Habs win! Budaj gets the shutout!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm so happy Martin isn't the coach anymore. I don't know if the habs will keep this up but I couldn't stand Martin's passive teams. Finally real hockey again.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Because he's invisible when needed.
Toronto
Boston
ect.....

I'd move him in a deal for ROR from Colorado. Desharnais, Beaulieu and a 1st for ROR and a 3rd
I hope Bergevin is working on it.
To have Plekanec, ROR, Galchenyuk and Eller down the middle would be sweeeeet!

LARGE
LARGE
LARGE

overpayment.

Apr 28, 2010
I'm pretty sure that the money put on the board is the amount of money Prust will give to the guy who gets the game winning goal if the Habs win.

I remember reading that Gomez put a **** load of money in his game vs the rangers as a hab, and when Cammy scored in OT to win it.

I don't think this it true. I think it's on the table for any teammate that gets the GWG.

Oh, I wasnt sure anyway. thats actually better. push the guys to win it for prusty!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
ROR is still young (I think 23) Is a big skilled C who can put up 65 -70 points.
He instantly makes Montreal tougher to play against...and can play wing as well.
He brings a physical dimension to the Habs that Desharnais can't.....

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Pacioretty ROR Cole
Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Eller White
Armstrong

MB would never get him signed as hes coming off his elc and it would be bad for him to give him a long term deal after all the crap with subban

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Please don't be ambiguous. Seems to me you are secretly rooting for me to do it, but have to keep face.

No, seriously. I've gone into threads started by some of us and told them never to do it again or I'd tell mom! Not my fault if they don't listen. Mom's a *****.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Noooooooooooo:rant::shakehead

What not to do if your a Habs fan! Start threads to compete with Leafs fans on the main board...:rant: A quick glimpse of the most recent threads:

-Ben Scrivens First NHL Shutout ‎
-Meet Leo Komarov
-If the Leafs Win the Cup, Does Burke Get the Credit?

If you can't help starting a Habs thread, don't even go on the main board.:rant:

Edit: A new thread just created while I wrote up this post...

-Leafs quietly becoming toughest team in league? What brian burke wanted but didnt?

Last edited:

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
ROR is still young (I think 23) Is a big skilled C who can put up 65 -70 points.
He instantly makes Montreal tougher to play against...and can play wing as well.
He brings a physical dimension to the Habs that Desharnais can't.....

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Pacioretty ROR Cole
Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Eller White
Armstrong

Jesus Christ stop polluting this PGT with your DD hate.
Get a life or post in the dedicated DD hate thread

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm not gonna lie, I think I'd pull the trigger on that proposal made by MAts NAslund (is your keyboard broken? I always wondered lol). Desharnais is too weak physically to compete. Beaulieu is not necessarily expandable but I'd rather trade him than Tinordi. Having ROR on this team would give us Boston type of depth down the middle for YEARS. Plekanec = Krejci, ROR = Bergeron poor man, Seguin = Gally in 1-2 years and Eller = Peverley/Kelly. Think about it guys

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
props to all the board comedians tonight who had a lot of time:laugh: to practice their material

team's playing extremely well. lots of compete. therrien has them structured and intense. Gotta think Bergevin might be looking to make a few moves going forward. all the top 8 teams in the East have holes.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
LARGE
LARGE
LARGE

overpayment.

I don't think so....

ROR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Desharnais
1st and Beaulieu balance that out plus Montreal would be getting a third back.

The first being given up by Montreal would in the 20-25 Range as it stands today and would only get lower with ROR in the lineup for Montreal.

Don't forget ROR was a 1st rounder himself. He's a perfect fit for Montreal.
Young, big and plays big and puts points on the board.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't think so....

ROR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Desharnais
1st and Beaulieu balance that out plus Montreal would be getting a third back.

The first being given up by Montreal would in the 20-25 Range as it stands today and would only get lower with ROR in the lineup for Montreal.

Don't forget ROR was a 1st rounder himself. He's a perfect fit for Montreal.
Young, big and plays big and puts points on the board.
Well to be fair, ROR is only 6' tall and he was a 2nd rounder. ;)

Leo Getz

Sep 4, 2007
Yea some of them are bad, but thankfully the Leafs threads take some heat off of us.

Reimer for Vezina, Kadri a top 10 C, etc.

Don't you mean Scrivens for Vezina? Damn I wish I had two top 10 goalies like they do.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I'm not gonna lie, I think I'd pull the trigger on that proposal made by MAts NAslund (is your keyboard broken? I always wondered lol). Desharnais is too weak physically to compete. Beaulieu is not necessarily expandable but I'd rather trade him than Tinordi. Having ROR on this team would give us Boston type of depth down the middle for YEARS. Plekanec = Krejci, ROR = Bergeron poor man, Seguin = Gally in 1-2 years and Eller = Peverley/Kelly. Think about it guys

He also threw in our 1st in there in exchange for a 3rd...so no thanks.

COL apparently doesn't want an offensive center in the deal anyway. I believe their beat writer Dater tweeted it a few days ago.

This was his tweet: https://twitter.com/adater/status/302962513606238208

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

LOL.....After I created that account it wouldn't let me go back and fix it. So I just kept it that way.

Finally someone is listening to reason...
We have to many Desharnais type guys on the team already and a few coming like Kristo and Dumont.

If Montreal can move Desharnais 1st and Beaulieu for ROR that would a steal in my eyes

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
LOL.....After I created that account it wouldn't let me go back and fix it. So I just kept it that way.

Finally someone is listening to reason...
We have to many Desharnais type guys on the team already and a few coming like Kristo and Dumont.

If Montreal can move Desharnais 1st and Beaulieu for ROR that would a steal in my eyes

Because he's invisible when needed.
Toronto
Boston
ect.....

I'd move him in a deal for ROR from Colorado. Desharnais, Beaulieu and a 1st for ROR and a 3rd
I hope Bergevin is working on it.
To have Plekanec, ROR, Galchenyuk and Eller down the middle would be sweeeeet!

DD has 9 pts in 12 games (+ 3) in his career against Boston.

Haters gonna hate... :naughty:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Montreal was badly outplayed in the Ottawa game as well....
While Montreal faired well vs Boston (they always do) once it comes to crunch time guys like Desharnais are ineffective.

Montreal can't and won't win in the playoffs with Desharnais Plekanec Gionta and Gallagher in the top 6.

Between Desharnais and Plekanec it's a no brainer I keep Plekanec
Between Gallagher and Gionta again for me it's a no brainer I keep Gallagher

That's why I try and trade for a guy like ROR and use Beaulieu Desharnais and a 1st as barganiing chips.

That added size (especially down the middle) will be invaluable come playoff time.
And you're going to have to add a lot to that package to make Colorado bite, IMO. Tinordi is a must, as far as I'm concerned.

If we're getting O'Reilly, my guess is Eller+1st+Tinordi. Yuck.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
He also threw in our 1st in there in exchange for a 3rd...so no thanks.

COL apparently doesn't want an offensive center in the deal anyway. I believe their beat writer Dater tweeted it a few days ago.

If we keep this success, our draft pick would be early 20s to late 20s. We could just trade two our 2nd round picks to get a 1st if there's player still on board that Timmins' wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->