Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5- 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Pac is at a .72 ppg in his career, Tatar has a .53 ppg in his career. There's a very big difference between a guy that gets you about 60 pts a year on average vs one that gets just over 40 pts a year. Look I couldn't stand to watch Pac but he is what he is, a guy that was frustrating but put up a lot of points.

Only 2 players from the 2007 draft have scored more goals then Pac, Patrick Kane and Benn. Only 3 players have more points, Kane, Benn and Vorachek. Clearly he's one of the best players from the '07 draft, one of the leagues best goal scorers 5 on 5. We'll see how he does this year, I will be shocked if he struggles like last season.
You've said basically what I said except you avoided stating his many flaws as a hockey player. Yes he put up points in the regular season but disappeared when the games meant something. So I take exception to your statement that he was one of the best players from the 07 draft. He was one of the best point producers but he was far from one of the best players. He is a complementary player.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
Carey for sure is allowed to get critiqued, but that was not critique. that was blind hatred

if people SAW the goals, theyd realize no NHL goalie saves all of those goals..

But you're no paying Carey to make stops every goalie should stop. You're paying him to make stops he shouldn't have. You see? When you get paid like that, you're expected to do what others can't. Not saying it's fair...but that's just how it is.

Carey gets a lot of hate, but he also gets a lot of coddling. I'm somewhere in the middle.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
But you're no paying Carey to make stops every goalie should stop. You're paying him to make stops he shouldn't have. You see? When you get paid like that, you're expected to do what others can't. Not saying it's fair...but that's just how it is.

Carey gets a lot of hate, but he also gets a lot of coddling. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Nobody can save this defense. Niemi had a save % close to 930 last year and was stopping mostly everything and yet he gave almost 2.5 goals a game (which is a lot for a 930 save %) and lost 9 games out of 16 games. If Benn, Alzner and Schlemko are all part of the defense be ready for the 2.6-2.8 gaa and even Hasek would not save the day.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

"Final" contracts are rewards for past performance not a demand to perform in the future. The ELC and the first big contract after the ELC are the contracts that make a player chomp at the bit during their most productive years.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Guys don't be too quick to fall in love with Tatar. This is pre-season. Wait until the season is over. Unless Tatar has changed the guy i saw with the wings will quickly become the whipping boy in Montreal.
What did you see with the wings that makes you think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad