Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Sens Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
The entire point of a 4th line is to provide energy and not get scored on. They got scored on. So it’s not a good game. They certainly never provide energy either with Staal half assing his way through the season. Puck cycling with no scoring chances.

It’s just not a good line. So they better not get a lot of icetime. 10 mins max for Frolik/Staal. Perry gets his PP time and up to 14 mins. Anything more is a joke and a rookie coach pandering to vets.

They have no one else to dress.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
KK is getting bounced around because he's been so unproductive/ineffective for the better part of this season. Until he shows something, 4th line is where he should be, and W or C doesn't matter....maximizing our chances to win and clinch playoff spot is more important than his development in the short window of time of the home stretch.

Staal in the lineup runs counter to this take.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I want to see a pissed off Kotkaniemi. I think he'd be able to cause some major damage. What's the opposite of "mint"?.

tumblr_puzb4y1qQq1qe8lb8o1_400.gif
damaged, imperfect, used

Reactions: Runner77

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They have no one else to dress.

Oh I know. I just expect Staal to keep playing when they do have others to dress and I think it’s a massive mistake. I think Ducharme is too afraid to upset veterans, like refusing to end the Weber as a #1D stuff.

Look at the PP’s results recently without Weber. But he’ll come back and be inserted back into the man advantage, guaranteed.

Reactions: 1909 and Wats

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
With Staal pushing KK around the lineup while producing nothing, it might actually end up being the worst acquisition in recent Habs history. Since adding Staal:

Kotkaniemi
17 games
0 goals
3 assists

Staal
17 games
2 goals
0 assists

I don't mind Caufield being on the 4th line 5 on 5 with Lehkonen/Evans, however there's no excuse to him not being on 1st PP unit.

Reactions: demetan33

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Drouin's return will be the problem.

At this point Drouin leaving was a classic case of addition by subtraction.

Sad to say, but I wish he stays out.

Tatar - Danault- Gally
Toffoli - Suzy - Armia
Byron - KK - Anderson
Staal - Evans - Perry
Lehky and Byron can interchange.

Eddy - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Merrill - Romanov
Kulak

Price/Allen

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Tatar - Danault- Gally
Toffoli - Suzy - Armia
Byron - KK - Anderson
Staal - Evans - Perry

Eddy - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Merrill - Romanov
Kulak

Price/Allen

He wont return, he played his last game in montreal.
he could not handle regular season pressure and you want him to comeback to playoff pressure?

Reactions: 1909 and Schwang

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Cause clearly Kotkaniemi deserve to be on the 4th line over Perry Frolik and Staal lulz
Even that entire 4th line should be over that 300 year olds line.
I think you are putting way too much stock into how John Lu ordered the lines. The old man line will be used primarily in defensive situations, while the kid line will be used in more offensive situations. That’s the main distinction.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think you are putting way too much stock into how John Lu ordered the lines. The old man line will be used primarily in defensive situations, while the kid line will be used in more offensive situations. That’s the main distinction.
Maybe but the way Ducharma used Staal lately , he could really be on the third line , which would be sad. That entire line will most likely be gone after this season.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Tatar - Danault- Gally
Toffoli - Suzy - Armia
Byron - KK - Anderson
Staal - Evans - Perry

Eddy - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Merrill - Romanov
Kulak

Price/Allen
Drouin will not return
Sorry not happening
No worries there

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Chabot and J. Brown were injured and will not play any more games this season.
Ouch, that will hurt the Sens. We better win this one as we can't count on Sens to beat flames and jets without them either.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He has had Anderson for the last 4-5 games. What has he done with him?

you mean Anderson, the 26 year old winger with 0 pts in his last 7 games? Perhaps the question is better flipped? Or is Anderson also a 3rd liner at best in your books based on his recent struggles to put up points?

Reactions: Habs178 and Gravity

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I think these next 2 will be the true tests. They had comeback wins against Ottawa and Toronto, so they'll be looking for revenge. let's see if these 3 games were a lucky streak or not.

Jul 6, 2016
He won't be back. Unfortunately, he'll get moved for next to nothing. Maybe Detroit?

Or be exposed for the next Kraken's draft.

Not Detroit for sure.... Yzerman knows better. But I could see him out West in Arizona, SJ or L.A. or maybe NJ in the East.

Reactions: Maitz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->