Habs player that frustrated you the most?

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Just being curious, whatever the age you have and how long you have been a Habs fan, who do you remember as the guy who frustrated you the most when on the Ice? Could be because of his lack of intensity, his errors, mental weakness, just not enough skills... whatever the reason!

Mine is Barry Richter. Everytime this guy was on the ice I was so frustrated to see how bad he was and did not understand why he was still with the big team!

Who's yours?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Probably not exactly the answer you're looking for, but for me it was Jan Bulis. And I guess Lars Eller, somewhat similar players. I always felt they could be great 3rd liners if not good 2nd liners, but for whatever reason things never clicked and away they had to go.

And Alexander Perezhogin. I thought he was going to be better than the Kostytsins, he showed nice skills and moves but then disappeared... I'm not sure how much his AHL stick chopping incident played a role.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Probably brisebois. Good outlet passer who was capable of making good plays with the puck, but he had so many brain cramps that aggrevated me. I should say that I liked him more when he came back though. It seems like he toned down on the really glaring errors at that point.

More recently, subban drove me nuts at times with needless penalties, and certain boneheaded plays, but overall, I loved his game alot more than I hated it.

Kovalev at his lowest points was also hard to watch.

Last edited:

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
If we are talking recent I would say Carey Price. I think he is much better than what he showed last year and I want to believe he was just in on the tank so we could get a good draft pick.

All time was Stephane Richer. Seems he would have a good year and then take one off.

Reactions: Fixxer and Peanut

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Patrick Traverse and Pierre Dagenais

I still remember the game-winning SO goal he had on a game he played less than 4min. The guy had great hands but couldn't skate

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Malakhov as far as talented players go because he had legit big time skills that he would only show once in a while. There's nothing more frustrating to me that a talented player who's wasting his potential like that.
Dagenais as far as jabroni players go because I never could understand his push to a top 6 role and I got more frustrated every game seeing it unfold. ''Slow ass'' was my pet nickname for him :laugh:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Price,

because he is a princess and a baby and pouts too much,

if he had the personality and attitude of Roy i would probably like him

For me, I have never liked Pacioretty. He scores and we have worse problems, but I have never been a fan of his soft, perimeter play. I remember when everyone applauded him for saying if you're not going to play me in the top 6 send me down. Like he was some messenger of truth sticking it to his boss, when really, he was whining and pouting. Torts called him out on team USA fro all the things we are critical of him for. I could never really stand him and then they went and made him captain, I think that has kind of made me resent him, he never should have been named captain.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Malakhov as far as talented players go because he had legit big time skills that he would only show once in a while. There's nothing more frustrating to me that a talented player who's wasting his potential like that.
Dagenais as far as jabroni players go because I never could understand his push to a top 6 role and I got more frustrated every game seeing it unfold. ''Slow ass'' was my pet nickname for him :laugh:

Malakov first name for me also. When he is “ on”, he was the best player on the ice. Too bad that dominance depended on his mood.

Reactions: ArsHabs and Fenris

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
For me, I have never liked Pacioretty. He scores and we have worse problems, but I have never been a fan of his soft, perimeter play. I remember when everyone applauded him for saying if you're not going to play me in the top 6 send me down. Like he was some messenger of truth sticking it to his boss, when really, he was whining and pouting. Torts called him out on team USA fro all the things we are critical of him for. I could never really stand him and then they went and made him captain, I think that has kind of made me resent him, he never should have been named captain.

I'm not surprised that you were critical of Pacioretty for wanting to develop back in the day.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Price,

because he is a princess and a baby and pouts too much,

if he had the personality and attitude of Roy i would probably like him

7C12542A-4C90-49F6-8DB6-CBCC37555981.gif

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Max Pac. - any playoff experience is just cringe worthy from him. Where does he go?

max is just too soft....the game gets a lot tougher in the playoffs compared to regular season....max just cant cut it in those rough and tough games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad