Habs player that frustrated you the most?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
A lot of candidates, but I will probably go with Lars Eller!

He managed to always disappoint me after some brilliant stretches...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Lars Eller hands down. So much talent to be a true force, so little to show for it.
He was one step forward, one back and one sideways............that being said, he was not used very well by Therrien, and we all saw what happened in the playoffs, he produced taking Backstrrom's place when needed, so we will always wonder...

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He was one step forward, one back and one sideways............that being said, he was not used very well by Therrien, and we all saw what happened in the playoffs, he produced taking Backstrrom's place when needed, so we will always wonder...

I think he has the tools to be even more than what he showed in these past playoffs. He is so good in so many areas of the game but his offensive creativity, my god it is a big fat zero. It is so frustrating to watch a player like that.

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
Doug Wickenheiser
René Bourque
Lars Eller
Max Pacioretty (What a moumoune!)
Carey Price (What a baboune!)

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
recently: The honestly first person to come to mind is Galchenyuk. He had so many horrible turnovers last year.
McCarron is another. I think he can be better than just a fighter but he feels he always has to fight.
Sometimes Price. He is a great puck handler but sometimes he is too nonchalant with the puck.
Shaw with the penalties.

double5son10

Jan 20, 2011
Denver
There've been many but a few standouts:

Every goalie after Dryden and before Roy. Varying levels of mediocrity that wasted good teams come playoff time.
Pierre Larouche- Had all the skill to be a legend if he'd given two sh***.
Petr Svoboda- Bigger teams like Boston and Philly targeted him relentlessly. The image of Svoboda being run over by Cam Neely is forever burned in my brain. And so many bad penalties.
Mike Ribeiro-What a waste, what an embarrassment.
Alex Kovalev-So skilled, but so candy-ass. Epitome of a Me First star. Cost the team their coach and their captain.
Scott Gomez-Mr. Perimeter

HM: Pat Burns. No one could choke off a players creativity quite like Burns could. Brian Skrudland on the PP? Sure, why not!

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Ryan White
Chris Campoli
Bryan Allen
Douglas Murray
David Desharnais

Off the top of my head
How can you be frustrated by players who had no talent to begin with? You can be frustrated with the GM who acquired them or the coach who let them play, but not with the players themselves because they were what they were. For a player to frustrate you, that player has to have actual talent and ability that he is either wasting or not using on a consistent basis. But the guys you mentioned had no talent to squander so they could never be disappointing. They were as talentless as they appeared to be.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Andrei Kostitsyn, he was still a solid player for the most part but he'd look absolutely dominant at times and would leave you wanting more.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
Lars Eller. Guy had great physical tools, but not a single brain cell

Oddly enough, I thought he really meshed with Andrei Kostitsyn who, like him, had no brain

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Seriously, he only scored a double overtime playoff series saver against Columbus, and then scored the Stanley Cup winning goal.. very little to show :naughty:

He can’t hear you with his ring in his ear.
Dave Bolland and Travis Moen also scored Cup winning goals. Great moment for Eller, but playing like a #2C for 24 games doesn't change him playing like a #3C for the eight years before.

Reactions: Laurentide

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Beaulieu was so frustrating to watch. Shot when he should've passed, pass when he should've shot. Always bad decision, but amazing toolkit.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think he has the tools to be even more than what he showed in these past playoffs. He is so good in so many areas of the game but his offensive creativity, my god it is a big fat zero. It is so frustrating to watch a player like that.
I know that he has flaws and I am a fan but go back and look at some video of the Caps playoff run and see who Trotz had on the ice when the going was rough and times were tense at the end of games. We do not know what a coach expects of players and what is talked about behind closed doors, some players are given the green light in spite of flaws and some are not.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Am I really the only one saying Gilbert? I've seen 8 year olds in pond hockey play better than his performance against the Bolts. What made me so mad is that once a blue moon, he pulls off a Bobby Orr-esque goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad