Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Sens Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Chabot out for the rest of the season. Likely a separated shoulder. We have two rookies in Jacob-Bernard Docker and Alsing being called in to replace. Sens should have a harder time breaking out of the zone as Chabot was averaging close to 30 mins a night.
Chabot is some kind of players.....too bad about his injury...

Reactions: dinodebino

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Chabot out for the rest of the season. Likely a separated shoulder. We have two rookies in Jacob-Bernard Docker and Alsing being called in to replace. Sens should have a harder time breaking out of the zone as Chabot was averaging close to 30 mins a night.

Only 4 games left in the season and they're already eliminated. So no biggie for them as they're already eliminated. But it does help teams fighting for a playoff spot that have remaining games against Ottawa.

Reactions: SensFactor

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
agreed... even though he's on pace for a 40pt season currently, i'd also agree that I think he can continue to improve his productivity despite being 27 years old as he catches up for lost time and continues to learn how to leverage his considerable physical tools. Injury-setbacks remain a concern, but barring that, 60pt production seems very attainable.

I do think JKO, at 20-21, has much more room to grow and improve, and his ceiling is considerably higher.
Can Kotka iron out his flaws? Does he have the right coaches or influences?

Reactions: ItzaGreat

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
With Staal pushing KK around the lineup while producing nothing, it might actually end up being the worst acquisition in recent Habs history. Since adding Staal:

Kotkaniemi
17 games
0 goals
3 assists

Staal
17 games
2 goals
0 assists

I don't mind Caufield being on the 4th line 5 on 5 with Lehkonen/Evans, however there's no excuse to him not being on 1st PP unit.

Agreed, the Staal acquisition has completely f***ed KK , its a real drag

Make no mistake tho that Perry Staal Frolik line is the 4th line lets be real here
Curious as to who really plays Center on that 3rd line, maybe alternate
Dont love CC with Danault unfortunately..

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
What’s more impressive...he’s doing it w a heavy heart of his father battling cancer...we forget these are human beings.

TY for sharing. Some of the know it alls on here just wanna dig at players for whatever reason.
They are people first. Would love to see the constant haters subject to the same
Dumb crap they spew constantly about them at their jobs lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Whatever. CC had nothing to do with this.

The play of Evans and Bergevin not believing our two young C’s are enough to bring us far in these playoffs have more to do with it. He clearly isn’t a winger so I prefer him in his current position with Evans on the wing who played decent with Suzuki when placed there.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Vancouver lost in regulation to Edmonton.

So if my calculations are right, all Habs will need to clinch are 3 pts in their final 5 games.

- Calgary are at 47 pts. They have 6 games left. If they win them all, they go to 59 pts.

- Vancouver are at 41 pts. They have 9 games left. If they win them all, they go to 59 pts.

So all Habs need to do is get to 60 points and they clinch.

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Vancouver lost in regulation to Edmonton.

So if my calculations are right, all Habs will need to clinch are 3 pts in their final 5 games.

- Calgary are at 47 pts. They have 6 games left. If they win them all, they go to 59 pts.

- Vancouver are at 41 pts. They have 9 games left. If they win them all, they go to 59 pts.

So all Habs need to do is get to 60 points and they clinch.

Yeah, I would say the magic number with Vancouver is 2 points and the magic number with Calgary is 3 points.

Any game we gain 1 or 2 points, both those magic numbers go down by 1 or 2 points.
Any game one of those teams doesn't get two points, the magic number corresponding to that team goes down by 1 point if they lose in OT or 2 points if they lose in regulation.

So, the earliest we could clinch is Tomorrow - if we win tomorrow, and Calgary loses, whether in regulation or OT/SO.
But Calgary's playing the Jets, so I don't expect to clinch tomorrow.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I don't want to put too much pressure on the kid but he's going to score a couple of goals and win it 4-2.

Reactions: Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If we brought up Poehling and played him with the likes of Lehks and Evans would we be “ruining” him as well?

Or would we simply just hope he performs well and move him up the lineup if he does? Hell Caufield was just playing with Lehks and Evans and now he’s in the top 6...

bottom line, it’s on KK to go out there and make some plays for once. If he starts making plays with consistency, he’ll move up. It’s that simple.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Primeau prob plays today, and then Allen tomorrow.

Hopefully Price can play saturday. Need him to get some games before the playoffs starts

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It was wrongly reported. It's actually:

Lehkonen -- KK -- Evans, which is ok. 2 energy guys with speed who go to net.

Its still another new line.

Seriously he's never spent more than 80 minutes with a line combo. That's 11% of his season. Suzuki for example has had the same line for 33%.

This is not absolving KK of anything with his play but that's not enough time to establish anything with a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad