Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Sens Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would switch Caufield and Armia (even though Armia has been good on that line)

Tatar-Danault-Gally
Toffili-Suzuki-Caufield
Anderson-KK-Armia
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry

Staal has been pretty bad...his line with Perry and Frolik has been better-but he sits nonetheless.

I can go with all these. Definitely had our legion of doom line in mind (Anderson-KK-Armia). But since Armia is doing well with suzie and Tofymu, I'd ride it until it isn't. But I'd try Tatar-Danault-Anderson and Gallagher-KK-Caufield. Put players that can make plays with players that can make plays, and crash and bang players with crash and bang players.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I’ll use my own example.

I’ve played hockey since I was 14.. I played goalie til I was 20, I switched to player and it took me a couple years to really get my skates underneath me.. I kept improving and improving and was eventually invited out to skates where ex NHL players would play.. along the way I always played better when I had players around me that were very skilled, it would boost my skills instead of having to do a lot of the work myself.. especially when you are young and progressing, playing with similar players that accompany your skills helps you grow.. playing with players that don’t suit your style doesn’t have the same positive effect.

I see what you're saying. Been playing since I can remember, with quality and sometimes without, but always ended up on the score-sheet regardless. What I found that helped the most was knowing what your strengths and weaknesses are and playing within your ability. To improve need to put in lots of practice and do proper drills to achieve high end skill. Playing with vastly superior players is only gonna show you how far away you are. Growing up, often played shinny hockey with a bunch of Redman players that were about a decade older, but fit in, knew my place and just contributed what I could.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The ONLY lines on that chart that were "catastrophic" had Drouin or the Finnish line. If Montreal is fully healthy, it is not difficult to give KK good wingers. I'm repeating myself, but the issue has been injuries and that some of Ducharme's line-up decisions have been ... interesting.

Again though, according to most, aside from Tatar and Gallagher, the rest are scrubs. A good player should be able to play with anyone. Don't understand all the fuss really. It's more important for the team to win is it not? I actually don't really care who plays with whom BTW. But if it was up to me, with a healthy lineup, KK would not be in it the way he is playing.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Again though, according to most, aside from Tatar and Gallagher, the rest are scrubs. A good player should be able to play with anyone. Don't understand all the fuss really. It's more important for the team to win is it not? I actually don't really care who plays with whom BTW. But if it was up to me, with a healthy lineup, KK would not be in it the way he is playing.

Where are these "most" who are calling those specific playes (like Toffoli or Anderson) scrubs. And from the line shuffling that Ducharme ha done, we know literally everyone on the roster has struggled in certain combinations.

The issue is more developmental than actual results, since this is always what happens when you screw around with raw, non-generational prospects in the NHL.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Where are these "most" who are calling those specific playes (like Toffoli or Anderson) scrubs. And from the line shuffling that Ducharme ha done, we know literally everyone on the roster has struggled in certain combinations.

The issue is more developmental than actual results, since this is always what happens when you screw around with raw, non-generational prospects in the NHL.

Guess you have to read other threads, they are there! Just a heads up, no one is unscathed BTW

It's not a crime if a player needs to develop,but not at the expense of the team or in the NHL if they have no holes to plug. If a player needs to improve before a permanent roster spot, so be it.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Guess you have to read other threads, they are there! Just a heads up, no one is unscathed BTW

It's not a crime if a player needs to develop,but not at the expense of the team or in the NHL if they have no holes to plug. If a player needs to improve before a permanent roster spot, so be it.

I mean, I guess, but Kotkaniemi has never really hurt the team. Ducharme hasn't been shuffling him to hide him, he's been shuffling him because of injuries and, at this point, it seems like its just what he does.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I see what you're saying. Been playing since I can remember, with quality and sometimes without, but always ended up on the score-sheet regardless. What I found that helped the most was knowing what your strengths and weaknesses are and playing within your ability. To improve need to put in lots of practice and do proper drills to achieve high end skill. Playing with vastly superior players is only gonna show you how far away you are. Growing up, often played shinny hockey with a bunch of Redman players that were about a decade older, but fit in, knew my place and just contributed what I could.
Wouldn’t you feel like being able to see how far away you are is just another ingredient I being able to understand your weaknesses. And at the high level of the NHL you’d want to be able to achieve your strengths and sometimes those strengths shine with similar high end playmaking individuals like Caufield.

So while at the same time of being shown your obvious flaws your also able to make mistakes that you learn from. It’s harder in my opinion to learn from what our mistakes may be and another to learn directly from the mistakes. With a high end offensive potential Kotka really is, he needs someone beside him with the same skill set of IQ especially, mixed with raw skills like players like Caufield and somewhat Suzuki, thus, this is a good reason why you have seen kotka with older skill players like Staal and perry and another reason you see him with toffoli, but rarely with suzuki, and so far not a lot of time with Caufield.

I understand he isn’t Brady Thachuk Norris and has trouble creating on his own ( well maybe not creating but finishing ) but with a similar offensive talent a player like Caufield is I think he grows.

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I mean, I guess, but Kotkaniemi has never really hurt the team. Ducharme hasn't been shuffling him to hide him, he's been shuffling him because of injuries and, at this point, it seems like its just what he does.

Not hurt really,but not much offensive contribution either,but that applies to many. Just seems so many are taking a kanipshin over his deployment and yet Evans hasn't really had much of look with upper tier players.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wouldn’t you feel like being able to see how far away you are is just another ingredient I being able to understand your weaknesses. And at the high level of the NHL you’d want to be able to achieve your strengths and sometimes those strengths shine with similar high end playmaking individuals like Caufield.

So while at the same time of being shown your obvious flaws your also able to make mistakes that you learn from. It’s harder in my opinion to learn from what our mistakes may be and another to learn directly from the mistakes. With a high end offensive potential Kotka really is, he needs someone beside him with the same skill set of IQ especially, mixed with raw skills like players like Caufield and somewhat Suzuki,

It could be demoralizing depending on ones mindset. Playing way above your head can be a tough pill to swallow seeing how far away you are. Fine to get a taste to see where you stand,but will it help in the long run?:dunno: From seeing the likes of Galchenyuk, Mccarron,Sherbakc etc, rushing a player seems like it's not the answer.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Not hurt really,but not much offensive contribution either,but that applies to many. Just seems so many are taking a kanipshin over his deployment and yet Evans hasn't really had much of look with upper tier players.

Evans doesn't create as much as Kotkaniemi. Montreal has team-wide issues that affect offense, but specifically regarding KK, injuries and not giving him any consistency whatsoever aren't helping him.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
And this is where you lost all creditability with assessments on players.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
It could be demoralizing depending on ones mindset. Playing way above your head can be a tough pill to swallow seeing how far away you are. Fine to get a taste to see where you stand,but will it help in the long run?:dunno: From seeing the likes of Galchenyuk, Mccarron,Sherbakc etc, rushing a player seems like it's not the answer.
I don’t think kotka is really out of his element. He scores, he isn’t a huge liability or really even a concern defensively unless you misuse him.. I don’t see how getting playing time with Caufield would hurt him? Or the team really. It’s like when we had sub an and galchenyuk, when they were on the ice together it was magic passes quick moves etc..

I like kotka and Caufield on the same ice.. hoping we get to see it a little more often !

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I don’t think kotka is really out of his element. He scores, he isn’t a huge liability or really even a concern defensively unless you misuse him.. I don’t see how getting playing time with Caufield would hurt him? Or the team really. It’s like when we had sub an and galchenyuk, when they were on the ice together it was magic passes quick moves etc..

I like kotka and Caufield on the same ice.. hoping we get to see it a little more often !

Sure everyone is entitled to have their own opinions, just find them both green still. No harm in sheltering them. Who knows, maybe if Habs clinch soon, they can experiment with lines:crossfing

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Sure everyone is entitled to have their own opinions, just find them both green still. No harm in sheltering them. Who knows, maybe if Habs clinch soon, they can experiment with lines:crossfing
The Habs have been playing better without the “vets”. Kotka looks better offensively since Caufields arrival and so has Suzuki Petry and chiarot. It’s no coincidence. The kid brings a lot to the table eh! So excited to watch him progress it’s scary hahah

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
not sure what to expect tonight. probably a close game, not sure who wins lol

#captainobvious
My Gfs daughter calls her mom #katherineobvious

she’s 7 it’s hilarious she already comes up with such creative sayings.. it’s totally true she is captain of the obvious!

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The Habs have been playing better without the “vets”. Kotka looks better offensively since Caufields arrival and so has Suzuki Petry and chiarot. It’s no coincidence. The kid brings a lot to the table eh! So excited to watch him progress it’s scary hahah

You do realize that KK has one assist in the last 14 games right? prorated to a full season that would be around 6 points for the season:eek:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'd resign them both if it was a decent deal. Not like anyone is ready to take over their roles, and with such beautiful cap management, little to play with:pullhair:

I'm willing to bet Drouin is traded or picked by Seattle and we bring back both Tuna and Danault.

I'm expecting our lineup next year to be something like

Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Anderson - KK - Caufield
Poehling - Evans - Perry

Eddy - Petry
Romanov - Weber
Chiarot - Fleury

I'm also expecting Byron to be in Seattle or a bottom team as he won't be too expensive to move with only 2 years left. Lehkonen will also be traded for a pick.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad