Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Oiltown

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not sure if this is up to date or not but according to this from statmuse the Habs have 32 OT related points in 22 OT games played this season. The Leafs and B's tied for 1st with 33 points each. The Habs only have 15 regulation time wins in 68 games played. Yikes.

The top 10 for OT related points.

View attachment 838764

Like I said in GDT, Boston is actually leading the way. Generally teams that do & make the playoffs don't fare well. I expect the Bruins may be 1st round fodder again - unless they play the Leafs; in which case, 2nd round.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm still trying to determine what that Pezzetta Carrick fight actually accomplished in the grand scheme of things.:laugh:
We still ended up with the same not too physical speed contest we always get against them.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lol the game. Today was rough. I had to fire and have charged a long time employee. He's been stealing equipment, and selling it to a competitor for years. The estimate so far is in the 2 mil range.
So sorry to hear that. I hope you can recover from it. If your employee squandered the money, seems to me there might be a case to be made against your competitor who knew or should have known that the equipment he was buying, was being sold illegally. I wish you a successful outcome.

That employee sounds like Scott Gomez, René Bourque and Mike Hoffman all wrapped into one -- guys who were so unreliable at their jobs that they were actually stealing from the Habs.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
So sorry to hear that. I hope you can recover from it. If your employee squandered the money, seems to me there might be a case to be made against your competitor who knew or should have known that the equipment he was buying, was being sold illegally. I wish you a successful outcome.

That employee sounds like Gomez, René Bourque or Mike Hoffman -- guys who were so unreliable at their jobs that they were stealing from the Habs.
Thank you. I'll be okay, since insurance has been replacing the items. Causing my insurance rates to increase. What hurts the most is I brought this kid on 20 years ago as a student. I mentored him, and continued to give him responsibilities, as he was able to overcome any obsticle I put in front of him.

My employees are paid well, so any of them buying a new car, or bigger home. Never set off any warning signs. It's too early to tell what he's done with the money. Since this has been going on for five plus years. Oh the company he's been selling too is gonna get a smack. I'm tempted to buy them out, then crush them like a grape lol

This kid was more like Suzuki. Came in at a young age, and showed great leadership qualities. I'm usually pretty good at judging people. Well, I guess I'm not as good as I thought lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thank you. I'll be okay, since insurance has been replacing the items. Causing my insurance rates to increase. What hurts the most is I brought this kid on 20 years ago as a student. I mentored him, and continued to give him responsibilities, as he was able to overcome any obsticle I put in front of him.

My employees are paid well, so any of them buying a new car, or bigger home. Never set off any warning signs. It's too early to tell what he's done with the money. Since this has been going on for five plus years. Oh the company he's been selling too is gonna get a smack. I'm tempted to buy them out, then crush them like a grape lol

This kid was more like Suzuki. Came in at a young age, and showed great leadership qualities. I'm usually pretty good at judging people. Well, I guess I'm not as good as I thought lol
Sounds like you’re a caring and responsible owner.

I hope you’ve retained a good lawyer.

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Bottom line
Need talent
This is true.

It's very hard to win with one and half forward lines and group of young defencemen. Is there a team in the NHL that has a weaker bottom two lines?

Its a testament to the strength of our core (top) players that we are competitive in so many games. We are closer to once again becoming relevant than many think.

Great game by this team.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Sounds like you’re a caring and responsible owner. Even if insurance covers you, you still lost on the deductible and you’ll be incurring policy renewal cost increases overall several years that you wouldn’t have had to face were it not for the actions of your employer and your competitor.

No doubt your insurance will ask to be subrogated into your rights in order to recoup what they are covering you for. I would want to make sure that you can reserve the right to sue both the employee and competition for the deductible, future policy increases and damages that go beyond the replacement of what you lost (punitive damages).

Most of the time I am. Though some (behind my back) call me Napoleon, since I can be a bit of an asshole lol Also Louie (Danny DeVito) from Taxi.

Yes sadly my rates have gone up over the years. Just the cost of business I guess. For now, I have attorney's who will be looking after this whole mess. I'm just grateful for now that this was caught.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Most of the time I am. Though some (behind my back) call me Napoleon, since I can be a bit of an asshole lol Also Louie (Danny DeVito) from Taxi.

Yes sadly my rates have gone up over the years. Just the cost of business I guess. For now, I have attorney's who will be looking after this whole mess. I'm just grateful for now that this was caught.
Above all, thanks for sharing what happened. You’re such a stand up guy and you always sound genuine. I feel terrible that you have to go through this. Makes one lose faith in humanity sometimes. Hoping it all works out.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Again just adding Dach and Dvorak to this line up and it feel like we could win this game. Love that We aren’t rolling over, we can’t out tank the bottom 4 anyway. Florida, TB, BOS, EDM we all push them to the limit so felling optimistic about next season with the possibility of some move over the summer, G situation fix, D progressing, Dach coming back this team will fight for a playoff spot.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Sorry to hear that buddy. Hopefully he wasn't stealing things of an intellectual nature, but either way, it sucks especially since you invested alot in him.

I guess it's better you got to the bottom of this now than later.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Again just adding Dach and Dvorak to this line up and it feel like we could win this game. Love that We aren’t rolling over, we can’t out tank the bottom 4 anyway. Florida, TB, BOS, EDM we all push them to the limit so felling optimistic about next season with the possibility of some move over the summer, G situation fix, D progressing, Dach coming back this team will fight for a playoff spot.

With the snail race going on this year in the east, who knows? Maybe there will be a spot for the Habs next year.

It's shocking to me that the Caps are right there. They have not looked good at all from the times I've watched them.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
Sounds like you’re a caring and responsible owner. Even if insurance covers you, you still lost on the deductible and you’ll be incurring policy renewal cost increases over several years that you wouldn’t have had to face were it not for the actions of your competitor and your employee.

No doubt your insurance will ask to be subrogated into your rights in order to recoup what they are covering you for. I would want to make sure that you can reserve the right to sue both the employee and competitor for the deductible, future policy cost increases and damages that go beyond the replacement of what you lost (punitive damages).

Sorry for your loss, I understand the breach of trust is just as hard to deal with than the money. I had to do the same a couple years ago, but I only came out short about 5k. No insurance however

In my experience, if you didn’t see any extravagant purchases or too much of a change in character, there’s a good chance it’s gambling money. Most functional addiction there is to funnel tons of cash and still look the usual from the outside. Did he come in tired and complaining of bad sleep from time to time? Signs of a bender

Reactions: Habs10Habs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
When they go to review for the 4 min, they should look at the integral play, not only the high stick
Agreed but not sure the refs have the right to do so, I suspect they are mandated to review the specific call but I don’t know that for a fact

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oilers been hottest team in league since Dec, 21st. Get a point against them impressive. I thought Armia was among our best players. He's playing like he did during cup run. He's been injured a lot last 3 years probably played role in his lackluster play at times. Should make good bottom 6 forward for us next season.

Wifi with solid game. Guhle good game.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
He was bleeding from the nose. I actually remarked in the GDT at least there was some real blood.
Not like that call against Boston where I'm still looking for a droplet.
WTF do the Bruin trainer's come out on the ice with a spotted towel. :sarcasm:
Nah, a great old Ric Flair blood capsule lad!!

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia