Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5- 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Can't believe some people think Mete should be sent down to the AHL.
Ya this is beyond the are you serious man comment. Really have to question what they’ve been watching. How is it even a serious argument with some is beyond me. Looking way better yet this year too.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
This is no point is losing a year of the ELC just to show he can playing in the NHL this year. We're not contending for anything this season.

The (First) Cups of a corps are built on the backs of elite yet cheap labor maturing together. Losing a year of him while he is dirt cheap is poor planning for the ultimate goal if you care about winning the cup.

So we send him back to Finland for what, 3 years? Because we aren't gonna compete for at least 3 years. And then he'll need time to adjust to NHL level and then when he's ready to compete, Price/Weber will be in their late 30's...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This is no point is losing a year of the ELC just to show he can playing in the NHL this year. We're not contending for anything this season.

The (First) Cups of a corps are built on the backs of elite yet cheap labor maturing together. Losing a year of him while he is dirt cheap is poor planning for the ultimate goal if you care about winning the cup.
I thought the 1st yr still slid as long as its less that 39gp or is that the 9 games thing still?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
After we traded for him, he did very well tbh... I guess he was just lucky with bounces or something. Maybe he didn't take his training/conditioning seriously enough. Could be personal problems too, who knows, who cares... he's bad

That 13 games was likely the only time in his life where he looked like he could handle 15 mins of NHL ice time.

My theory is that he was either popping NZT-48, which for his talent level could only bring him up to mediocre, and he ran out of them or there's a Prestige thing going on where a secret twin who's actually decent at hockey got killed and now he has to actually play.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
That 13 games was likely the only time in his life where he looked like he could handle 15 mins of NHL ice time.

My theory is that he was either popping NZT-48, which for his talent level could only bring him up to mediocre, and he ran out of them or there's a Prestige thing going on where a secret twin who's actually decent at hockey got killed and now he has to actually play.
For whatever reason, being traded in itself could create a "high" in which the player simply is just more motivated, energized, focused, whatever and they play above their normal levels. Or it could be his partner bailing him out. Who was Benn's partner at that time?

Reactions: Andrei79

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ya this is beyond the are you serious man comment. Really have to question what they’ve been watching. How is it even a serious argument with some is beyond me. Looking way better yet this year too.
Just turned 20 years old in June!

This kid's a damn gem! Timmins struck gold with this pick!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
There is no harm in giving the kid some NHL games. He looks like he can handle it and by game 38 it should be 100% clear if he needs AHL or FEL time. Also why wasn't Mete out late in the game? he looked really solid as well. Marner was INSANE tonight even by my homer standards he was beast.
Same thing in junior man. Exactly the same.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For whatever reason, being traded in itself could create a "high" in which the player simply is just more motivated, energized, focused, whatever and they play above their normal levels. Or it could be his partner bailing him out. Who was Benn's partner at that time?

Petry.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If Habs trade for Duchene and with Weber healthy and Price in net; dont think habs gotta tank this year.

and as a Leaf fan am not liking that Bergevin somehow drafted a stud in Kotkaniemi. this guy is going to be good. Already reading plays and dishing the puck well at freakin' 18 years old.....

Also saw Julien changed your systems; montreal is playing much faster than last season

Reactions: cphabs

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'm very impressed with Kotkaniemi! I'm very pleased with the pick and he could be a good centre in a very long term, I prefer to see him top lines and third line throughout this season if they're keeping him. He's an amazing player, it was a complete blank to as how he plays but he transition very well and I think I won't ever stop loving this kid.

Reactions: Redux91

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Gave the game away on 2 goals on the PP. Its still pre season but this is what we should expect this season.

Leafs PP is going to be deadly. Wasn't to impressed with them 5v5 but they will still have a ton of fire power this year. I still think BOS and TB will probably be better than them. Teams are just going to really have to avoid going to the box against them.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Team played well overall. Biggest issues are special teams. Leafs have a downright nasty pp, tons of skill, but we have to look competitive out there on the pk. Petry's 2 huge errors changed the game. Not going to dwell on the result of a preseason game, the play and pace from the team was good. Lost focus at the end. Lets see if the pace they played with is sustainable.

Reactions: cphabs

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Gotta give him the 9 games at least.

I'm fine with the 9-game try out or even less. He doesn't necessarily need to reach 9 games. However, even if he's doing well, I'd prefer him being returned to Finland.

I'm in. I just don't want him in the tire fire for an 82 game season. We have only have one chance with him, let's not rush him. 9 games would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad