Proposal: Habs offer sheet Mantha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If he’s not happy with the money yzerman is offering I could see him considering an offer sheet .
Dude on what planet do you purchase a new home in the Detroit area? If you're not comfortable with the new deal you're about to receive. I'm pretty sure a deal is getting done here both to their likings here sooner rather then later.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Not really. It's about $2M in over payment. And the Habs have went 3 seasons in a row with over $5M in cap space. I looked at our fork in the road which is the 21/22 season and it's very workable. Post 151 I believe shows that.
It makes no sense whatsoever.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It makes no sense whatsoever.

You need to come up with context to move me off this. And my context is scattered on 13 pages. This is not some knee jerk offer sheet idea with no consideration to risks, team fit, and cap space. So try again and give me context.

- $8.7M for 5 years
- $2M over payment yes but it makes Yzerman think which is the point
- 2 Firsts, 1 Second, 1 Third as compensation if they don't match. Unprotected 1st yes.

Habs look like this for the 21/22 season (cap space projections)... post 151 (page 7)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Obviously he would be about $2M overpaid yes. You going to use our cap space on Hall? Or do you have plans to use our cap space on another Armia cap trade where we add another bottom 6 player?

What's your thoughts on OEL? Also too risky? :sarcasm:

Are you happy that we have season after season with $5M of cap space and the flaws on wing are no big deal?

Don't tell me the UFA plan is better.

You're not only giving up cap space during a time that it looks like that cap will be pretty flat for a few years. You're also giving up picks and making a guy that does not deserve it your second highest paid player after Price. You're giving a huge salary to a guy that has never even reached 50 points and has had his share of injuries the last two season with what 50 or so games missed?

Not worth it.

As for OEL, I said it a Habs board thread I'd be up for the Habs acquiring him as the left handed d they have needed since Markov left.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Dude on what planet do you purchase a new home in the Detroit area? If you're not comfortable with the new deal you're about to receive. I'm pretty sure a deal is getting done here both to their likings here sooner rather then later.

LOL your posts in this thread are like a child having a temper tantrum.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're not only giving up cap space during a time that it looks like that cap will be pretty flat for a few years. You're also giving up picks and making a guy that does not deserve it your second highest paid player after Price. You're giving a huge salary to a guy that has never even reached 50 points and has had his share of injuries the last two season with what 50 or so games missed?

Not worth it.

As for OEL, I said it a Habs board thread I'd be up for the Habs acquiring him as the left handed d they have needed since Markov left.

How the 21/22 season looks (not next year... the fork in the road for the season after).... I don't see cap issues? (See below). If Kucherov and Point can be bridged, so can Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Romanov and others. I've looked at this more in depth than you have. I'm sure of it!

OEL: I'm game for that option too. As long as the idea is they want to sell like the Preds did with Subban. Willing to give more than what Subban got though.

9j1bzN8.png

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Maybe because most Hab fans on here are acting like kids, Honestly if Yzerman were low balling Mantha he wouldn't have just purchased a new home. Common sense tells you that but Hab fans have no common sense.
Did you know that people buy and sell homes all the time ? If you were offered 6.5 million from yzerman but your agent called up and said Montreal wants to give you 8.75 would you care if you had to sell a home . There are homes everywhere.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Just one delusional Hab fan, Thinking that Mantha is worth 5 x $8.75m. Mantha isn't worth more then 5 x 6.75m to 5 x $7.0m per and that's being generous.
Do you understand the concept of an offer sheet. You offer MORE than the player is worth otherwise the offer will be matched.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Do you understand the concept of an offer sheet. You offer MORE than the player is worth otherwise the offer will be matched.

They understand it but rather not acknowledged it and make insults. It's funny how some Wings fans brag about the compensation being a win for them but them make fun of Habs fans for even attempting it. Even some Habs fans don't acknowledge that you have to pay more to pry them away in an offer sheet. I've heard some of them call Mantha just some 40 pts forward. :laugh:

This is an interesting offer sheet idea. Wings have tons of cap space which is not the issue. I think they are insulted that someone thought about offer sheeting Mantha. What does it matter to Wings fans if they feel the futures is a win for them? They should say thank you right? :sarcasm:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Just one delusional Hab fan, Thinking that Mantha is worth 5 x $8.75m. Mantha isn't worth more then 5 x 6.75m to 5 x $7.0m per and that's being generous.
I athink s 5 yr 7 million deal for mantra sounds just about right . In Montreal however we really want a big scorer to help the powerplay and there are not a whole lot of them to go around . It wouldn’t bother me if he got overpaid by 1.5 million because he fits what we need to a T . That and I’m not paying for it out of my pocket .

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Did you know that people buy and sell homes all the time ? If you were offered 6.5 million from yzerman but your agent called up and said Montreal wants to give you 8.75 would you care if you had to sell a home . There are homes everywhere.
Bottom line you don't purchase a home if you know that your GM is low balling you on your contract. Try using a little common sense here. Or is common sense above all Hab fans heads.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Bottom line you don't purchase a home if you know that your GM is low balling you on your contract. Try using a little common sense here. Or is common sense above all Hab fans heads.
If yzerman receives an offer from bergevin that he just can’t refuse ( hypothetically speaking say caufield romanov and two firsts - this is HYPOTHETICAL now Habs fans) , do you think Steve yzerman would say to bergevin , “yeah I can’t take that offer marc, you see Anthony just bought a home “.

bretpatrick7

Apr 17, 2015
lol. We just went like 3 seasons with $5M+ in cap space. I don't care if we overpay him. The point is you offer a very high contract or don't bother at all.
Just because you got cap space, doesnt mean you should start overpaying players, eventually that cap space runs out and you miss opportunities where you could/should overpay a bit.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This thread is great! Montreal fans being trolled by one of their own!

How it's made it this far without being closed is a mystery to all of us.

Eesh.

... I hope $7.5M wouldn't upset you, because that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->