Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Oiltown

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Whatever the Oilers think they are, they are not.

Again a point in a meaningless season, but I won’t tell the players that. They came to play as usual.
The Oilers are much better than we saw tonight, they played on cruise control for most of the game and that isn't meant as a slight toward our young Habs but they have so many weapons over there.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
-Me: Damn, I hope the Habs don't play in OT tonight
-The 31 other NHL teams:
spy-x-family-anya-forger-smiles-doodle.gif

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Hard to be mad tonight.
Great effort by the guys.
Tough luck on that 4 min penalty.
Maybe the rule should be amended because it was pretty ridiculous to get penalized on something caused by an interference from a player of the other team.

Anyway this was a fun game nonetheless

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Played well. Per usual Oilers had to be gifted PPs in order to win. That 4 minutes call was absolutele bullshit. The hook was even worse considering the refs ignored a blatant trip on Montreal 10 seconds before it.

Oilers going out 2nd round again.

Evans played a great game. Loved the give & go between Slafkovsky & Suzuki for Suzuki's goal. Guhle's was nice too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Oilers could interfere, Habs weren’t allowed to.
I love how Slaf bowled his way through it. We haven't had a forward who could do that since John LeClaire.

Guhle was outstanding tonight.
That is what I expect from a RESPONSIBLE Dman. He has always been far better than Mike Matheson at knowing when to go.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The Oilers are much better than we saw tonight, they played on cruise control for most of the game and that isn't meant as a slight toward our young Habs but they have so many weapons over there.
Tell you the truth, they look like the team that decomposes in the last 5 playoffs I’ve seen them lose in.

They don’t scare anyone.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Great game, Habs played really hard and physical. Slaf was imposing his will along the boards and Suzuki was being Suzuki although he did get beat by the best player in the world at the end there.

Armia had a great game too, he needs to play like that every game next year. The whole Newhook line really stepped up, and you can see how much better the team is rolling when it's not all on the first line. Newhook - Dach - Armia could make for a good second line next year.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If that... If someone hits you from behind and your stick hits them in the face it isn't matching penalites...

The Oiler committed the infraction that caused the penalty. Very obvious decision unless you're an attention seeking sicko like NHL refs are.
Rules clearly state a player is responsible for his stick at ALL times, but Kane should’ve received an interference call offsetting the PP IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad