Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Bulldogs future doesn't look as bleak as some have suggested. The team can return 20 players next season; it has a full compliment of picks in the '16 draft; two sought after OAs to trade now; and, a goalie will be easy enough to acquire. With a little better injury luck next season, I think the Bulldogs can earn home ice in the first round of playoffs.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
The Bulldogs future doesn't look as bleak as some have suggested. The team can return 20 players next season; it has a full compliment of picks in the '16 draft; two sought after OAs to trade now; and, a goalie will be easy enough to acquire. With a little better injury luck next season, I think the Bulldogs can earn home ice in the first round of playoffs.

We currently have 3rd overall pick.. That with our youth from 2015 I'm sure some of the players that we have now will be moved in the off season..

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Did OHL say they were realigning for sure next season?

The OHL is looking at it but nothing is set in stone.

Essentially to re-align they have to come up with a solution that all 20 franchises can agree to & that can prove to be extremely difficult.

For Hamilton, I'm sure they'd like to have more games against teams that will draw crowds from the nearby markets (Guelph, Kitchener to name a couple) however to realign into a division with those teams they would have to be willing to give up their divisional rivalry with London (as it would be a major stretch to see the Dogs just moving into the Midwest division).

So trying to balance all sides will be the stumbling block.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario

We currently have 3rd overall pick.. That with our youth from 2015 I'm sure some of the players that we have now will be moved in the off season..

Bulldogs have a very bright future ahead. From talking to George Burnett, Troy Smith, Steve Staios, I'm very excited about what's coming down the line for this team.

What I find exciting is that there is a plan moving forward, look at the youth in that D core for instance.

Things are going to get better with this team and organization, I'm very proud to be a part of it all.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs have a very bright future ahead. From talking to George Burnett, Troy Smith, Steve Staios, I'm very excited about what's coming down the line for this team.

What I find exciting is that there is a plan moving forward, look at the youth in that D core for instance.

Things are going to get better with this team and organization, I'm very proud to be a part of it all.

From a coach that is likely to be fired at season's end--I don't take anything Burnett says with a grain of salt. How are they going to score, and who's going to play goalie? I mean, this team has struggled to score for 6 years, and it's mostly Burnett's fault. The only reason he's kept a job is because goalies like Murphy, Subban, Graham have hidden the team's issues. There's nothing in the pipeline at goalie to replace Graham.. and this team doesn't score enough to mask deficiencies.

They need scoring forwards and goaltending, not more D!

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
From a coach that is likely to be fired at season's end--I don't take anything Burnett says with a grain of salt. How are they going to score, and who's going to play goalie? I mean, this team has struggled to score for 6 years, and it's mostly Burnett's fault. The only reason he's kept a job is because goalies like Murphy, Subban, Graham have hidden the team's issues. There's nothing in the pipeline at goalie to replace Graham.. and this team doesn't score enough to mask deficiencies.

They need scoring forwards and goaltending, not more D!

Who said anything about more D?

Bulldogs have 10 D (11 if you include Gordeev) they can return next year, you'd be crazy not to think someone out of that group will be dealt before the beginning of next season.

Lemcke - Webb
Candella - Walters
Gleason - Saban
Kachyna - Mieritz
Morris - Hanley
Gordeev

You move a couple of those D for improvements up front or draft picks to gain those improvements (through drafting or flipping the picks) and this team looks a lot different in a hurry.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
this team does not need sore losers from Bville the did not support the team when it was there , along with a city council that failed to act !

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Who said anything about more D?

Bulldogs have 10 D (11 if you include Gordeev) they can return next year, you'd be crazy not to think someone out of that group will be dealt before the beginning of next season.

Lemcke - Webb
Candella - Walters
Gleason - Saban
Kachyna - Mieritz
Morris - Hanley
Gordeev

You move a couple of those D for improvements up front or draft picks to gain those improvements (through drafting or flipping the picks) and this team looks a lot different in a hurry.

Are either euros expected back?

When will Lemcke return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad