Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 2 Czech defensemen, David Sklenicka and Michal Moravcik

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
yes that is right ..Streit 9th round pick..

these guys like Janne Lahti, Sekac, Jerabek all nothing ...

ok, Sekac fetched us Devante Smith Pelly.. then we traded him for Stefan Matteau..BUST.,..so Sekac =garbage.

Jerabeck traded for a 5th round pick..that will end up garbage..lol

Janne Lathi......what could have been eh?lol

Anyways, it's been a waste of time for real...nothing has even panned out ..,better luck on waivers
Diaz -> Weise -> Danault + 2nd

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Diaz -> Weise -> Danault + 2nd

yup. Diaz played a grand total of 114 games in a Habs jersey..never was trusted ..not a success...but a lucky traded at deadline ok....

But heck Craig Rivet got us a good haul at deadline that year too.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
let this freaking sink in for a second..

Habs Defense 2017-18
MY QUESTION IS DO WE HAVE ENOUGH LOW SCORING DMAN ALREADY????

Alzner scored 1 goal
Jordie Benn scored 4 goals
Jerabek score 1 goal
Victor Mete score 0 goals
David Schelemenkeooo score 1 goal
Noah Juulsen score 1 goal
Brett Learnout score 0 goals
Mike Rielly 0 goals

To be fair, Weber can score 20 and Petry can be good for 10 or so.

But I get what you’re saying. We sign a lot of garbage..

I think the even bigger concern with our blue line isn’t how many goals they score, but rather how many they can create. Petry is the only good puck mover, Weber’s main tool to create goals is his shot and deflections off his shot. You need to have possession and be in the offensive zone to utilize that, something Shea doesn’t shine in getting to.

If we had a prime Markov/Kaberle scoring 5-10 goals a year, but giving you 40-50 assists to go with it.. all of sudden it makes your offense a whole lot more potent.

Markov has been the straw the stirred the Habs drink for the last 15 years. Not having him is catastrophic.

Reactions: Habaneros

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You said nothing has ever panned out, I just gave you an example...

No , to be clear i mean the actual PLAYER.... who has come from overseas undrafted ,then picked up by Habs then played 300 -500-700 games in a Habs jersey??? That was my original point...

Can anyone remember the last guy?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
yes that is right ..Streit 9th round pick..

these guys like Janne Lahti, Sekac, Jerabek all nothing ...

ok, Sekac fetched us Devante Smith Pelly.. then we traded him for Stefan Matteau..BUST.,..so Sekac =garbage.

Jerabeck traded for a 5th round pick..that will end up garbage..lol

Janne Lathi......what could have been eh?lol

Anyways, it's been a waste of time for real...nothing has even panned out ..,
What are you talking about? It's like you think just because a few picks didn't pan out (even though in the case of Jerabek, he just wasn't given a chance), you think none will. A 5th round pick is an asset, and an asset we got for free. How was it a waste of time? Did you go and take the time to negotiate these contracts? Sure, nobody we've signed has panned out, but look around the league: Michal Kempny, Artemi Panarin, Nikita Zaitsev, Viktor Antipin, Mark Giordano who played overseas, etc. are all a waste of time?

EDIT: Not saying thses guys will amount to anything- just looking at stats, they look lackluster for the Czech league and I'm pessimistic about these two for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: schnapshot

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
So you are saying that these 2 guys actually have high reward? Lmao, high reward for what their worth is what I'm getting at. I'm not expecting these guys to be top 4 dmen in the NHL.
No I'm not saying that at all... I'm saying they have low reward. Like all his moves, low risk low reward. He acquires players with low ceilings.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
What are you talking about? It's like you think just because a few picks didn't pan out (even though in the case of Jerabek, he just wasn't given a chance), you think none will. A 5th round pick is an asset, and an asset we got for free. How was it a waste of time? Did you go and take the time to negotiate these contracts? Sure, nobody we've signed has panned out, but look around the league: Michal Kempny, Artemi Panarin, Nikita Zaitsev, Viktor Antipin, Mark Giordano who played overseas, etc. are all a waste of time?

EDIT: Not saying thses guys will amount to anything- just looking at stats, they look lackluster for the Czech league and I'm pessimistic about these two for now.

lol..the problem is WE NEVER GET GUYS undrafted overseas guys like , Artemi Panarin,

we gets the guy like Lathi , Sekac,Jerabek ...etc...yes waste of time....

NOW if we got guys like THE BREADMAN (Artemi Panarin) no not a waste of time.....but

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
lol..the problem is WE NEVER GET GUYS undrafted overseas guys like , Artemi Panarin,

NOW if we got guys like THE BREADMAN (Artemi Panarin) no not a waste of time.....but
Well yeah sure, I'd love to get Panarin too. But who's to say we can't get a Viktor Antipin? Michal Kempny? How are those a waste of time?

How is it a waste of time to sign a zero risk, some reward deal? Sure, most go nowhere, but it's not like signing Jakub Jerabek and Jiri Sekac hurt us.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
let this freaking sink in for a second..

Habs Defense 2017-18
MY QUESTION IS DO WE HAVE ENOUGH LOW SCORING DMAN ALREADY????

Alzner scored 1 goal
Jordie Benn scored 4 goals
Jerabek score 1 goal
Victor Mete score 0 goals
David Schelemenkeooo score 1 goal
Noah Juulsen score 1 goal
Brett Learnout score 0 goals
Mike Rielly 0 goals

1. D can contribute offensively with assists.
2. You need some D that can actually defend and play the PK, not just a bunch of M-A Bergeron. Having great PK guys allows you to play guys like Petry and Weber more at ES and PP.
3. If they eventually become an upgrade on our defensive D (Alzner and Benn), that's a win.

They are 0-3 years away and we will need new blood by then. They also replace Valiev in the AHL if he indeed goes to the KHL (and whatever bad try-outs Carrière was pulling out of his ass ).

Of course, I would have liked for them to roll the dice on Pilut or Persson, but hard to know if they inquired.

MB is also rumoured to be after Galipeau who was over 1 PPG in the QMJHL regular season, 1 PPG in the PO and had 3 assists in 4 games at the Mem Cup to become champion.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Habs tried. A lot of teams tried. Only Chicago got him.

Reactions: Habsddicted

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Well yeah sure, I'd love to get Panarin too. But who's to say we can't get a Viktor Antipin? Michal Kempny? How are those a waste of time?

How is it a waste of time to sign a zero risk, some reward deal? Sure, most go nowhere, but it's not like signing Jakub Jerabek and Jiri Sekac hurt us.

again, i got nothing against good low scoring players...but we got way too many...for example adding Michal Kempny to Habs defence ,what exact benifit does his 2 goals bring? and 1 goal in playoffs? we are team that barley got over 200 goals this year..lol

My point is we need more d that can SCORE

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
again, i got nothing against good low scoring players...but we got way to many...for example adding Michal Kempny to Habs defence ,what exact benifit does his 2 goals bring? and 1 goal in playoffs? we are team that barley got over 200 goals for this year..lol

We also need D that can defend.

What we need is for our scoring fwd to actually score.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
1. D can contribute offensively with assists.
2. You need some D that can actually defend and play the PK, not just a bunch of M-A Bergeron. Having great PK guys allows you to play guys like Petry and Weber more at ES and PP.
3. If they eventually become an upgrade on our defensive D (Alzner and Benn), that's a win.

They are 0-3 years away and we will need new blood by then. They also replace Valiev in the AHL if he indeed goes to the KHL (and whatever bad try-outs Carrière was pulling out of his ass ).

Of course, I would have liked for them to roll the dice on Pilut or Persson, but hard to know if they inquired.

MB is also rumoured to be after Galipeau who was over 1 PPG in the QMJHL regular season, 1 PPG in the PO and had 3 assists in 4 games at the Mem Cup to become champion.

Then sign him.

See to me that is a low risk-medium/high reward move. The guy is literally right in our backyard, is a francophone, is a LD, and has some offense to his game.

We can’t afford to let a guy like that slip through our fingers. Enough of letting the St.Louis’s and Marchessault’s get away. Sign them!

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
again, i got nothing against good low scoring players...but we got way too many...for example adding Michal Kempny to Habs defence ,what exact benifit does his 2 goals bring? and 1 goal in playoffs? we are team that barley got over 200 goals this year..lol

First off, Kempny had three regular season goals this year. Secondly, he has the ability to move the puck. Offense isn't all about putting the puck in the back of the net, you've gotta be able to move it up the ice too. What could Kempny do for us? A cup finalist is trusting him with regular minutes, whereas that same Cup finalist happily let go of Karl Alzner.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We also need D that can defend.

What we need is for our scoring fwd to actually score.

no...you can have defense players that can defend and SCORE...

That HABS DEFENSE is a dump....it can't score ,and cant defend...

Having a dcore that can score a lot ,is a big benefit to your forwards....

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Nice! Some unknowns players. I just wish that the guy who scout them isnt the same scout responsable about Daniel Pribyl selection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad