inevitable he'll be traded after the 5th anyway.. whether it's Kitchener or some other team.

As for Burnett--I'm beginning to think he won't trade anybody.. he's done this before.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
We have two games in hand on Oshawa.. If we lose tonight and Wednesday and Oshawa beats Peterborough on Thursday that puts us 6 pts behind Oshawa... We are roughly half way point we would have to win I say 15-20 of our remaining games for us to have a chance at playoffs

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Scratch Windsor as an option for Harper--Connor Chatham got traded to Windsor.

Of course, Harper doesn't want to leave the Hamilton area..

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Graham once again nearly steals a game--but once again, the offense does zip. Dogs lose both games vs. Erie. Burnett is likely fuming..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad