Confirmed with Link: Hagel & two 4ths ('22 & '24) traded to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, & two 1sts ('23 & '24)

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
giphy.gif

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hagel was one of my personal favorite players on this team. I defended him religiously from a couple of people in here underrating him (bottom 6 player, Grindy McGrinderson, etc)

But I really do hope Davidson got alot back for him. His value may not get higher than this.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I wouldn't get too excited yet. Servalli is the guy who said posted 2 false injury reports on Lehner, just this season.

When I see someone I trust say it, I'll believe it.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
As an outsider, what would be the reason for moving a guy who is 23 with 21 goals in 55 games? I get he has a high shooting percentage this year but even if that number came back to reality a young guy who could be a 20-25 goal guy seems odd to move on from

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Hold me I'm scared
As an outsider, what would be the reason for moving a guy who is 23 with 21 goals in 55 games? I get he has a high shooting percentage this year but even if that number came back to reality a young guy who could be a 20-25 goal guy seems odd to move on from
It's a good question. Most of us want to keep him unless someone is going to overpay for him via picks and prospects.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Wow if this isn't a HAUL I'm gonna be pissed as f***. And the players too.

He was about the only culture setter we had and still developing. Ffs.

Needs to be a legitimate haul otherwise it's gonna bit us in the ass on multiple fronts.

Not to mention he's one of the coolest players to watch...

Reactions: hawksrule

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016

I'm going with a few things:

His value will likely never be higher for a team looking to *start* a rebuild, by the time that rebuild is over he won't be such a bargain at this rate.

Also, this team jettisoned a ton of futures for Seth Jones. Starting said rebuild that far behind the eight ball isn't ideal.

The Hawks need to replenish the pipeline and recouping picks...preferably high picks is the primary way to do it.

This *may* also indicate that MAF doesn't want to move and so Hagel was the best bet for recouping some good assets.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

As an insider the reason would be: The office guys suck at their jobs.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong and the haul is incredible or that the story is a dud.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I'm going with a few things:

His value will likely never be higher for a team looking to *start* a rebuild.

Also, this team jettisoned a ton of futures for Seth Jones. Starting said rebuild that far behind the eight ball isn't ideal.

The Hawks need to replenish the pipeline and recouping picks...preferably high picks is the primary way to do it.

This *may* also indicate that MAF doesn't want to move and so Hagel was the best bet for recouping some good assets.

That Jones trade and contract looked horrible at the time and even worse now. I still can’t believe people were defending it as it happened

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Key is going to be what constitutes a "top prospect" If we got a legit "top prospect", and a late first....I will be happy with the move despite sad to see the player go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad