Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 2 Czech defensemen, David Sklenicka and Michal Moravcik

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
*see’s their stats in the Czech league...*

giphy.gif

Reactions: Doc McKenna

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don't really agree... I think most of Bargain's moves are low risk low reward. Maybe sometimes low risk medium reward.
So you are saying that these 2 guys actually have high reward? Lmao, high reward for what their worth is what I'm getting at. I'm not expecting these guys to be top 4 dmen in the NHL.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Don't really agree... I think most of Bargain's moves are low risk low reward. Maybe sometimes low risk medium reward.

Depending on what you consider high reward. 100 games in the NHL could be a high reward. Others might view it as a generational player. Then there is everything in between.

I’d be pretty happy if they solidified our AHL team, and got some looks with the Habs. Anything else would be gravy. Not expecting top 4 players, but who knows. Late bloomers happen.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I know, right ? Why haven't we signed this hidden, ultra talented forward or go out and sign Tavares already ????

Depth throughout the organization ???? Who needs that ?!

depth??? ok

depth that cant score? not ok..lol

207 goals in 82 games...

As i said before,when they first called up Jerabek to NHL..i said he would be no help where we needed it most..pucks in the net...and he wasnt no help in that dept...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
depth??? ok

depth that cant score? not ok..lol

207 goals in 82 games...

As i said when the first called up Jerabek to NHL..i said he would be no help where we needed it most..pucks in the net...and he wasnt no help in that dept...
Yep, let's just ignore any good players that don't fill our biggest need- it's not like we have holes all over our roster or anything. f*** getting free assets, am i right?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yep, let's just ignore any good players that don't fill our biggest need- it's not like we have holes all over our roster or anything. **** getting free assets, am i right?

I'm not sayin there not good players..but the offense potential is limited....we just no need anymore guys who cant create offense..lol we got way too much of that already.

Free assets or not..look for guys who can produce on the scoreboard .....

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'm not sayin there not good players..but the offense potential is limited....we just no need anymore guys who cant create offense..lol

Free assets or not..look for guys who can produce .....
This doesn't keep us from getting those players though. I don't see your point

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This doesn't keep us from getting those players though. I don't see your point

can you actually remember the last guy the Habs signed from overseas undrafted that actually worked out long term?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I said undrafted player...Radulov was drafted...
Jerabek stayed 25 game.....that's not long term success..lol
We got Radulov for free, didn't we? The circumstances were no different.

Jerabek didn't stay, but anyone with half a brain could tell he was one of our better dmen and belonged on the NHL roster, just didn't get his shot for whatever reason. But if these two players end up fetching 5th rounders at the deadline when we're down and out, that is a W, and way you slice it.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
let this freaking sink in for a second..

Habs Defense 2017-18
MY QUESTION IS DO WE HAVE ENOUGH LOW SCORING DMAN ALREADY????

Alzner scored 1 goal
Jordie Benn scored 4 goals
Jerabek score 1 goal
Victor Mete score 0 goals
David Schelemenkeooo score 1 goal
Noah Juulsen score 1 goal
Brett Learnout score 0 goals
Mike Rielly 0 goals

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We got Radulov for free, didn't we? The circumstances were no different.

Jerabek didn't stay, but anyone with half a brain could tell he was one of our better dmen and belonged on the NHL roster, just didn't get his shot for whatever reason. But if these two players end up fetching 5th rounders at the deadline when we're down and out, that is a W, and way you slice it.

no, Im talking bout UNDRAFTED players Habs picked up from overseas...who has really ever worked out for us??
Mark Streit was the best guy , and we played him as a forward till he left..lol

Other than that.....???

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
no, Im talking bout UNDRAFTED players Habs picked up from overseas...who has really ever worked out for us??
Mark Streit was the best guy , and we played him as a forward till he left..lol

Other than that.....???
Uh

Streit was drafted. Radulov was essentially undrafted, it was pretty well the same circumstances. Jerabek was successful as we traded him for a 5th, and Sekac fetched DSP. I still don't see what you're getting at at all here.

Even if none of these guys turned out to be studs, why not take a chance when there is literally zero risk?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Uh

Streit was drafted. Radulov was essentially undrafted, it was pretty well the same circumstances. Jerabek was successful as we traded him for a 5th, and Sekac fetched DSP. I still don't see what you're getting at at all here.

Even if none of these guys turned out to be studs, why not take a chance when there is literally zero risk?

yes that is right ..Streit 9th round pick..

these guys like Janne Lahti, Sekac, Jerabek all nothing ...

ok, Sekac fetched us Devante Smith Pelly.. then we traded him for Stefan Matteau..BUST.,..so Sekac =garbage.

Jerabeck traded for a 5th round pick..that will end up garbage..lol

Janne Lathi......what could have been eh?lol

Anyways, it's been a waste of time for real...nothing has even panned out ..,better luck on waivers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad