Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5- 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
The product on the ice will affect sales though. People are paying good money to see quality. What we have is still a bunch of rejects.
If we field a borefest of a team and people don't fill the seats, the seats will get hot. Our center depth is ****ing awful without Kotka and none of them can score ****ing goals.

Gotta agree with KrissE here. I think Bergevin is nowhere near the hot seat, and it would require a season so catastrophic for that seat to slide under his purple pants.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Fair enough.

Bergevin might want Kotka up for his ego or to "rub it in" that he needed a "real center".
There is no harm in giving the kid some NHL games. He looks like he can handle it and by game 38 it should be 100% clear if he needs AHL or FEL time. Also why wasn't Mete out late in the game? he looked really solid as well. Marner was INSANE tonight even by my homer standards he was beast.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I know a lot of posters don't really like the guy but Schlemko had a solid game and clearly solidified his spot.

Even Benn was not that bad...

Wait, what ?

Hey guys, I ate a rats entrails raw and with the seasoning it wasn't all that bad ! Much better than fresh feces out of the microwave.

This is essentially Schlemlo and Benn's culinary version.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Living in the past here, but having Markov instead of Alzner would be so helpful for that D-Core.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
There is no harm in giving the kid some NHL games. He looks like he can handle it and by game 38 it should be 100% clear if he needs AHL or FEL time. Also why wasn't Mete out late in the game? he looked really solid as well. Marner was INSANE tonight even by my homer standards he was beast.
This is no point is losing a year of the ELC just to show he can playing in the NHL this year. We're not contending for anything this season.

The (First) Cups of a corps are built on the backs of elite yet cheap labor maturing together. Losing a year of him while he is dirt cheap is poor planning for the ultimate goal if you care about winning the cup.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Wait, what ?

Hey guys, I ate a rat entrails raw and with the seasoning it wasn't all that bad ! Much better than fresh feces out of the microwave.

This is essentially Schlemlo and Benn's culinary version.
Exactly what I was talking about...

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I know a lot of posters don't really like the guy but Schlemko had a solid game and clearly solidified his spot.

Schlemko is fine. He's an NHLer, not a great or even good one but I can see him play on a cup winning roster's third pairing any day.

Benn, I'm done with. "Not that bad" is quite literally the best kind of performance teams get out of him. Seems like a good dude, got nothing against him, but even I don't think the Habs D corps is bad enough to have him on their roster, and we ain't exactly talking about a world-beating unit.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Living in the past here, but having Markov instead of Alzner would be so helpful for that D-Core.

I don't see what both have to do with each other :sarcasm:.

Markov was a LD looking for 4.5M, how's that have anything to do with Karlzner ? MB didn't have enough money for Markov, and that's in no way related to Alzner.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

I agree on Schlemko, but Benn is no longer an nhl caliber player... he's a slow, soft, turn over machine

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Schlemko is fine. He's an NHLer, not a great or even good one but I can see him play on a cup winning roster's third pairing any day.

Benn, I'm done with. "Not that bad" is quite literally the best kind of performance teams get out of him. Seems like a good dude, got nothing against him, but even I don't think the Habs D corps is bad enough to have him on their roster, and we ain't exactly talking about a world-beating unit.

Totally agree. Normally player as skilled as Benn (minimal skill and speed) are at least mean and tough... he isn't

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I agree on Schlemko, but Benn is no longer an nhl caliber player... he's a slow, soft, turn over machine

He turns the puck over more often the Scherbak. You don't hear about it cause Houde has a soft spot for him. I wish the play the play guy would not be in love with Benn and would call all his bad plays. That would be entertaining.

Reactions: jfhabs

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Was he ever an NHL caliber player ?
ON a bad defense yeah kind of. On a good defense nope he never was. He was bad with dallas too but Dallas had and still has a crap defense. If your defense *** anyway why not play the brother of your super star? Makes total sense from a management perspective.

Reactions: Andrei79

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Benn is the 7th D for me at this point.

I don't see this organization waving him, pretty sure he's a solid vet and respected in the room and so on...

Reilly-Petry
Mete-Juulsen
Alzner-Schlemko
Benn

is what they will go for IMO.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Was he ever an NHL caliber player ?
After we traded for him, he did very well tbh... I guess he was just lucky with bounces or something. Maybe he didn't take his training/conditioning seriously enough. Could be personal problems too, who knows, who cares... he's bad

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Reilly Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Schlemko
Alzner

Probably better to waive Alzner and let Benn be in the press box. Great if Alzner gets claimed, if not, it's still better than losing Benn for nothing. Better to have him in Laval in case of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad