Post-Game Talk: Habs tubthump Canucks - 7-3 (Horvat x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Imagine taking 3 FRANKING MINORS in a game plus that cheap shot.

like just handcapping your team for 10% of the game because they are short handed for that at least.

like Eriksson was just invisible which can somewhat deal with.
Myers actively works against the team.
Cheap shot ?

Reactions: Ozone

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
can we buyout myers?

$888,889 for the next 6 years. Plus 5 million dollar signing bonus this year and again in 2023.

Screenshot_20210121-214221_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozone

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Imagine if we traded Horvat like many here wanted to do last year?

We'd have no one scoring goals.

That's my captain for a reason.

I said a year or so ago in a redraft of the 2013 draft, I might take Monahan before Horvat and I'm ashamed and embarrassed of that take. I completely take it back.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
that was just a train wreck of bad. i mean i understand the excuses with the young defence but there was a lot more wrong than that.

that is now four out of six games being horrendous demoralizing losses. tick tock.
Other than Rafferty in the 1st..I thought the young D guys played ok....but yeah, there was a lot more wrong than that.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If anything else, this season is showing us how last year absolutely everything broke our way, including a once in a century pandemic to get us into the playoff picture.

If the result of everything breaking your way is getting shelled defensively while being buoyed by 1. Vezina calibre goaltending or 2. 3 games of other worldly .980sv% performances from Demko, then the whiplash is going to hit hard when you remove multiple key contributors to those teams that found the first sliver of success in five years and don't build on that team.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Less upset about this game than the previous couple because the defense we had to dress tonight was so laughable.

But on the other hand, pretty much every team every year will have multiple stretches with 2 defenders injured and when your depth is this terrible, it's on management.

Horvat is a bright spot so far but not much else.

All of this was so, so predictable.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
"Guys are disappointed in themselves, and they should be. We know we can be better. We aren't going to use injuries as an excuse, we need to be better and we will be. As for the Myers hit, I didn't see a replay yet. It looked like he was trying to get him in the shoulder and hes a tall guy, so I'm not sure exactly where he got him. Petey is squeezing the stick right now, and he just needs to work thru it. He's a pro, and he knows what he needs to do. Guys like him are competative and they are their own worst critic. He will be better"

Coach TG
Team is bleeding goals,,Green needs to be fired asap..just pathetic..

Reactions: victoriacanucker

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
that was just a train wreck of bad. i mean i understand the excuses with the young defence but there was a lot more wrong than that.

that is now four out of six games being horrendous demoralizing losses. tick tock.

Stop being so pessimistic! This is just a mere step back. Nothing shocking about this reboot. Nope. Just a wee little step back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I want to be patient and supportive of the struggling youngsters but it’s easier said than done.
It’s a playoff style format this regular season. Top end guys will get extra attention. Reality of the division only format.

Regardless it’s good experience for them to play the same team over and over to prepare themselves for future playoffs. Can you win 2/3 in the sets.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
That game was a new low ...

And with no Tanman or Marky to turn to for advice..

And every veteran shitting the bed HAAAARD..

Bo... JT... y'all gotta rally the troops.

This one hurt.

Reactions: mossey3535

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Not going to lie. Seeing Toffoli make us his bitch sucks knowing we could and should have kept him. The only hope is it wakes up management to how bad Benning is.

As for the game itself. Myers continues to be a giant disappointment. How do you take such a boneheaded penalty when we're down 6-3? I'm worried about Petey. Just 1 assist is dreadful. Demko has also looked remarkably average. Granted, team defense hasn't exactly helped

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Other than Rafferty in the 1st..I thought the young D guys played ok....but yeah, there was a lot more wrong than that.

i thought that even when they weren't hurting us they were still reacting nit initiating, which took us out of the game most of the night. but yeah, not exactly my focus.

these losses are like what happened the year messier killed the team.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
F = Myers Chatfield Rafferty Gaudette
C- = Virtanen Demko Schmidt Hughes Beagle Pearson Roussel Pettersson

C = Sutter Motte Hoglander Miller Boeser Juolevi
C+ = Horvat

12 players who should be ashamed of how they played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad