Post-Game Talk: Habs win in anime town with Zero Two and Kermit in attendance.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Good solid win but Habs need to break up that Suzuki line,ca marche pas! Try switching KK in that role.

Make a package and go get an excellent RD. Come on MB,you know you have to!

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Only in Montreal eh...
Frustrating..................the team is only as good as it's weakest link...
Waiting for the ya but he is getting a ton of assists gang to appear.

Yay! thought he was suppose to score,package him!

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Drouin is not losing anything, he will continue to get top-line minutes and be put in every possible position to succeed and it won't matter how bad he is in just about every aspect of an NHL game.
so you noticed it too ?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I mean he does have 21pts.....it’s not catastrophic by any means lol

But 2 goals is a little sad.....the guy should be potting 18-24 goals a year to go along with 50+ assists.....alas
yes and lots of those assists were when sukuzi and anderson we lighting it up and he was ( surprise surprise) doing nothing but parasitizing his linemates by racking up the secondary assists for touch a puck and letting his teamates do all of the rest of the work.

and when you bring this up, the apologists will bray how he's trying so hard this year and that he's been good defensively.

you know, lies.

Reactions: OldCraig71

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
So, we are 8-3-5 under the new coach? 21 out of 32 pts
The team has responded to DD vs Clod...
How can they not, we replace a fraude dino by a top young mind.
I said it before , during change and after change

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
The Drouin criticisms seem harsh. He’s hustling, engaged in the play, not simply a passenger on his line.

The trouble i see with him is that, offensively, he’s always ad-libbing. Going off script. It’s hard to be on the same page as skilled linemates when you aren’t following the script. Just watch ... Staal will come in and, right away, show some chemistry with a skilled line mate. They’ll know how to feed off each other. JD doesn’t have those instincts.

I’d like to see JD used on a line that’s lacking talent. An infusion of skill on a line that keeps things simple. Perhaps he could elevate their game in the offensive zone in a way he doesn’t on the top line.

Reactions: gillyguzzler

Palaxos

Oct 3, 2019
Good solid win but Habs need to break up that Suzuki line,ca marche pas! Try switching KK in that role.

Make a package and go get an excellent RD. Come on MB,you know you have to!
I would just sit him a few games when staal gets here. He's young, he'll bounce back, not an issue.

Reactions: angusyoung

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Drouin criticisms seem harsh. He’s hustling, engaged in the play, not simply a passenger on his line.

The trouble i see with him is that, offensively, he’s always ad-libbing. Going off script. It’s hard to be on the same page as skilled linemates when you aren’t following the script. Just watch ... Staal will come in and, right away, show some chemistry with a skilled line mate. They’ll know how to feed off each other. JD doesn’t have those instincts.

I’d like to see JD used on a line that’s lacking talent. An infusion of skill on a line that keeps things simple. Perhaps he could elevate their game in the offensive zone in a way he doesn’t on the top line.
That would be the 4th line?
If not there, the press box is fine with me.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
The amount of games coming up, I think everyone should take a seat now and then. Play 3 out of 4 games per week. We have the depth to do it and unless CGY or VAN go on incredible runs, we are near a lock for playoffs.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Drouin doesn't fit anywhere.. he's not nearly dialed in enough offensively as far as zone entries to be the primary puck carrier.. he isn't a threat to score, so he's one dimensional offensively.. and his defense is so bad that you can't use him a lot of places.. like you can't put Drouin with KK and Caufield because the line would cause KK to have to do all the defensive heavy lifting and put stress on Caufield to play more defensively to make up for Drouin.

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Maybe it's you? lol
All jokes aside, please watch him, actually watch him, and not the play or the puck but watch the player.
You will be unpleasantly surprised.
He has not been good, I have encountered butter in July that isn't that soft.
It's crazy when you look at him closely he's the only player in the lineup that's not pushing in the same direction as the rest. He may be pushing, but it's pretty much useless since he's on a different page than his linemates. Not enough to work hard, you gotta work smart too. You can see all lines have set plays how to attack and play in the attacking zone and he comes on and it's make it up as we go along. He needs to be off that line so Suzuki and Anderson can get to business.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Drouin is not losing anything, he will continue to get top-line minutes and be put in every possible position to succeed and it won't matter how bad he is in just about every aspect of an NHL game.
Drouin's spot is where I think Staal should go. He could take some draws on that line and help them get possession a bit more often. Id actually like to see Staal-Suzuki-Toffoli when healthy.

I just don't see Drouin playing winning hockey against tough competition.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Drouin's spot is where I think Staal should go. He could take some draws on that line and help them get possession a bit more often. Id actually like to see Staal-Suzuki-Toffoli when healthy.

This team could beat Buffalo for the worst losing streak of the season and Drouin's spot is still safe.

Reactions: Unclewhalebone

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe it's you? lol
All jokes aside, please watch him, actually watch him, and not the play or the puck but watch the player.
You will be unpleasantly surprised.
He has not been good, I have encountered butter in July that isn't that soft.

He's been meh the last 2 games, but was playing much better before the covid break.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Just where do you put him

His defense is so bad and the only thing he can do is pass and most of his production is secondary assists.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
One player id love the Habs to get their hands on is Forsberg. Drouin, Guhle, Ylonen, and a 2nd would probably be the asking price though. Drouin just can't hack it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad