Post-Game Talk: Habs win in anime town with Zero Two and Kermit in attendance.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'M beginning to think that he did something to you personally.
What?
Being butter soft on the boards, a defensive abomination and variable effort isn't enough?

Perhaps you might ask what favors he did for some of the people who persistently defend him with lies and revisionist history.

It's no secret I have never liked him as a player or as a hab. What grinds my gears is how he plays literally does not matter, he STILL gets 1st line minutes and PP time.

People ONTHESE boards were giving danault the Gomez treatment when he was in a dry spell.

Who has been better this year? Danault ( hot and cold) or drouin ( cold and colder)? Yet when you point out this objective fact, his apologists will deny it and refute it with lies.

It's as infuriating as watching that lazy midget play.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
What kind of production do you expect from 5,5mil ? 50pts a season is about right. Gallagher will be paid 6,5mil for that kind of production... Let's not talk about Anderson... Drouin produces exactly like he's paid. Of course, he's so talented so we would like him to get to the next level, but he won't.

Habs don't have a 8mil+ star forward and it shows... We prefer goalies and defencemen... Look at how it turn out for the last 25 years. Time to rebuild from Top to bottom.
He's so talented?
This isn't junior anymore Skippy.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
What?
Being butter soft on the boards, a defensive abomination and variable effort isn't enough?

Perhaps you might ask what favors he did for some of the people who persistently defend him with lies and revisionist history.

It's no secret I have never liked him as a player or as a hab. What grinds my gears is how he plays literally does not matter, he STILL gets 1st line minutes and PP time.

People ONTHESE boards were giving danault the Gomez treatment when he was in a dry spell.

Who has been better this year? Danault ( hot and cold) or drouin ( cold and colder)? Yet when you point out this objective fact, his apologists will deny it and refute it with lies.

It's as infuriating as watching that lazy midget play.

I've seen worst players on this squad. It just seems that you only pick on him. While guys like Tatar were floating around early on. All I see from you is posts that rag on Drouin. Maybe I misread them. My bad then.

Drouin is drouin. He's never going to be different. I think this market is not for him. He never asked to be here. And it's not his 'thing'. He's not lazy. It's his style. Not all players work like 11. Laziness is very subjective word. He thinks the game differently than what you wish for him to be.

Anyway, I can see him being traded this summer, for help at the blue line.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
YOU are the one who talked about Gally and Drouin.............apples and oranges.
Go back and read your post.
You said Gally produced like a 6M dollar player, when in fact he prduced 30 goals for 3.75M shattering your excuses for Drouin.
Corry Perry has less TOI than Drouin and has 7 goals. Speaking of production.... Drouin has been a perimeter pansy his whole career. Perimeter assists is his specialty. Hopefully Seattle takes him off our hands.
Im not even happy with gallys contract because he WON'T live up to it. (6 years starting next season) Like you mentioned Drouin signed that contract 4 years ago when gally was signed at 3.75 (and earning 2.75 that year). And what they bring to the table is entirely different. People want to throw Tatar under the bus (best points since DD is coach) and he is 4.8 million. But he actually scores. Not just assists. 50 points is fine if you are getting some goals, but if its assists you are more dependent on your linemates. No one is complaining, currently, about danault because he remembered his head from his ass finally. And he does lots away from the puck. Drouin needs to start scoring a tiny bit more, maybe finish the season with 6 goals

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7 and sandysan

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I've seen worst players on this squad. It just seems that you only pick on him. While guys like Tatar were floating around early on. All I see from you is posts that rag on Drouin. Maybe I misread them. My bad then.

Drouin is drouin. He's never going to be different. I think this market is not for him. He never asked to be here. And it's not his 'thing'. He's not lazy. It's his style. Not all players work like 11. Laziness is very subjective word. He thinks the game differently than what you wish for him to be.

You have seen worse players on the habs?
Worse players that their spot is safe no matter how badly they play?

Who ARE these players.

And standing around without the puck and only showing effort with the puck ( until he makes a bad decision) you are right that isn't lazy.

It's lazy and stupid.

He STILL plays like it's Halifax. Just accepting that by replying " he is what he is" is ONCE again a refusal to hold him AND only him to any modicum of responsibility. You are enabling his half-assery by insulting ( or others straight out saying it) that his performance is not under his control and is always someone else's fault.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You have seen worse players on the habs?
Worse players that their spot is safe no matter how badly they play?

Who ARE these players.

And standing around without the puck and only showing effort with the puck ( until he makes a bad decision) you are right that isn't lazy.

It's lazy and stupid.

He STILL plays like it's Halifax. Just accepting that by replying " he is what he is" is ONCE again a refusal to hold him AND only him to any modicum of responsibility. You are enabling his half-assery by insulting ( or others straight out saying it) that his performance is not under his control and is always someone else's fault.
It's hockey. He's not running the army here. So I don't get riled up abput a player. I've seen much worse over the years, yes. Cheaters? A plenty. He will be dealt with this summer, I suspect. Unless he goes nuts from here to June.

Reactions: Rapala

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

Traded for whom?
We couldn't get Tinordi back for drouin currently and I appreciate your GameStop enthusiasm but you can't get better by shorting drouin.

His value now, is poor. What is worse is that it's getting worse.

If we put his ass in the pressbox, ONCE, one of two things happens. He sulks or it lights a fire. As his play right now is indistinguishable from him playing like a sulky malcontent, what is the downside of holding him accountable for the first time as a hab?

A fear he will demand a trade? Who else ( besides moral) is looking for a non scoring defensive liability with attitude problems?

The answer is no one.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
It's hockey. He's not running the army here. So I don't get riled up abput a player. I've seen much worse over the years, yes. Cheaters? A plenty. He will be dealt with this summer, I suspect. Unless he goes nuts from here to June.
You have seen plenty? Great.
Name one.
Name one has who stayed on the first line despite bringing nothing to the team.

Name one player who when not producing still floats around knowing that the team will never hold them accountable.

I can wait

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Drouin should come off the PP fairly soon........we will be adding Toffolli and Staal, and possibly CC.
JD has got some assists this season, but I am not seeing much else, I know that's not a popular opinion, but to me he has not done much to deserve praise this year.
He has been 5 on 5 passenger, and is part of the Suzuki and Anderson struggles, at least they both hit people when not doing anything else....
Flame away...

He's definitely one of the pieces that just never fits anywhere no matter what we do.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You have seen plenty? Great.
Name one.
Name one has who stayed on the first line despite bringing nothing to the team.

Name one player who when not producing still floats around knowing that the team will never hold them accountable.

I can wait
Desharnais wasn't all that long ago unless you have a very very selective memory.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Ozmodiar

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He doesn't have Petry's wrister or absolute rocket of a slapper. He doesn't have his passing skills either. The issue is he only seems to work well with Petry.

When Petry was with Edmundson he was putting up all kinds of points because Eddy stayed back. Petry has to be the defensive guy with Kulak & it hurts his own offense.

I like Kulak, but he needs to be a whole lot more consistent.

We'll need him next year too if we lose one of Ed/Chiarot to Seattle.

We are going to lose Allen AINEC...
Unless

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Also on the cycle, but Drouin and Suzuki don't cycle that well. He played really well with KK because of that.

Very good point which is exactly why Suzuki and Drouin should never be paired. Both need to be fed pucks in open areas to work their magic. Anderson isn't necessarily the guy that can do that either but give Suzuki Toffoli and Anderson and the dynamic changes immediately. Not to mention Toffoli is exponentially better defensively that Drouin which will allow Suzuki to be more offensive minded than he currently is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad