Habs win! Budaj gets the shutout!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Glad Budaj can shut up his haters for a bit, not surprising that it took him a couple of games to get into game shape after not playing for 9 months. Yet some people wanted him gone after one game...

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I hate on him as much as any. He's been better than Gionta, that's it pretty much. We're getting dragged this season by Bourque and Pleks, even if it doesn't always show on the scoresheet.

Agreed Bourque and Pleks have been awesome,
I'd be happy if Montreal could unload both Desharnais and Gionta

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What about DESHARNAIS! Why this guy gets a free pass is beyond me.
1 point, +1, 58% faceoffs.. he was solid. He set up Cole a bunch of times and Pacioretty as well. He also got robbed by Ward. Not sure why there's hate on him lately, he's been solid for a couple weeks now.

Anyway, Eller was gold tonight and Galchenyuk played his best game in weeks.

Budaj was fantastic. They didn't get many shots, but they had some good chances and he stoned them.

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
PRUST has given this TEAM some NUTS .....like his 5:5 play - love his PK skills - love his toughness and LOVE his TEAM mentality!! GREAT addition = worth every cent! HABS building CLIMATE on the TEAM / ROOM!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
One junky goal in two starts. Can we stop saying Budaj's garbage yet?
Same thing happened last year he started out not so good but got better as the season
Went on.

I swear when some people get an opinion in their heads no amount of actual proof will change it.

Mostly a case of a few posters panicking...

Look at the goals in the Buffalo and Ottawa games, quite a few of them were deflected or horrible play by the defense. There were a couple he would have wanted back, but those were basically his "preseason" games given the short camp.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Who would have thought a week ago that Budaj would only allow 1 goal in back-to-back games? Certainly not me :laugh: It's crazy how much of a difference a team effort can do when it comes to playing a solid defensive game in front of their back-up goalie. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we played good but we didn't dominate the Canes tonight and if it wasn't for Budaj shutting the door late in the second period when it was getting real ugly in our zone, it could have easily turned into a different game here. This game was very similar to the one against the Panthers last week, both team didn't have a whole lot of chances and played real conservative. If it wouldn't have been for Ward feeling like Santa Claus on the goals scored by Pacioretty and Plekanec, it would have been an identical score on top of an identical game to last week's. Moen was rock solid tonight on the PK, you can't do a better job than that. Lars Eller was good at winning his battles and Galchenyuk is gaining a ton of confidence with the puck every game. Anyway I thought the 1st line was relatively quiet tonight, it seems that other coaches on putting a lot of focus on them. The Desharnais line was pretty quiet tonight too, I don't know how the hell people gave a star to Pacioretty.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
although it's a small sample size, hasn't our road game been better then home? :S

Still, it's hard to win constantly on the road. If the Habs can hover around .500 on the road then you can get excited because home ice has been a major advantage so far (aside from the 2 Leafs games).

Analyzer*

Budaj did great. Really deserved the shutout.

We got a 2 lucky breaks. Good teams create lucky breaks.

Was a pretty good game.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Who's happy? I'm ****ing happy!!! I am really happy! This team is playing solid hockey, getting the wins and our D looks solid out there. I can't wait to get Gallagher back.

Surprised by this team so far this season. Price should get the start tomorrow.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Powerhouse division is the NE. Leafs, Bruins (Sens if Karlsson would not be out)... Real challenges will be against them...

Habtchum*

This was a great defensive game on the heels of a great defensive game. How anyone can be anything but happy after tonight is nuts. No negatives for tonight unless you are nitpicking.

You're darn right.

WHY ?

Just because some folks here love to crap on some specific players and don' t care about the team as a whole.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Man Prust keeps on getting better and better. Love what this guy brings and he was worth every penny of 2.5M per year

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
1 point, +1, 58% faceoffs.. he was solid. He set up Cole a bunch of times and Pacioretty as well. He also got robbed by Ward. Not sure why there's hate on him lately, he's been solid for a couple weeks now.

Anyway, Eller was gold tonight and Galchenyuk played his best game in weeks.

Budaj was fantastic. They didn't get many shots, but they had some good chances and he stoned them.

Because he's invisible when needed.
Toronto
Boston
ect.....

I'd move him in a deal for ROR from Colorado. Desharnais, Beaulieu and a 1st for ROR and a 3rd
I hope Bergevin is working on it.
To have Plekanec, ROR, Galchenyuk and Eller down the middle would be sweeeeet!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->