Proposal: Habs offer sheet Mantha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That’s one person’s opinion he’s hair under paid......personally I think he’s on a fair contract. What about Marner? Guy has a career high of 26 goals and might never break the 30 goal mark.......you don’t think he got more money then he’s worth due to the AM deal?

Who is worth more... Petry or Muzzin? I have them close. Are you saying the Habs can get Petry for $5.625M? :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thank you sir So the offer is a five year 8.7 million dollars Yzerman will have to match or take the first second and third . Habs recover a first for domi . Both picks ( the one going for Mantha and the one coming pack for domi will be in 2021 )

I think Yzerman matches it if there is not two 1st's included in the compensation. So to make it worth while, I'd go to $8.75M.

People afraid of the unprotected first is valid but we did that risk with Aho and it could have easily been Lafreniere. Even the Wings didn't win Lafreniere. Sens as well with their two picks. Some are too afraid to take a risk and don't realize that it likely means more middle of the pack years and we waste years of Price/Weber

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You know what, I like this offer. It's crazy enough to work. Now, there is no way Montreal signs him to the 2 year deal and lets him walk in UFA. Giving up 2 1sts should at least buy you some long term stability. Is Mantha worth that amount? No, but he could be. The potential with Mantha is legit, he can create offense with anyone and is also a solid defensive player too. If he stays healthy he is an 80+ point player on Detroit, the worst team in the league. Detroit fans wouldn't sign him to that deal, it's very rich for his services, which is exactly why it might work. The Aho deal needed to be two million dollars more a year in reality.

IMO, Mantha is the perfect player to offer sheet, he's talented enough where it could be worth it, yet unproven enough that his current team might not match. If you can identify a player that will make your team a Stanley Cup favorite if you get him, giving up 2 or more 1st round picks isn't a big deal, they would be de facto 2nd rounders anyway.

That said, I'm reasonably confident we give Mantha his big contract in the next month, but hey, this is the kind of logic fans need to even reasonably speculate on offer sheets.

This is the same logic that got Buffalo an 8 year, $72M contract for Skinner.

Ask Sabres fans how they're feeling about that.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
and what happens when youre RFA's and UFA's see what Mantha got and decide they want to be overpaid as well?

It doesn't matter, he's trading everyone else away. Gallagher, Domi and Tatar are all gone. His "strategy" is that all of the offence will come from people on entry level contracts and Mantha. He's trading away most of the teams offensive depth in order to justify paying $9.5 million for Mantha.

If you disagree with it that's only because he hasn't revealed the rest of his "plan."

Reactions: shortfuze

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I love even the Habs own fan base is ripping this guy, Suggesting a $9m-$9.5m offer sheet on Mantha. He's not worth that much and never will be worth that much.

Could be $8.75M too. It's not locked in place but I would offer the 2 Firsts, 1 Second, and 1 Third compensation type offer sheet. Makes Yzerman think. And if you think popularity on HF boards means anything... all the power to you. Keep following he herd of sheep

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I love even the Habs own fan base is ripping this guy, Suggesting a $9m-$9.5m offer sheet on Mantha. He's not worth that much and never will be worth that much.

It's pretty rare to see an eight page thread where *nobody* agrees with the OP, and yet the OP not only keep arguing, but is openly hostile to everyone that disagrees. How many laughing emojis has he posted in this thread alone?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It doesn't matter, he's trading everyone else away. Gallagher, Domi and Tatar are all gone. His "strategy" is that all of the offence will come from people on entry level contracts and Mantha. He's trading away most of the teams offensive depth in order to justify paying $9.5 million for Mantha.

If you disagree with it that's only because he hasn't revealed the rest of his "plan."

Check out post 151. You will be surprised who we keep and who we let go but I'm sure you still find something to complain about due to ignorance. Ignorance: Lack of Knowledge or information. This is how you are acting cause you didn't look at it in depth. You rather have a knee jerk criticize narrative. Weird. Ignorance is not an insult... it's me thinking you are missing the actual information

Can't wait to see you find something else to complain about now.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If I’m not mistaken will still have 5.3 million in cap for this year for either a left d upgrade or more scoring . We don’t have to panic for next year either. Allen’s contract comes off the books , Alzner’s buyout will be minimal , let Tatar walk .

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Who is worth more... Petry or Muzzin? I have them close. Are you saying the Habs can get Petry for $5.625M? :sarcasm:

Muzzin agreed to that deal pre covid and 7 months ago.......Petry has another year on his deal........so let’s say we ignore Covid factor assuming there will be meds for it by then.......if he doesn’t agreed to any deal by the end of next season that’s 1.5 years difference time period.......contracts increase every year so yeh Petry will have to be paid more then Muzzin.

Ive answered every one of your questions but you keep refusing to answer my question. Was Marner contract inflated by the AM contract? Simply yes or no.......

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If I’m not mistaken will still have 5.3 million in cap for this year for either a left d upgrade or more scoring . We don’t have to panic for next year either. Allen’s contract comes off the books , Alzner’s buyout will be minimal , let Tatar walk .

Without Domi signed but with everyone else signed... we have almost $10M in cap space.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think Yzerman matches it if there is not two 1st's included in the compensation. So to make it worth while, I'd go to $8.75M.

People afraid of the unprotected first is valid but we did that risk with Aho and it could have easily been Lafreniere. Even the Wings didn't win Lafreniere. Sens as well with their two picks. Some are too afraid to take a risk and don't realize that it likely means more middle of the pack years and we waste years of Price/Weber
Not in favour of the 2022 first rounder going to May not be required

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Could be $8.75M too. It's not locked in place but I would offer the 2 Firsts, 1 Second, and 1 Third compensation type offer sheet. Makes Yzerman think. And if you think popularity on HF boards means anything... all the power to you. Keep following he herd of sheep
So you're willing to offer that much for a player that's yet to break 50 points in a single season? And i yet i thought we Wings fans were bad, I'd be shocked if Bergevin threw an offer sheet Mantha's way i think he'd try and make a trade first remember Montreal will have some pretty hefty RFAs coming up in a few years and Detroit for some time will have the cap space to throw their own offer sheet at players like Caufield. what comes around goes around.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Muzzin agreed to that deal pre covid and 7 months ago.......Petry has another year on his deal........so let’s say we ignore Covid factor assuming there will be meds for it by then.......if he doesn’t agreed to any deal by the end of next season that’s 1.5 years difference time period.......contracts increase every year so yeh Petry will have to be paid more then Muzzin.

Ive answered every one of your questions but you keep refusing to answer my question. Was Marner contract inflated by the AM contract? Simply yes or no.......

Marner was asking for $10M before Nylander was signed from what I recall. Dubas didn't do it and decided to focus on signing Nylander and then let both Matthews and Marner finish their last ELC year.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
And for only 2 seasons...Mantha would be dumb to sign on for that taking into consideration his proclivity for injuries which could hurt his opportunities for another contract after that.

He would be better off staying in Detroit for less AAV, and longer term...Roughly $6 million (give or take $250K) for 4 to 6 years would be a much better move.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Then you change strategy. You offer a 2 year contract at $8.7M. If they match, he is a UFA in 2 years and you can circle back at that point.

Why on earth would he sign a two year deal? What a ridiculous, nonsensical suggestion you keep making as if just by offering it to him, he'll take it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And for only 2 seasons...Mantha would be dumb to sign on for that taking into consideration his proclivity for injuries which could hurt his opportunities for another contract after that.

He would be better off staying in Detroit for less AAV, and longer term...Roughly $6 million (give or take $250K) for 4 to 6 years would be a much better move.

Depends on the packages Yzerman is offering him. AAV vs Term. Nurse just signed a 2 year deal then UFA. Mantha could be pushing for that too if he don't get the long term AAV he is looking for.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'd much rather throw that kind of money at Hall, no assets lost and if things don't work out we could always flip him for picks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why on earth would he sign a two year deal? What a ridiculous, nonsensical suggestion you keep making as if just by offering it to him, he'll take it.

Nurse just signed a 2 year deal then UFA. You should relax and avoid the insults/frustration. AAV vs Term and buying UFA years is a big deal in Agent/NHL GM contract negotiations.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It's pretty rare to see an eight page thread where *nobody* agrees with the OP, and yet the OP not only keep arguing, but is openly hostile to everyone that disagrees. How many laughing emojis has he posted in this thread alone?
I know right, If Bergevin is actually dumb enough to throw a $9m-$9.5m offer sheet Mantha's way he can definitely have him and we'll gladly take the 2 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks 1 2021 1st round pick 1 2022 1st round pick and 1 2021 2nd round pick and 1 2021 3rd round pick and hope both seasons that Montreal is in the lottery.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd much rather throw that kind of money at Hall, no assets lost and if things don't work out we could always flip him for picks.

Hall says no and we go 4 seasons in a row with more than $5M in cap space. Congratulations... another season wasted of Price/Weber. I bet you criticize Bergevin for that down the road

Look at post 151... Potential roster and how it fits the cap for 21/22. You don't like it?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know right, If Bergevin is actually dumb enough to throw a $9m-$9.5m offer sheet Mantha's way he can definitely have him and we'll gladly take the 2 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks 1 2021 1st round pick 1 2022 1st round pick and 1 2021 2nd round pick and 1 2021 3rd round pick and hope both seasons that Montreal is in the lottery.

Lets change it to $8.75M. Still two 1st, 1 2nd, and 1 3rd. The point is to make Yzerman think. I think Yzerman matches with one less 1st.

If you think it's great for the Wings and terrible for the Habs, don't match and you are happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad