Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Daniel Briere to a 2 year, $8M deal WITH NTC/NMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
Briere was instrumental in making Giroux the player he is today. He took him into his home with his wife and kids.

I have no doubts that Briere will touch our young kids the way he's touched the kids in Philly.
if thats the case, why didn't the habs get giroux instead?

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
That's just it. The return from Desharnais would be having him off our roster and the extra cap space plus a pick or prospect or something.

DD has a $3.5M cap while Briere is $4M... and I'll bet dollars to donuts that Desharnais outproduces Briere next year. Trading DD will not land us much either so again, what was the point of this signing?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't know how many times he used it. Every chance he gets sounds a bit exaggerated. But what does it matter? How do you know 'character' means only small guys?

Because he hasn't brought in anyone over 5'10 in his last 2 moves?

Raskolnikov76

Jan 14, 2003
Los Altos
www.modesys.com
in the last playoffs, maybe clutch Brière scores a few goals and we get passed Ottawa. We gave no one in return and the contract is good. Why be upset, really?

yeah we're small but that it is still fixable.

I think Desharnais is the obvious man out but it could also be Gionta, or Plekanec if we can get a big 1st line center in return.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Briere when healthy is certainly faster than Ryder, but if we need to have a one dimensional scorer, I'd rather have the guy who played a big part in our season than a 36 year old who was an injury prone mess last year.
Briere is a PPG playoff player.... Ryder is an airplane maker during playoffs

PricePkPatch*

Man.. it's going to take me a while before I get used to that. :help:

xljwqc.jpg

Christ... Is it just me, or he looks like Spoony?

SpoonyOne-CounterMonkeyThePrisonerDilemma138-70.jpg

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Thank god we didn't buyout Bourque like everyone wanted last year :laugh:

I still think Bergevin isn't done, there's no way we're going into season as is after the playoffs

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Because he hasn't brought in anyone over 5'10 in his last 2 moves?

So we base it on two moves? The first of those being a trade between two prospects, neither of whom were hulking, steroid-filled cave men.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Briere is only one inch shorter than Kristo, and you all didn't have a problem with Kristo being a "lock for Ryder's spot in the top 6". If DD is moved, this deal looks a lot better. Just give the guy a chance before you bash him, and especially before you bash MB and call for his head.

Saintpatrick*

This pisses me off to no end. Once again the Habs cave in to the French media and sign this washed up smurf. I just don't know why I continue to root for this team. After 30 years I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
I miss Gauthier.

its thanks to Pejorative Slurz like you they say Montreal fans are dumb

I was hating on him too but now we have to move foward and respect him even we all know he played his primetime in Philly..he'll bring ALOT of leadership and other things like that

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
its thanks to Pejorative Slurz like you they say Montreal fans are dumb

I was hating on him too but now we have to move foward and respect him even we all know he played his primetime in Philly..he'll bring ALOT of leadership and other things like that

And the reply, 26 pages later!!

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Briere was instrumental in making Giroux the player he is today. He took him into his home with his wife and kids.

I have no doubts that Briere will touch our young kids the way he's touched the kids in Philly.

It may not have been your intention, but all this talk about Briere touching our kids is not making the signing any better.

Have a seat right over here Daniel....

matt-why-dont-you-have-a-seat-over-4497-1287095216-39.jpg

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
I just like to point out that this is the guy that said no to Montreal when he was a FA.

I do recall Gainey offering more money than Philly offered. Yet he chose Philly over his province. He then said he doesn't want to raise his kids in Quebec as he doesn't want pressure. Still Philly is a pressure market. Anyhow the same with Vinny and the same deal. Now no one wants him so he signs with us. Lame. He's the only Hab player I hate.

Analyzer*

I'm still waiting for watsatheos compilation with some catchy dub step music.

The song he originally had for Nygren I got hooked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino