Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Anderson is not a playmaker.

Toffoli is not a playmaker.

kotkaniemi needs play makers with him.

Julien is that you?
Montreal has NO ONE for KKs left side and Caufield for his right side.

I just question the fans ability to know what’s best for the team when they say KK has HD Anderson with him for “X” amount of games. TWO completely different play styles.

kotka sees the ice better when he’s playing with certain players... caufield is one for example..

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
With Staal pushing KK around the lineup while producing nothing, it might actually end up being the worst acquisition in recent Habs history. Since adding Staal:

Kotkaniemi
17 games
0 goals
3 assists

Staal
17 games
2 goals
0 assists

I don't mind Caufield being on the 4th line 5 on 5 with Lehkonen/Evans, however there's no excuse to him not being on 1st PP unit.

Will you have relax. Have you seen the on ice product the last 5 games.

every single rookie has grown a part of there game.

Jesperi - Has shown increased strength along the boards especially when engaging in body checks, is fighting a wall when it comes to stick on puck board play and is currently trying to climb that wall ( once he climbs that wall *if* he will create better opportunities as a center ).

Suzuki - Found confidence in his shooting ability, found confidence within playing a big role on the team, has forechecked with more authority recently.. Suzuki’s base skills are still closely the same as when he entered the league he’s just found confidence and strength hopefully he can keep it up

Evans- new found confidence in his physical abilities mainly skating. Is still lacking in his decision making at full speed but is showing promise of patience and composure.

Caufield - still raw but you can see some of his polish. Has settled in with the overall team vibe, good to see, nerves of steel, bringing an overall “skill play” mindset to the team.. a natural born leader but not in the way our current captain leads.

I don’t see a whole lot out of any other rookies right now, Poehling is where I expected him to be in the AHL at this point so we see where things go from here.

Romanov - has grown his attitude about leading especially, hasn’t grown a whole lot physically and is showing regression for most of the season offensively, this may be contributed to defensive assignments.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Chabot out for the rest of the season. Likely a separated shoulder. We have two rookies in Jacob-Bernard Docker and Alsing being called in to replace. Sens should have a harder time breaking out of the zone as Chabot was averaging close to 30 mins a night.

Reactions: Walrus26 and BLONG7

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
you mean Anderson, the 26 year old winger with 0 pts in his last 7 games? Perhaps the question is better flipped? Or is Anderson also a 3rd liner at best in your books based on his recent struggles to put up points?
I guess you don't watch too many movies. Don't they tell movie lawyers not to ask questions they don't know the answer to?

Maybe just maybe Anderson's production dried up when they placed him with KK. He was doing fine until teamed up with him.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He won't be back. Unfortunately, he'll get moved for next to nothing. Maybe Detroit?
Sometime it is addition by subtraction. I wish him the best in his life and career, i just have no faith of him succeeding here (or anywhere where there is pressure)
Maybe arizona type climate would be great for him

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What’s more impressive...he’s doing it w a heavy heart of his father battling cancer...we forget these are human beings.

Yeah, this why I dont like to engage in personal insults or playing with their last names to show how much they suck. We fans should have a line not to cross as well.

We have no idea what's going on with them. It's fine to criticize of course, but there is a way to do it without looking like an ass.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Don't care what people think about KK struggling right now.

As long they don't give him 2 top 6 wingers for atleast 10-15 games it's useless to punch him to the ground.
He never had all the tools a this disposal to showoff.

Meanwhile Danault gets all the merits bcause he's getting carried by his wingers.

If you don't want KK to develop then f***ing trade him before it's too late.

Suzuki and KK should be the future of this franchise and not Danault at 5.5m in a second line.
Danault in a top 6 in a regular non-covid season is a lottery pick guaranteed.

Edit : Yes his stats are not showing right now , yet he 4 points behind the guy that get all the good wingers every games.

Yes he's still way more combative and increased his % on the faceoff and been making great passes into people that can't finish. End of the line.

If you don't want him in your core then trade him.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
KK needs playmakers? Does he also need goal scorers?

Will you guys continue to scrap the bottom of that barrel for excuses.
Yeah, certain human beings need certain situations to grow. Not every person progresses the same way they aren’t robots.

I think maybe you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel, No offense.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Don't care what people think about KK struggling right now.

As long they don't give him 2 top 6 wingers for atleast 10-15 games it's useless to punch him to the ground.
He never had all the tools a this disposal to showoff.

Meanwhile Danault gets all the merits bcause he's getting carried by his wingers.

If you don't want KK to develop then f***ing trade him before it's too late.

Suzuki and KK should be the future of this franchise and not Danault at 5.5m in a second line.
Danault in a top 6 in a regular non-covid season is a lottery pick guaranteed.

Edit : Yes his stats are not showing right now , yet he 4 points behind the guy that get all the good wingers every games.

Yes he's still way more combative and increased his % on the faceoff and been making great passes into people that can't finish. End of the line.

If you don't want him in your core then trade him.
I think expectations can blur the present.

not much else I can say. He needs to score lots in order to impress but some tend to forget that progression doesn’t happen like magic. It sometimes takes a lot of little circumstances going right.

kk has grown he’s young he’s about in par with every other good prospect on the team. Some fans needs to temper something because we don’t have McDavid skill on our team ( maybe Caufield crosses fingers )

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I guess you don't watch too many movies. Don't they tell movie lawyers not to ask questions they don't know the answer to?

Maybe just maybe Anderson's production dried up when they placed him with KK. He was doing fine until teamed up with him.

Weird... i don't recall them being together for the past 15 games... 3g 4pts for anderson in that stretch... guess Suzuki and Danault are also dragging him down amirite :lol:

Interesting though, that your expectation is for the 20 year old player on an ELC to drive the output for the veteran we just signed for a multiyear deal at top-6 money. Your takes are nothing if not consistent in their bias and disconnect from any kind of grounded assessment.

Reactions: Habs178

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Weird... i don't recall them being together for the past 15 games... 3g 4pts for anderson in that stretch... guess Suzuki and Danault are also dragging him down amirite :lol:

Interesting though, that your expectation is for the 20 year old player on an ELC to drive the output for the veteran we just signed for a multiyear deal at top-6 money. Your takes are nothing if not consistent in their bias and disconnect from any kind of grounded assessment.
Anderson was a great gamble, hoping it pays off! With the right line mates he’s a 60 point guy!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Or maybe jusyt watch how instrumental Anderson has been with aggressive even when not scoring, maybe his effort drew two penalties that led to two goals.
Nothing worst then judging a player base on his stats alone.

Jul 6, 2016
Anderson and CC with the checking centre
Dom must not be watching the games
Kk and Anderson could do nothing with Phil so now we punish CC?

That "checking centre" who has helped Tatar and Gally get their best two seasons....

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Anderson was a great gamble, hoping it pays off! With the right line mates he’s a 60 point guy!

agreed... even though he's on pace for a 40pt season currently, i'd also agree that I think he can continue to improve his productivity despite being 27 years old as he catches up for lost time and continues to learn how to leverage his considerable physical tools. Injury-setbacks remain a concern, but barring that, 60pt production seems very attainable.

I do think JKO, at 20-21, has much more room to grow and improve, and his ceiling is considerably higher.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Or maybe jusyt watch how instrumental Anderson has been with aggressive even when not scoring, maybe his effort drew two penalties that led to two goals.
Nothing worst then judging a player base on his stats alone.
You misunderstood my post. Go look at the post I responded to.

Reactions: tazsub3

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

I don't know why I bother responding to you. You rarely make any sense.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That "checking centre" who has helped Tatar and Gally get their best two seasons....
Or is it they helped Phil have his?
How is he doing without them? Outside of his goal last night............he has been bad, real bad without them. The numbers don't lie.

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
Is he necessarily responsible for Tatar and Gallagher being good? Gallagher does his thing no matter where you slot him, I always felt he carried the line. Phil does good things but the guy gets given way too much credit sometimes. Sometimes he also doesn't get enough. I think he's a 3rd line center who can slot in 2nd if you want to make a shutdown line with good 2 way guys who can create for themselves/don't need a center to set them up to be effective outside their own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad