Matthew Wilkins

Goalies
Cole Ceci
Nick Donofrio
Charlie Graham (OA)
Connor Hicks

Red = Returning Players

Pre-Season Schedule:
September 01, 2015 – Players report for medical and fitness testing 2:00 p.m.
September 02, 2015 – Scrimmages 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
September 03, 2015 – Scrimmages 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
September 04, 2015 – Practice 2:00 p.m.
September 05, 2015 – Exhibition game vs. Peterborough 7:00 p.m. (Dave Andreychuk Mountain Arena)
September 06, 2015 – Exhibition game at Erie 4:00 p.m.
September 17, 2015 – Exhibition game at Peterborough 7:05 p.m.
September 19, 2015 – Exhibition game at Oshawa 4:00 p.m. (Ajax Community Centre)
September 20, 2015 – Exhibition game vs Erie 2:00 p.m. (Burlington Central Arena)

Additional training camp info: http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/article/training-camp-schedule-and-roster

Last edited:

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Line combinations for tomorrow's scrimmage
CN3O_GdUwAAL8-f.jpg

Based on those combos I'd say George wants a good look at Strome, Menonca, and Mizzi. Same with the imports Kachyna and Mieritz on defence.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
To be honest, I don't remember. Someone else would likely know. From the looks of these lines, it looks like they are testing out Strome, Mendonca, and Mizzi's offensive abilities against Morris and Saban (2 stay at home dmen).

A few more comments...Fox and Luff played well together with Saigeon on the third line last season. While I'm very curious what the line combos will be on opening night I'm thinking Cramarossa, Harper, Petti will be on the top line. From there I'm not sure because I'd expect Laishram and Luff to be on the second line, which leaves Saigeon and Fox for centre. My guess is Saigeon stays on the second line and Fox be on the third with Strome. Fox is a 2-way forward anyway and plays a full 200 foot game. All of this is assuming everyone is back from the NHL rookie tournaments and/or training camps: Lemcke (Det), Fox (STL), Petti (Car), Harper (SJ).

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
I think Matt Strome top 5 pick in OHL would develop more if he had a top 6 instead of being on the checking line personally but thats my opinion
Welcome to the Burnett Show! Good luck to all you Hamilton fans on trying to figure out George.
Side Note: Really big fan of Brody Morris, kid really comes to play, hits, fights when needed, mobility is the only thing that holds him back.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Welcome to the Burnett Show! Good luck to all you Hamilton fans on trying to figure out George.
Side Note: Really big fan of Brody Morris, kid really comes to play, hits, fights when needed, mobility is the only thing that holds him back.

Well...and decision-making at times but otherwise I like Brody. I think he can be a Bignell replacement, not flashy but tough to play against and backs up his teammates.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I agree about Morris too. Thought he had a good strong finish to the end of the season when he was given more ice time near the end last year. Really hoping he gets more ice time (full-time?) this year and can help fill Bignell's shoes.

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
Was anyone able to catch the morning scrimmage? How did the returning guys look? I didn't hear anything great about anyone yet but I suppose it's pretty early. Any potential surprises that could make the roster?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
For those people who cant attend the scrimmages download the app periscope and give matt holmes aka @dogsradio a follow and u can watch the scrimmages online... you will only be able to watch it from one of the end zones but you can still watch it... just thought i would pass it on for those who cant get down to the arena

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
3-1 for white after 1st period...

Team White goals:
???? (didnt catch who scored 1st goal)
Michael Cramarossa assisted by Harper
Steven Harper assisted by Cramarossa and lemck

Team red Goals:
Mackenzie Entwistle assisted by Brandon Saigeon

Last edited:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Team Red Scoring:
Willets from Hanley
Entwistle unassisted
Saigeon from Ming and Mizzi
Scanlin from Hanley
Girduckis from Saigeon

Team White Scoring:
Nurse (PPG) from Saban and Vanroboys
Luff unassisted
Fox from Bricknell
McJannet from Colella and Saban
Nurse from Vanroboys

Mendonca (Red) was the lone goal scorer in the 5 man shootout

Best players:
Forwards - Bricknell, Nurse, Entwistle (doesn't look like a rookie), Saigeon, Mizzi, Crocker (small but extremely effective in possession). Veterans Fox, Colella, Luff and Laishram had their moments too.

Defensemen - Hanley (best Dman out there), Candella, Webb (looked solid in his first camp), Girduckis (so damn impressive today...close call for best dman today), Morris and Lemcke were very good too.

Cole Ceci didn't allow a goal but these scrimmages aren't a good indication for goaltenders.

I can post more indepth analysis later. If you want to know how a specific player did, I don't mind giving my thoughts either.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Team red leads 5-3 in second period..

Goal 3 - not sure who scored

Red Goal 4 - Strome from jackson and 1 other player didnt hear the pay announcer
Red Goal 5 - Mizzi from Mendonca and Kachyna

Red leads 5-3 after 2

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
Strome and Entwhistle will not look like rookies come second half of the season. Entwhistle should have been a first rounder imo, and Strome has the advantage of getting to train with his older siblings, Bulldogs fans have a lot to look forward too in the coming years

JJJMac

Apr 18, 2014
Talked to a friend with kid on the team. He said all 99s that had not been signed previously were let go today. Also said he thought a 98 was let go. Looks like only unsigned players left in camp are:
Di Iorio
Girduckis
Crocker
McJannet
Mizzi
Ceci

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Talked to a friend with kid on the team. He said all 99s that had not been signed previously were let go today. Also said he thought a 98 was let go. Looks like only unsigned players left in camp are:
Di Iorio
Girduckis
Crocker
McJannet
Mizzi
Ceci

All worthy if true. Each one of these players were impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad