Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5- 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
If Habs trade for Duchene and with Weber healthy and Price in net; dont think habs gotta tank this year.

and as a Leaf fan am not liking that Bergevin somehow drafted a stud in Kotkaniemi. this guy is going to be good. Already reading plays and dishing the puck well at freakin' 18 years old.....

Also saw Julien changed your systems; montreal is playing much faster than last season

o_O

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The product on the ice will affect sales though. People are paying good money to see quality. What we have is still a bunch of rejects.
If we field a borefest of a team and people don't fill the seats, the coach and GM's seats will get hot. Our center depth is ****ing awful without Kotka and none of them can score ****ing goals.

Hey man, I wish you'll be right, but I have lost all hope in this organization. Some good moves here and there can happen, but it's all smoke and mirrors. They have no vision, no structure, no plan, and no leadership.
Honestly, it makes no sense for Molson to have stuck with Bergevin. None. Even if you want to argue it's for financial reasons, there is no way he sticks with a damaging GM that will poison his team further just not to fire him. The only logical answer is that he still believes in him, and if that's the case, then he knows this season will suck, so it's more about the future.
If we suck the following season with seemingly no improvement, if Galch does well and Domi not, if Serg is still ahead of Drouin, if Patches blossoms in Vegas while Tartar is traded out again....well, if those things happen, okay, I can see Molson being under too much pressure and fire him.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I'm in. I just don't want him in the tire fire for an 82 game season. We have only have one chance with him, let's not rush him. 9 games would be great.
Exactly. This is f***ing preseason, where people are going at half power. It's basically going against Frieza's first form but there's another level once the regular season starts. Give him a taste, but let him grow into the role. For every McDavid or Crosby, there's a Draisatl who needs the seasoning before the dominate the NHL. Not to mention that there are headhunters in this league who are chomping at the bit to take his head off.

durojean

May 29, 2007
my lineup

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Peca Domi
Lekhonen Kotkaniemi Armia
Hudon Plekanec Byron

Mete Petry
Rielly Juulsen
Ouellet Schlemko

Niemi

Reactions: HankyZetts

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Good game for the habs, pretty poor effort by the leafs but marner anderson and the PP got the leafs through, I thought the habs were the better team. I liked Kotk he isnt that quick but he is smart positionally and seems like he has high iq/sees the ice well.

IMO though i didnt like petry's game at all.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Exactly. This is ****ing preseason, where people are going at half power. It's basically going against Frieza's first form but there's another level once the regular season starts. Give him a taste, but let him grow into the role. For every McDavid or Crosby, there's a Draisatl who needs the seasoning before the dominate the NHL. Not to mention that there are headhunters in this league who are chomping at the bit to take his head off.
Who said Kotka is not going at half power also? :laugh:

Reactions: Hardworker33

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
Good game

lol people blaming Carey

I don’t care about preseason but can’t complain about people blaming price right or wrong. When you get paid like that, you will constantly have people critiquing your play. I’ve never understood why Price was always exempt from critique.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I was really hoping Habs would be a lottery team this year and maybe add another top level talent like Kotka..but should've known that was too good to be true. This team will probably compete for that last playoff spot in right up until the end, especially if Price is decent.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
AB540D7C-2655-4998-B61B-90F5EF1DBA71.jpeg
Exactly. This is ****ing preseason, where people are going at half power. It's basically going against Frieza's first form but there's another level once the regular season starts. Give him a taste, but let him grow into the role. For every McDavid or Crosby, there's a Draisatl who needs the seasoning before the dominate the NHL. Not to mention that there are headhunters in this league who are chomping at the bit to take his head off.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Good point. Oilers are definitely on course of messing up Draisatl.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Excellent game from mtl.we controlled play 5 on 5 for the most part.i cant believe how fast we look.eliminate those defensive miscues and we win.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
How can you watch that kid and think he's being rushed is beyond me...

It would be very hard on Jesperi to play so well, and then be told he has to return to Finland.

If he does stay, he needs to get plenty of playing time with skill players, so he can improve his offensive game.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
I don’t care about preseason but can’t complain about people blaming price right or wrong. When you get paid like that, you will constantly have people critiquing your play. I’ve never understood why Price was always exempt from critique.

Its ok to critique Price but do it on goals he should have had, you don't see him letting a Schlemko Slap shot top of the circle unscreened clean in. Most people love to crap on him for every goal no matter how bad of a defensive breakdown because of his 'Price' tag.

Last edited:

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Hey man, I wish you'll be right, but I have lost all hope in this organization. Some good moves here and there can happen, but it's all smoke and mirrors. They have no vision, no structure, no plan, and no leadership.
Honestly, it makes no sense for Molson to have stuck with Bergevin. None. Even if you want to argue it's for financial reasons, there is no way he sticks with a damaging GM that will poison his team further just not to fire him. The only logical answer is that he still believes in him, and if that's the case, then he knows this season will suck, so it's more about the future.
If we suck the following season with seemingly no improvement, if Galch does well and Domi not, if Serg is still ahead of Drouin, if Patches blossoms in Vegas while Tartar is traded out again....well, if those things happen, okay, I can see Molson being under too much pressure and fire him.

The other possibility is that Geoff Molson was overly involved in team decisions, rather than letting Bergevin and others do their jobs. Perhaps after the disaster that was last year, Molson finally decided to get out of the way. You have to admit that some amazing things happened since last season ended. One example: The Centre position has been a problem for a long time, yet only this year did the team actually make drafting Centres a priority. So there was a change there, something different. Why was it different? We don't know. But there are only two logical reasons why Bergevin still has his job: #1 Firing him is too expensive. #2 Geoff Molson was responsible for a lot of the poor decisions that were made, not Bergevin.

Also, since when do our first round draft picks actually work out? But we are seeing one work out, right now.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Carey for sure is allowed to get critiqued, but that was not critique. that was blind hatred

if people SAW the goals, theyd realize no NHL goalie saves all of those goals..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad