Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Jets Tomorrow @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
21-18-9... yes, I get we got loser points but end of the day, we are really 21 wins and 27 losses, 4 wins in the last 10. Key players injured or unavailable to play and a line blender that apparently doesn't apply to Weber and Chiarot.

Reactions: Gravity

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
the biggest question is why do the forward lines change more than a baby's diaper..but Weber and Chiarot are inseperable?

If they didn't change them more than a baby's diaper, this would be the Habs' diaper forward lines if they stayed the same:

DarkWelcomeHorse-max-1mb.gif

Truth is, either way, they're full of shit.

raw

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I honestly don’t know how much longer I can keep forcing myself to watch these games. This team has completely hit rock bottom on the entertainment aspect of the game. They look tired and disinterested all the time now.
I'm impressed you're able to watch this long. Through 30 games with Ducharme as coach they are 12-13-5 and getting worse.

In 11/12 Montreal won 31 in 82 games for a 0.38 winning%
In 20/21 under Ducharme, Montreal currently has 12 wins in 30 games with 8 games remaining. This is a 0.4 winning% which can and likely will get worse before season ends.

Difference? 11/12 team traded players for picks and ended up with a top 3 pick. This team is going to end up with 16th pick and actually traded draft picks at deadline. One resulted in a GM being fired. The other...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The next stop for KK is being scratched. By putting him to wing he’s saving Bergevin some face

tomorrow they play their 17th game in 30 days, so sitting out a game would be great for him imo. I didn't mind Romanov sitting a game, as there's no way any of these kids can be mentally or physically prepared to play so many games in such a short time frame.

In fact can anyone think of any time any NHL team played more then 17 games in 30 days?

Reactions: RandomTask26

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the habs could win just 4 of their remaining 8 games, they would be pretty much a lock to make the playoffs

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I'm just stoked to see KK on the wing and Evans feeding Caufield....:speechles

Here's a look at the lines and D pairings featured at Thursday's practice:
Kotkaniemi - Danault - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Caufield
Frolik - Staal - Perry
Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Merrill
Kulak, Gustafsson, Ouellet

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lines at practice:
Kotkaniemi-Danault-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Lehkonen-Evans-Caufield
Frolik-Staal-Perry

I would have had:
Frolik-Danault-Anderson (Frolik always seems in the right place, could do well on this 2 way shut down line)
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Caufield-Kotkaniemi-Evans
(KK at center, Evans has been playing well and has good vision)
Lehkonen-Staal-Perry (this line was great together)

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Frolik - Staal - Perry
Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Merrill

#FreeKulak

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
I don't know why you guys are shitting that much on the CC playing with Evans and Lehkonen. Both are fast hard working players and great at forechecking. No they don't have Kotkaniemi or Suzuki passing talent but I think it will be a fast line and it will gives more room for CC to do his thing. They made a place for him in the lineup but it's an adjustment. Let him adjust with players that have the speed and work ethic to cover for him if he wants to do some magic. He played two games in the NHL at this point. If we had a Backstrom type of center, I wouldn't even put Caufield with him just yet.
The only things that matter for me right now is that he gets to play and to let him transition smoothly. Let him do mistakes. If he plays with Suzuki or Kotkaniemi, mistakes will be more costly.

Other things that matter for me is to give him some massive power play time. A lot of you wanted him in the NHL right now, some wanted him to stay in the AHL. This is the middle ground. NHL but don't put him on a first line right away. Things would be different if he had Matthews size but he doesn't so let's keep things slow for now.

Reactions: angusyoung

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Frolik - Staal - Perry
Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Merrill
90% of the way through the season and we still trying out line combos on every single line...nice.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Frolik - Staal - Perry
Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Merrill