Confirmed with Link: Hagel & two 4ths ('22 & '24) traded to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, & two 1sts ('23 & '24)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No points yet for Hagel after two games. Didn't get a SHG tonight even, but it's early into his tenure there.

Was browsing Tampa's most recent GDT, and one posted mentioned that in the last two months, the Bolts have only won 2 games against teams currently in playoff contention. They're winning against the teams they should be beating, but it should still be a bit worrying to not be winning against good teams.

We all know how fast contenders can start their descent into mediocrity, hopefully this is the first sign of that.
They could be turning into the Hawks 2016. Coast through the regular season, try to "flip the switch" when the playoffs come around, and then fail to get up to speed in time. Hopefully that happens next year, don't care what they do this year.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
No points yet for Hagel after two games. Didn't get a SHG tonight even, but it's early into his tenure there.

Was browsing Tampa's most recent GDT, and one posted mentioned that in the last two months, the Bolts have only won 2 games against teams currently in playoff contention. They're winning against the teams they should be beating, but it should still be a bit worrying to not be winning against good teams.

We all know how fast contenders can start their descent into mediocrity, hopefully this is the first sign of that.

They're just coasting right now. They have way too strong a team, filled with way too many players in their primes to be on any downward slope currently. They're playoff tested, back-to-back champs waiting for May.

But in the off-season of 2023, when they have no money and have to re-sign like 5 important players? Yeah, that off-season will be a big indicator of what the near-future holds for the Lightning.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
They're just coasting right now. They have way too strong a team, filled with way too many players in their primes to be on any downward slope currently. They're playoff tested, back-to-back champs waiting for May.

But in the off-season of 2023, when they have no money and have to re-sign like 5 important players? Yeah, that off-season will be a big indicator of what the near-future holds for the Lightning.
They've got a few guys on the wrong side of 30, have less depth than in years past, and have had two long playoff runs in a row. I think they are better than what they've shown at times this season, but I also don't think they are as strong as seasons past. Good enough to win their 3rd in a row, very well possible.

But the decline has already begun and it shouldn't be a forgone conclusion that these 1sts end up in that 28-32 range; not saying you are suggesting as much, just that that was the point of my post.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
They've got a few guys on the wrong side of 30, have less depth than in years past, and have had two long playoff runs in a row. I think they are better than what they've shown at times this season, but I also don't think they are as strong as seasons past. Good enough to win their 3rd in a row, very well possible.

But the decline has already begun and it shouldn't be a forgone conclusion that these 1sts end up in that 28-32 range; not saying you are suggesting as much, just that that was the point of my post.

A few guys, but just barely -- as of right now. I'm totally on board with you and their decline in 2023-24 and beyond. They're going to be an older team, locked into a lot of big contracts, right up against the cap and they're going to need to find a way to re-sign guys like Cirelli, Sergachev, Colton, Foote and Cernak. They'll probably just straight up lose Palat and Killorn to UFA too.

Reactions: Muffinalt

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Toews is spot on, he sees the bs that I am seeing. This team just keeps getting worse for now and for the future. Make no mistake this move will be regretted. Just when the team starts getting into the rhythm and there is a bright light on the team it’s immediately turned off. It’s pathetic.
What rhythm? Inconsistent all year. Love Hagel but 2 roster players and 2 firsts. I think Raddysh is going to surprise as is Kachouk.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Tampa has lost three in a row for the 2nd time this month and are a Point away from dropping into a wildcard spot. Obviously their performance this season doesn't have any affect on our picks, but the signs of decline are there.

Raddysh's performance alone is taking a lot of the sting out of this trade. Still feel Hagel is the better player, but the difference might be smaller than I originally thought.

Edit: seeing places saying Boston has actually overtaken that 3rd place spot after their win against Tampa. Don't know why NHL app hasn't updated that yet; it's been hours since that game finished.

So yeah, Tampa is in a wild card spot right now. Don't go thinking those 23 and 24 picks can't be decent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pertti

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Tampa has lost three in a row for the 2nd time this month and are a Point away from dropping into a wildcard spot. Obviously their performance this season doesn't have any affect on our picks, but the signs of decline are there.

Raddysh's performance alone is taking a lot of the sting out of this trade. Still feel Hagel is the better player, but the difference might be smaller than I originally thought.

Edit: seeing places saying Boston has actually overtaken that 3rd place spot after their win against Tampa. Don't know why NHL app hasn't updated that yet; it's been hours since that game finished.

So yeah, Tampa is in a wild card spot right now. Don't go thinking those 23 and 24 picks can't be decent.
I think it would be awesome to have TB in the first wildcard so they face the Leafs in the first round.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
A few guys, but just barely -- as of right now. I'm totally on board with you and their decline in 2023-24 and beyond. They're going to be an older team, locked into a lot of big contracts, right up against the cap and they're going to need to find a way to re-sign guys like Cirelli, Sergachev, Colton, Foote and Cernak. They'll probably just straight up lose Palat and Killorn to UFA too.
The assumption down here is that one of Palat - Killorn is gone and Hagel fills that role. With other UFA issues it creates 2 new 3rd line holes next year without the picks available to trade away to fill the holes.
While the whole roster isn’t “old” Stamkos is as well as their top 2 Dmen.
I can easily see the 2023 pick being 17 - 24 then depending on age or injury with very little on the way and a lot of mileage on Kucherov and Point. I almost hope they get to keep the 2024 pick because the 24/25 version of the Lightning will not be impressive.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
not sure if this kid was ever on the table in the fleury/hagel proposal but sheesh what a shot...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He was. That's why Dubas got pissed it was leaked.
maybe what should be talked about more is did davidson and norm overplay their hand? idk if this kid is a first round grade quality player but if toronto got mad about asking for two 1st instead of 1 and walked away did the hawks end up with an inferior deal to what tampa ultimately gave up?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just playing around with capfriendly's GM mode.

For next season, with Seabrook on LTIR and the cap raised a million, the Bolts have $6.5m available and a roster of 17. No UFA/RFA's signed (so Palat walks in this scenario). That is not a lot of room for a team without a ton of good prospects.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

For next season, with Seabrook on LTIR and the cap raised a million, the Bolts have $6.5m available and a roster of 17. No UFA/RFA's signed (so Palat walks in this scenario). That is not a lot of room for a team without a ton of good prospects.
Damn, sounds like they could really use some affordable players like Raddysh or maybe even Katchouk...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

maybe that is partially why Hagel was so attractive to them, as far as Palat walking is concerned

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Not a great start for Hagel. He has 1 goal, no assists, and (if my math is correct) only 4 SOGs (3 of which came in one game) in his first 5 games with the Bolts.

Taylor Raddysh has 2 goals, 2 assists, and 12 shots on goal in the same amount of games.

That's not saying that Raddysh is the better player, but he's certainly had the better start on their new clubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00