Habs player that frustrated you the most?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Sergei Samsonov was really frustrating.

He was doing all sorts of things that made you go "oh" and then the same thing always happened, it ended-up being a whole lot for nothing.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Alexei emelin

Good one. His last year here he looked like someone recoverring from a massive concussion. Dumb plays after dumb plays, though Petry didn't help.

I noticed a lot of my guys were local kids: Perreault, Traverse, Dagenais, Latendresse and Desharnais. Couldn't stand any of them. Dagenais could literally do just one thing and he wasn't that good at it.

But I also have guys like Rivet, Savage, Gomez, Pacioretty and Sundstrom.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
MT is more to blame IMO....DD was put in a position where he shouldn't have been,

if MT put Petry in net and he let in 20 goals, would you blame Petry?....no, because he shouldn't be put there
You don't think Price belongs in goal yet you blame him if he lets in 2 goals, never mind 20.
:sarcasm:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Laracque grated on me. He was supposed to be this nuclear deterrent yet other teams still took liberties with our skill players because they knew that Georges was all bark and no bite. He would only fight if you accepted his invitation so opponents just refused to take the bait, like what happened with Lucic in that infamous game back in November 2008 when the fans were looking for Laracque to take his head off. Laracque had this quaint notion that NHL enforcers should follow the Marquess of Queensberry rules when what he should have been doing is punching opponents in the face until he provoked a reaction from them. Obviously if you give someone the option of not dropping the gloves they're not going to drop them. You have to force them to fight you. Georges never did and any time he wasn't caving somebody's face in he was useless.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Frustrations- I've had a few.

Malakhov
Kovalev
Andrei K
Okay time to get off da Russians
Subban
Pacioretty

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
The Max memory I will never forget was last season in an OT game... Max has a breakaway, chance to win it... All alone. And he fails to even come close to getting a shot off. LOL
Heh somehow I remember that exact chance... Add another vote for Max. What a different player he is now than 5-6 years ago.

Also: Sergei and Andrei K, maybe?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Probably Nokelainen.

Came here as the faceoffs super hero and left as a guy who really had no business playing in the NHL and probably not even the AHL. I remember when we got him it was almost like we had just acquired Patrice Bergeron without offense. Man it could not have been further from the truth.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The Max memory I will never forget was last season in an OT game... Max has a breakaway, chance to win it... All alone. And he fails to even come close to getting a shot off. LOL

Mine is the failed pinch by PK against the Avalanche where PK fell down trying to generate offense. PK was the main reason that game wasn't already out of reach, then on the back check Patches picks up absolutely noone and PK gets roasted for it by MT. I don't know if this one play changed anything in the grand scheme of things when it came to the PK trade. We'll never know, I don't think there was anything PK could have done to avoid the trade, but you never know.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Probably Nokelainen.

Came here as the faceoffs super hero and left as a guy who really had no business playing in the NHL and probably not even the AHL. I remember when we got him it was almost like we had just acquired Patrice Bergeron without offense. Man it could not have been further from the truth.
I only remember his goal vs the Islanders where he came off the bench and took a random slap shot at the blueline and scored.

I didn't like Malhotra, Desharnais and Smolinski back in the day.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Mine is the failed pinch by PK against the Avalanche where PK fell down trying to generate offense. PK was the main reason that game wasn't already out of reach, then on the back check Patches picks up absolutely noone and PK gets roasted for it by MT. I don't know if this one play changed anything in the grand scheme of things when it came to the PK trade. We'll never know, I don't think there was anything PK could have done to avoid the trade, but you never know.
PK wasn't traded for on ice reasons... in my opinion of course. Since it was never stated. From the outside looking in, he was traded for Therrien/MB reasons.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

That play and what followed is seared in my mind as it encapsulated much of what was/ is wrong with this organization.

PK did not do anything reckless. He did try to create a play to score a goal. He tries to win games.

On the counterattack the AVs were contained and all were covered up until Patches eased off and let his man break to the net, and goal scored.

This goal was on Patches.

Down a goal, MT then benches Patches and PK, the 2 guys on the team most able to generate a goal for the team. LOL. You show em bird brain.

Post game MT says nothing about Patches, but opens up on PK and the evils of his " individualistic " play.

PK went against the game plan, which is to "PLAY NOT TO LOSE" and hope we catch a chance to score.

This organization has a rich history of tremendously skilled and creative talent and for decades now we are led by those who only know Trench warfare.

I say this organization dishonours the Jersey in its dazzling red, white and blue. Instead it must wear grey to resemble the style of play.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
That play and what followed is seared in my mind as it encapsulated much of what was/ is wrong with this organization.

PK did not do anything reckless. He did try to create a play to score a goal. He tries to win games.

On the counterattack the AVs were contained and all were covered up until Patches eased off and let his man break to the net, and goal scored.

Down a goal, MT then benches Patches and PK, the 2 guys on the team most able to generate a goal for the team. LOL. You show em bird brain.

Post game MT says nothing about Patches, but opens up on PK and the evils of his " individualistic " play.

PK went against the game plan, which is to "PLAY NOT TO LOSE" and hope we catch a chance to score.

This organization has a rich history of tremendously skilled and creative talent and for decades now we are led by those who only know Trench warfare.

I say this organization dishonours the Jersey in its dazzling red, white and blue. Instead it must wear grey to resemble the style of play.

Excellent post, couldn't agree more.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Il never forget that lol I remember being so mad at Patches and MT. Patches should have said something like that play is on me or something lol what a joke. Also remember that turnover right to stamkos's stick for a breakaway :laugh::laugh:

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Not a fan of spinorama or any kind of fancy moves in our zone while being the last player back. So yeah, i am not the biggest PK fan. Pacioretty frustrates me way more tho. At least PK had a lot of heart.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad