Confirmed with Link: Hagel & two 4ths ('22 & '24) traded to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, & two 1sts ('23 & '24)

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Yeah god forbid Toews shares his honest opinion. He should be a self sacrificing robot for the fans obviously.
Kinda glad he did. Confirms what has been rumored about his attitude and demands behind the scenes the last few years. If the FO listened to him we would still be going all in and sucking. He needs to work on his game and not second guess the FO when they openly stated they were going full rebuild.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I can imagine Toews probably didn't give a shit that Davidson announced a rebuild because the only guys over 30 on the team were him, Kane, Johnson, Fleury, Carpenter, De Haan, and Gus. Losing the last 4 isn't hugely significant, Johnson has negative value so we wouldn't be trying to move him, and Toews and Kane both have NMCs.

I'm guessing he didn't think the young guys in their early to mid twenties were gonna be on the hot seat. Well, time to wake up Johnny, this is a firesale.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Toews' reaction is lame

Toews is spot on, he sees the bs that I am seeing. This team just keeps getting worse for now and for the future. Make no mistake this move will be regretted. Just when the team starts getting into the rhythm and there is a bright light on the team it’s immediately turned off. It’s pathetic.

Reactions: Nellie Fox

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Imagine thinking this team was going anywhere :laugh:

It's been time to rebuild for 4 years.
No it hasn’t been time to rebuild, the team has big strides last year until last offseason with all those horrendous moves. Also all the horrible moves before which lead to this. But when you finally find players to build on you keep them. If you want to rebuild you don’t trade away your young squad, you trade away your old garbage that is not part of the plan. I am not saying the team is ready to contend I am saying this move makes the team WORSE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. How did you reach that conclusion is beyond me. I was against the move of Jones because I saw the team was not ready, I see things differently, you wouldn’t understand it’s too deep.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Obviously.

Mind if I take a peak at your crystal ball?
You are saying that this move is making us better in the future, where is your crystal ball? I have been right the past 7 years and almost every time I said something someone comes and attacks my views and they have done that for many years and eventually I turned out to be right but it continues. No need for a crystal ball it’s simply an educated analysis and projection of the future, I am incredible accurate at it.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You are saying that this move is making us better in the future, where is your crystal ball? I have been right the past 7 years and almost every time I said something someone comes and attacks my views and they have done that for many years and eventually I turned out to be right but it continues. No need for a crystal ball it’s simply an educated analysis and projection of the future, I am incredible accurate at it.
I've never seen someone jerk themselves off as hard as you do.

I can't predict the future but the Hawks got assets. Two 1st round picks. Before you complain about them being late picks, Chicago can use the 2024 1st to move up the 2023 1st.

If Raddysh and Katchouck can take the opportunity of a larger role in Chicago and run with it, they too can be flipped at next year's deadline for even more picks. Sure, that's an "if", but there's potential for this trade to pay even larger dividends.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Carter Verhaeghe wasn’t good enough to be bottom 6 in Tampa. How’s he doing now?
He was non tendered after winning the cup because he didn’t fit his bottom 6 role well enough.
think Marshessault was also buried on TB depth chart too some years ago

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
LOL... Yep. You're a legend in your own mind. We get it.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Love the trade for CHI. I've like Katchouk since his days with SSM in the OHL. Raddysh is fine too. The picks will be nice. The Lightning need to re-sign a bunch of players by the summer of 2023. They're not going to be able to keep them all. Stamkos, McDonagh and Hedman are already on the wrong side of 30. That pick in 2024 might be pretty decent. Obviously shouldn't be a lottery pick but could be mid-1st.

Reactions: clydesdale line

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Love the trade for CHI. I've like Katchouk since his days with SSM in the OHL. Raddysh is fine too. The picks will be nice. The Lightning need to re-sign a bunch of players by the summer of 2023. They're not going to be able to keep them all. Stamkos, McDonagh and Hedman are already on the wrong side of 30. That pick in 2024 might be pretty decent. Obviously shouldn't be a lottery pick but could be mid-1st.

My opinion of the trade is nabbing a 23 year old like Hagel with a chip on his shoulder who can put up quality depth points at a low cap hit is exactly the type of move a smart organization does to keep their cup window open. It's literally the opposite of throwing away picks at rentals/vets.

When the bolts aren't picking high they'll still have the type of young high energy forward they'd like to scoop up in the draft.

If they make another or a few more similar moves they'll be contending for a while. Kucherov and Vasilevskiy likely still have another quality 5 years in them. We'll get a decent pick(s) if we get lucky and they're a first round exit from a hungrier squad.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
My opinion of the trade is nabbing a 23 year old like Hagel with a chip on his shoulder who can put up quality depth points at a low cap hit is exactly the type of move a smart organization does to keep their cup window open. It's literally the opposite of throwing away picks at rentals/vets.

When the bolts aren't picking high they'll still have the type of young high energy forward they'd like to scoop up in the draft.

If they make another or a few more similar moves they'll be contending for a while. Kucherov and Vasilevskiy likely still have another quality 5 years in them. We'll get a decent pick(s) if we get lucky and they're a first round exit from a hungrier squad.

Oh it's a smart trade for TB. But reality is going to catch up to them. I'm not expecting them to fall off a cliff, but I don't think they're going to be a favourite to win the Cup in 2023-24. Relying on hitting with mid-to-late round picks isn't a great strategy and players like Hagel, on great RFA deals with term, aren't available very often. If they keep their 2022 1st, they'll have had one 1st round pick once between 2020-2024, assuming they don't acquire one. Everyone makes TB out to be some savvy drafting team but they really aren't. The most impactful player they've taken since 2015 is Cirelli. A great player, but they really haven't developed/produced anyone else since him for a while.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
I believe I’ve said this before but if not, Hagel just seems like that guy thats a clutch factor in the playoffs. Seems like the guy to score a SC clinching goal or maybe 2. I hope he proves me right. I’m gunna miss him and hate to see him go but this is good value and you have to take it at this point. I’d love to have kept him but the more I thought about it, it just didnt make sense. If he turns into mark stone it may sting a smidge more but hey stone and hagel were both 6th round picks, time for the scouts to get to work I guess.

Also I think its worth noting that none of these guys can lie about the rebuild being on, seemed like someone was in denial.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No points yet for Hagel after two games. Didn't get a SHG tonight even, but it's early into his tenure there.

Was browsing Tampa's most recent GDT, and one posted mentioned that in the last two months, the Bolts have only won 2 games against teams currently in playoff contention. They're winning against the teams they should be beating, but it should still be a bit worrying to not be winning against good teams.

We all know how fast contenders can start their descent into mediocrity, hopefully this is the first sign of that.

Reactions: ello

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad