Habs win! Budaj gets the shutout!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I understand why people hate Budaj because he's not easy to watch, especially when you are used to Price, but he's really not bad. Unless you produce one, you aren't going to get an above average goalie to play cheap backup for a workhorse like Price.

As I said before, I'd take Budaj over Auld easily.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I understand why people hate Budaj because he's not easy to watch, especially when you are used to Price, but he's really not bad. Unless you produce one, you aren't going to get an above average goalie to play cheap backup for a workhorse like Price.

As I said before, I'd take Budaj over Auld easily.

anybody that ***** on budaj needs to adjust their lenses. guy's been good/fine/least of our worries

Yozzy

Feb 19, 2012
Unrelated.

Tweet from John Lu:

#Habs Prust says he'll put "low 4 figures" on the table Tuesday night against NYR, his ex-team. "You can't get away with less than that."

What's this mean?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Because he's invisible when needed.
Toronto
Boston
ect.....

I'd move him in a deal for ROR from Colorado. Desharnais, Beaulieu and a 1st for ROR and a 3rd
I hope Bergevin is working on it.
To have Plekanec, ROR, Galchenyuk and Eller down the middle would be sweeeeet!
I doubt that package gets RoR.

It would probably be Eller + Tinordi + 1st.

Eller is a waste as the 4th line centre.

And his career stats against Boston are some of the best on this team.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Really happy for Budaj. How many people thought we'd come out of a back-to-back starting Budaj both times only allowing 1 goal? No one, especially not me. Granted, we've done a great job limiting chances at the net but still, considering his two disastrous starts earlier this year, I'm happy for him.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Unrelated.

Tweet from John Lu:

#Habs Prust says he'll put "low 4 figures" on the table Tuesday night against NYR, his ex-team. "You can't get away with less than that."

What's this mean?

Money for whoever scores the winning goal against the Rangers.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Unrelated.

Tweet from John Lu:

What's this mean?

thousand bucks for whoever scores the game winner?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Unrelated.

Tweet from John Lu:

What's this mean?

A couple grand for whoever gets the GWG, most likely.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Unrelated.

Tweet from John Lu:

What's this mean?
It means he'll probably foot the bill for a $2,500 night out for the boys.

Basically a wager to get the boys motivated to beat his old team.

Really happy for Budaj. How many people thought we'd come out of a back-to-back starting Budaj both times only allowing 1 goal? No one, especially not me. Granted, we've done a great job limiting chances at the net but still, considering his two disastrous starts earlier this year, I'm happy for him.
It doesn't really shock me. The guy posted a .913 SV% last season.. that's better than a lot of team's starting goaltenders.

leopod

Apr 6, 2011
Why does it take so long for nhl.com to update the standings when ch get in front of boston, while it took them only 2 minutes after boston's win on sunday to put them back on top? Just sayin...so happy I don't even care. #ghg

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I'm freaking happy for Peter Budaj.
Guy has never complained, knows his role, works his ass off at practice and judging from 24CH he looks like a big team player.

Glad the effort paid off for today!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
On a completely different note;

Only Boston and Ottawa have given up less goals than us in the Eastern Conference.

We're one point behind New Jersey and Pittsburgh for the Eastern Conference lead.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
so if that's you after a win, if we would have lost, you'd be slitting your wrists yeah?

lol......exactly what I would be doing....:shakehead

Put this in perspective.....

Montreal beat
Florida x 2
TB
Buffalo
Ottawa
Winnipeg
NJ (OT)
Carolina
Philadelphia
Washington

Not exactly the cream of the crop there......

They lost to teams that get physical with them....

Buffalo in PS (as soon as Buffalo got physical the game changed)
Boston
Toronto x 2
Ottawa

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Agreed Bourque and Pleks have been awesome,
I'd be happy if Montreal could unload both Desharnais and Gionta

I was pretty disappointed with Desharnais this season, but he's been solid the last couple of games for us. The Captain on the other hand...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
lol......exactly what I would be doing....:shakehead

Put this in perspective.....

Montreal beat
Florida x 2
TB
Buffalo
Ottawa
Winnipeg
NJ (OT)
Carolina
Philadelphia
Washington

Not exactly the cream of the crop there......

They lost to teams that get physical with them....

Buffalo in PS (as soon as Buffalo got physical the game changed)
Boston
Toronto x 2
Ottawa
The two games against Toronto, we were really bad.

The Ottawa game we lost because of White and I believe the Buffalo one as well.

Boston was a good game and we just couldn't beat Rask. I felt we outplayed them.

TheBabysitter*

Why does it take so long for nhl.com to update the standings when ch get in front of boston, while it took them only 2 minutes after boston's win on sunday to put them back on top? Just sayin...so happy I don't even care. #ghg

Updated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad