Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5- 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Is Kotka NHL ready? Yes.

But is it the best decision to keep him here? IMHO I don't think so.

I don't think the NHL is the place to develop his offensive game. Especially not in Montreal. He'd better off in Finland. It'd be okay though to give him 9 games. But keep him away from this dreadful team.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Lol
Special teams are needed to win. Your post makes zero sense
We
Allowed 5 goals but not one 5vs 5.
That’s a bad sign. Really bad sign
:facepalm:

We allowed two f***ing goals on the PP!!!

Do you really think we will allow 2 goals when we're on the PP every second night?!

Go get a nap or something...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm all for the him getting some regular season games in. It was the same with Sergachev a few years ago. He earned his spot to start the year but they ended up sending him back to Windsor.
I thought Kotkaniemi looked twice as good as Sergachev in their first years. Sergachev struggled immensely in the regular season though, so they sent him back. Opposite happened for Mete. He played to avoid mistakes and we didn't send him back which was a mistake imo.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MT joining the chorus of pundits saying that Kotka begins the season in Montreal ...

2itq8o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
:facepalm:

We allowed two ****ing goals on the PP!!!

Do you really think we will allow 2 goals when we're on the PP every second night?!

Go get a nap or something...

Do you know anything about hockey man ?
Special teams win cups year after year
Get your f***ing blinders off. We also allowed 2 2 pp goals
Convenient you forget that
How was the pk last year? God awful
Go to sleep man. Rest up. You need it
Superior teams are gonna feast on our awful PK
That’s a special team in case you didn’t know

Reactions: Yamazaki

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
We all know that its impossible to get better at playing in the NHL by actually playing in the NHL. That's settled science.

Just look at Barkov. He played 54 games in his D+1 year, putting up 24 points playing on a terrible Florida team (their leading scorer was 38 point Nick Bjugstad). The next year he had 36 in 71. From their I can only assume he failed out of the league because he was never sent to the AHL to be fixed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This club has made my decision of whether to order the Habs package tougher than I expected.

It looks like they are playing a faster brand going forward.

I expected them to be quicker this year, Domi has more speed then Galchenyuk, not having Danault for a chunk of the season as he's got good speed, Tatar looks quicker then Pac since Pac wasn't always moving his feet.

If I were going to purchase the Habs package, I would be waiting to see what they do with Kotka. I have been thinking that they will f*** this up and he'll make the team. But if they do while I'll be so pissed it will make the Habs fun to watch since I'm sure they will also f*** up and put Mete/Juulsen on the team since f*** developing players just rush them to the NHL as this seems to be MB's line of thinking. So having Kotka, Lehkonen, Mete, Juulsen, Hudon, etc... it will be fun to see what they do win or lose.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Kotkaniemi wanted to start the year on the team and he worked hard and proved he deserves it. From there, I believe they should ask him to go to Laval after 9 games. The Habs are not going to compete in the playoffs this year with that lackluster defense (sorry Mete), so there is no reason to waste one year on his ELC.

I am happy for him, though. The Habs are fast and young. I only wish we'd still have Sergachev and Subban.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought Kotkaniemi looked twice as good as Sergachev in their first years. Sergachev struggled immensely in the regular season though, so they sent him back. Opposite happened for Mete. He played to avoid mistakes and we didn't send him back which was a mistake imo.

Very true about Sergachev. For Mete, I'll wait to see how he does this season before I say it's a mistake to have started him in NHL. For Kotkaniemi, I'd rather go conservative, but I have no problem seeing him start the year in Montreal.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Team will look much better when we have Domi, Hudon and Armia in the lineup instead Shampoo, Agostino and Scherbak. Kotkaniemi looks NHL ready to me, i just don't know if he can play a full 82 game schedule.

Habs should put a package together for a LD (something like Scherbak + Shaw + pick). Benn needs to be jettisoned outta town.

i love Lehkonen, but with Anaheim losing Perry for a long time, if a Scherback+Lehkonen vs Montour deal would be possible i think they should do it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gotta give him the 9 games at least.

He already has them. What more confirmation do we need? Julien has made several comments that are highly evocative of that outcome. Book it, he's getting 9 games.

Reactions: Licentia

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mete was probably the best D on the ice tonight for both teams! And that's what you're telling me? He should have been sent down last year?Really?
Yes. Since our defense was slow as molasses last year, Mete stayed up. Solid defensively but showed none of the offensive creativity I saw in junior.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
We all know that its impossible to get better at playing in the NHL by actually playing in the NHL. That's settled science.

Just look at Barkov. He played 54 games in his D+1 year, putting up 24 points playing on a terrible Florida team (their leading scorer was 38 point Nick Bjugstad). The next year he had 36 in 71. From their I can only assume he failed out of the league because he was never sent to the AHL to be fixed.

Barkov was the best 16 and 17 yo in Liiga history. He was 2nd pick over Seth Jones ans Jonathan Drouin. He was 6'2" 200lbs already.

What the hell's the rush with Kotkaniemi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->