Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Oiltown

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great movie but so sad.
Yeah, can't help but feel bad for all of those who were easy preys for the scavengers in the movie.

That scene with the steak knives was epic -- it really stood out vs the rest of the film, which is rather slow and desolate.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
KJ. King Joshua.

I dunno, anything but "wawa".
I fully endorse the latter. Not sure about the former. :D

Yeah, can't help but feel bad for all of those who were easy preys for the scavengers in the movie.

That scene with the steak knives was epic -- it really stood out vs the rest of the film, which is rather slow and desolate.
I dunno, Al Pacino spazzing on Kevin Spacey might be a more epic scene.

Plus Jack Lemmon inspiring Old Gill from the Simpsons.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
High stick penalties do not require any judgment from the refs. They see the stick hits the face plus blood and it's an automatic 4 min penalty. Basically they say that you are responsible for your stick no matter what.

So you want a pp ? Hold an opponent stick and scratch your face with it. You'll get 2 minutes they'll get 4 😀

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah. It was just bad luck.
I was saying in the GDT I don't get why people are ragging on Armia.
I'll go even further saying I have NO INTEREST in trading this Joel Armia.
I'd like to find out if THIS Yoelle, can start next season in the kind of form he's shown in the past 6 weeks.

Given how it's a contract year for him next year, I expect him to do it.

I fully endorse the latter. Not sure about the former. :D
Just like I fully endorse that crazed laughing individual that used to be your avy. :D

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Armia stole the show before he pulled a Gallagher. Not blaming him though he was top line material.

Armia, Newhook, Roy line has been regularly interesting to watch.

Gally, Evans, Armia, Guhle were great.
Harris showed why he's played more than the other interchangeable def.
White, barely NHL level
Pez, barely used

Anderson, unbearable to watch. What an horrible contract.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He can make it very hard for Hughes to decide what to do with him. Will we be able to find an adequate replacement.
A guy with Yoelle's history, you can only sign him to a short deal -- and even then, maybe some other GM might offer more. I'm not convinced his current performances are sustainable just because there is a long history of him sitting on his beefy Bergevin contract.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A guy with Yoelle's history, you can only retain him with a short contract. I'm not convinced his current performances are sustainable just because there is a long history of him sitting on his beefy Bergevin contract.
Trying to decide if his mind set has changed for the good or if he feels he's an important part of this team all play into it.
Armia has never had a lack of talent. I'm always harping on the Size/Talent quotient on this club which makes it hard.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Yeah. It was just bad luck.
I was saying in the GDT I don't get why people are ragging on Armia.
I'll go even further saying I have NO INTEREST in trading this Joel Armia.
Armia has been one of our best player since coming back from Laval, he is been very noticeable lately but even when he isn’t he still isn’t hurting you.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Not sure if this is up to date or not but according to this from statmuse the Habs have 32 OT related points in 22 OT games played this season. The Leafs and B's tied for 1st with 33 points each. The Habs only have 15 regulation time wins in 68 games played. Yikes.

The top 10 for OT related points.

OT.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad