Confirmed with Link: Hagel & two 4ths ('22 & '24) traded to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, & two 1sts ('23 & '24)

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Carter Verhaeghe wasn’t good enough to be bottom 6 in Tampa. How’s he doing now?
He was non tendered after winning the cup because he didn’t fit his bottom 6 role well enough.
Rolling the dice no doubt, but you never know when a player is going to figure it out.

Duclair and Hartman got booted off multiple teams before getting it together. It’s just the way it is sometimes.

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
Carter Verhaeghe wasn’t good enough to be bottom 6 in Tampa. How’s he doing now?
He was non tendered after winning the cup because he didn’t fit his bottom 6 role well enough.

Verhaeghe was always good enough in Tampa. He was a casualty of the cap. Just like JT Miller

Reactions: Zwui21

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Thanks for the insight.

As for Hagel, he'll be an instant fan favourite. He's never once taken a shift off. He constantly motors at 110% and can out-hustle anyone in the league. Even if he's not scoring, he's a huge asset on both ends of the ice.

Genuinely hope he wins a Cup (or 3) with Tampa.
The fact these are protected 1st sucks and dampens enthusiasm for trade

Still good value for Hawks just think the protections shouldn't have been agreed to by new Davidson
I’ve thought about this a bit.
I waited from 1969 (born in 63) to 2010 for the Hawks to win a cup.
I can’t see the Lightning in total decline next year but taking their ages combined with the strength that division into account the pick could be 16 to 24 in a said to be “deep draft” rather than likely 28 to 32 in a weak draft.
The 2nd 1st rounder is anyones guess. In 2022 that is not a young roster. Actually the majority of their top talent are on the back end of their prime. By the spring of 2024 what do they look like?

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Verhaeghe was always good enough in Tampa. He was a casualty of the cap. Just like JT Miller
You may not know but I actually live down here. Was a full STH (when I lived in Pinellas) and 1/4 yr (with 3 others) when I moved across the state.
HOWEVER for the humor of it.

Please explain to these Blackhawk fans how a guy making 1 million a year was a cap casualty.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Toews' comments come off terrible when he's the single biggest reason this team cratered. Not his fault and I'm not blaming him, but Jesus dude read the f***ing room.
He's been very pouty for a while now. And then his reaction to the allegations... I haven't been impressed with him lately. Every time he opens his mouth, he says the wrong thing.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I dont wanna bother to go back 13 pages and see what most thinking about TRaddysh but
Hawks get an amazing player, just couldn't get proper role from Tampa.

My dream come true, ive been the spoke person for Raddysh past 2 years, at least
and now .... tears.....happy tears

Reactions: Space umpire

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
While I wish Toews would be more diplomatic. I’d bet money that his brains are scrambled and he just can’t control it.
I have no issue with his salary. I’m 59, I’ve now seen 3 cup winners. No question in my mind Toews gave everything of himself to make that happen.
So he plays next year (or not) then on the last home game we give him a new stereo and a rocking chair.
I’d fly up to be part of that standing O.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Toews' comments come off terrible when he's the single biggest reason this team cratered. Not his fault and I'm not blaming him, but Jesus dude read the f***ing room.

"he's the single biggest reason this team cratered. Not his fault and I'm not blaming him," Make up your mind. It sounds like you are blaming him.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah god forbid Toews shares his honest opinion. He should be a self sacrificing robot for the fans obviously.
Umm, that's how Team Toews has always groomed him to be, Captain Serious and have all the intangibles. Now it comes off as sour grapes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad