Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Sens Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
You don't have to take the way they're listed on someone's Twitter account to mean the order of the lines.

Last night, the Staal/Perry/Frolik line was the least used line at 5-on-5. So even if one of the beat writers list the Staal line ahead of KK, when the game is played, the Staal line is the least used line.
I hope so, but even then KK and Evans both deserve to play C over geriatric Staal who should be put on the wing if they NEED to keep him in the line up.

Jul 6, 2016
I care because they’ll refuse to take Staal out of the lineup when everyone is healthy. He’s a horrible horrible hockey player now.

I dunno in which extent Tatar and Byron will be healthy. Anyway, Tatar in not a Playoffs warrior, as we all know. Gally is not that near of a return. Drouin seems to be gone. So Staal might be around for a while still.

Reactions: dinodebino

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I like these changes, gives CC more ice time and more chances to score. Anderson will definitely create space for him.

This also moves KK back to centre where he should be developing. Decreased ice time his fair, as he produces more, he’ll get more ice time.

Reactions: Joe Malone

Jul 6, 2016
If you think being on the ice for 1 goal against and 0 goals for is good...

+ and - doesn't mean much. So many factors to take into account. Could be the fault of any other 4 players + the goalie.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Why change the lines ? Lehkonen-Evans-CC in a sheltered role were just fine. Playing with Danault-Anderson means that CC will have to face Tkachuk a lot... Not sure I want to see CC being abused physically by him.

It's ok, Danault will put Tkachuk in his place.

:sarcasm:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't like KK being bounced around so much but Lehkonen and him play well together and he's not getting a scrub in Evans. As good as Evans has been he needs to shift to RW and be the backup centre. His speed is needed on the wing right now. I know it's listed as the third line, but if they play well then they'll get more icetime as the game goes on. We're in playoff mode. We're playing 4 lines and a 1-2-3-4 ranking isn't necessarily accurate.

Reactions: 1909

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You surprised?

No.

I don't even think he's played particularly well since he's been moved to the wing.. but I can't think of one player in the league who has had more position and line-mate changes than Kotkaniemi. It's hard enough to find consistency in your game as a young player, when there's no consistency in your line mates? That makes it a lot harder.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
+ and - doesn't mean much. So may factors to take into account. Could be the fault of any other 4 players + the goalie.

The entire point of a 4th line is to provide energy and not get scored on. They got scored on. So it’s not a good game. They certainly never provide energy either with Staal half assing his way through the season. Puck cycling with no scoring chances.

It’s just not a good line. So they better not get a lot of icetime. 10 mins max for Frolik/Staal. Perry gets his PP time and up to 14 mins. Anything more is a joke and a rookie coach pandering to vets.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No.

I don't even think he's played particularly well since he's been moved to the wing.. but I can't think of one player in the league who has had more position and line-mate changes than Kotkaniemi. It's hard enough to find consistency in your game as a young player, when there's no consistency in your line mates? That makes it a lot harder.
He definitely get the orphan treatment.................talk about the how not to develop a kid...and then some of our fans moan and whine and put it back on him......he was just too young when it all started, but here we are....

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

Edmundson is really Steady Eddy back there. He's been quietly been having a solid season. And I've said it before and I'll say it again, playing with Edmundson has given Petry a little more freedom to express himself offensively.

Nice guy Allen. He seems to compliment everyone. Didn’t he say KK had the best shot on the team during training camp as well?

Reactions: Gravity

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Edmundson is really Steady Eddy back there. He's been quietly been having a solid season. And I've said it before and I'll say it again, playing with Edmundson has given Petry a little more freedom to express himself offensively.

What’s more impressive...he’s doing it w a heavy heart of his father battling cancer...we forget these are human beings.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yea cause that tells the entire story... They had numerous scoring chances and cycled rly well.

Yes watch out for Staal and his 2 points in 17 games. Frolik with his 0 points and Perry with his 1 ES point in last 15 games. They suck as a unit.

Reactions: Runner77

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
KK is getting bounced around because he's been so unproductive/ineffective for the better part of this season. Until he shows something, 4th line is where he should be, and W or C doesn't matter....maximizing our chances to win and clinch playoff spot is more important than his development in the short window of time of the home stretch.

Reactions: salbutera

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-5-5_8-13-34.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
KK is getting bounced around because he's been so unproductive/ineffective for the better part of this season. Until he shows something, 4th line is where he should be, and W or C doesn't matter....maximizing our chances to win and clinch playoff spot is more important than his development in the short window of time of the home stretch.
Hard to produce when you get the scrubbiest line mates every game...Even when Suzuki played like crap for half the season he always had a legit scorer on his wing and he finally broke out of his slump. Dom needs to make sure he maintains Staal's approval at all times.

Reactions: habsfan891

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
No...he reports on what Dom is doing...which is putting kk on the 4th line.
Staal and Frolik had the fewest minutes among all forwards in the last game. Did Dom tell John Lu that now they'll get more minutes than KK, Evans, and Lekhonen? That's how you define a fourth line, right, the line with fewest minutes played? Or maybe there is some other definition, like the line that is listed fourth by the media?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

The irony is this is how it all started. Rollback to 2018-19, they started to bench the kid (when he was playing well) because there was a glimpse of hope to make the POs (spoiler: they didn't make it)... and it went down hill from that point.

If they keep him on the 4th for an extended period of time, he will get the expected 4th line production that goes with the role/TOI rather than "showing something". It's just another self-fulfilling prophecy by the org.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia