Post-Game Talk: Habs tubthump Canucks - 7-3 (Horvat x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
2EmPVbK.png

Reactions: Starships

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
"Guys are disappointed in themselves, and they should be. We know we can be better. We aren't going to use injuries as an excuse, we need to be better and we will be. As for the Myers hit, I didn't see a replay yet. It looked like he was trying to get him in the shoulder and hes a tall guy, so I'm not sure exactly where he got him. Petey is squeezing the stick right now, and he just needs to work thru it. He's a pro, and he knows what he needs to do. Guys like him are competative and they are their own worst critic. He will be better"

Coach TG

Reactions: wonton15

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That Myers hit was barely a tap. Can’t hit at all in this league any more.

No, you can’t - but it’s the same playing field for everyone, and by today’s standards, that’s a blatant headshot and a terribly stupid play by Myers, who’s just taken himself out of the lineup too - not that he was going great, but I feel bad for the poor kids who are going to try and play defense on Saturday night in his place.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Never really thought he was nearly as good as people thought he was. His mechanics always kind of stunk. (you can search my posts to confirm). Don't think hes every going to be a #1 NHL goalie truthfully

You know I read your posts Johnny.

I still think he has an enormous ceiling. I predicted this would be his third year of development minimum three seasons ago.

Actually I would say his overall mechanics have improved. But he is lazy in many parts of the game. I know I complain about his abuse of post integration (where he is on his knees against the post) a lot but that's just the most visible sign of his lack of attention to detail.

As I said earlier, both Holtby and Demko have not been tracking particularly well so far this season, and that's the one skill that can mask everything else.

And of course, good D also masks deficiencies but we definitely have been missing that.

Reactions: Ginger Papa and m9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad