Habs player that frustrated you the most?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Jim Roberts. I was young and I just couldn't see why this guy was playing all the time.
Scotty Bowman loved Roberts. Had him in St.Louis when he coached the Blues to 3 straight finals and got Pollock to pick him up for the Habs in the 70's. Roberts was to Bowman what Stephane Matteau was to Mike Keenan.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Scotty Bowman loved Roberts. Had him in St.Louis when he coached the Blues to 3 straight finals and got Pollock to pick him up for the Habs in the 70's. Roberts was to Bowman what Stephane Matteau was to Mike Keenan.

Yeah, like he loved Jarvis. Another one I couldn't stand! :laugh:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, like he loved Jarvis. Another one I couldn't stand! :laugh:
Habs coaches being in love with grinders and checkers is nothing new. Talk all you want about Bergevin's, Therrien's and Julien's obsession with bottom six guys but Bowman loved his Roberts', his Gaineys, and his Jarvis'. Toe Blake loved Claude Provost. Demers loved Benoit Brunet.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Rejean Houle
The only Hab I remember missing the entire rink on a break away.
His management skills followed along those same lines. :eek:

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
It’s a coin toss between Price , Gomez and AK 47 for me.
On the opposite side, my all Time favorites were Roy, Lemaire, Robinson, Muller, Subban, Knuckles, Flower......guess I like karcateur and clutch players.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
All picks involved were 2nd rounders. You can essentially call the returns the same, considering we didn't know at the time whether the picks we got for Eller would be better or worse than the ones we gave up for Shaw. But you're right, the Shaw trade was pretty silly.
I think we knew 100% they would be worse. The picks we gave up for Shawzie were early 2nd round (39 and 45) in the immediate draft year. The picks we got for Eller were kicked down the road for two years and I don't think it is much of a shock that the Washington Capitals picks the last two years were late round.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Couldn't pick just one, there have been so many over the years. Most frustrating recently are Turtleneck, Casperetty and DD.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Habs coaches being in love with grinders and checkers is nothing new. Talk all you want about Bergevin's, Therrien's and Julien's obsession with bottom six guys but Bowman loved his Roberts', his Gaineys, and his Jarvis'. Toe Blake loved Claude Provost. Demers loved Benoit Brunet.
Don't forget Jacques Martin and his love for Mathieu Darche.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Plekanec in recent years. Half slappers right into the goalie’s crest every damn time.

Reactions: Deam78

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
- Scott Gomez and his goal line to blue line rushes that always resulted in nothing.
- Eller and his endless one-man cycling that led to nothing. Though once I gave up hope of him ever producing offense, I became a fan.
- Andrei Kostitsyn and his almost complete waste of talent, especially when you consider who else was picked in that draft.
- Patrick Traverse, who I maintain is the worst player I've seen get regular ice time in a Habs jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad