Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Jets Tomorrow @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Leks, Evans, Caufield - lol
Another prospect bites the dust. Hey kid, you like to score? Good luck with that.

Kotaniemi - we drafted you @ 3 because you are the future down the middle , so enjoy the wing.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
Evans is currently one of the very few players being a constant positive out there. Not the worst idea to stick Caufield with two good skaters who can forecheck while playing against 3rd and 4th lines. KK back at wing is awful, but DD needs to try something different because clearly things are not working at the moment.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Another prospect bites the dust. Hey kid, you like to score? Good luck with that.

Kotaniemi - we drafted you @ 3 because you are the future down the middle , so enjoy the wing.

I agree about KK on the wing. It wasn't successful last time they tried it for a game or two. I get that he's probably struggling a bit right now, but you find a way to get him going or let him get out of it.

Since returning to the line-up, Evans has been Habs' best forward not named Toffoli or Anderson. It sucks to say, but I feel like Evans at this moment is the best center. He also plays with more pace. So I'm curious to see if CC will actually benefit from the aggressive style Evans plays.

Lehkonen is a hard worker and also plays with pace. As long as Lehkonen doesn't skate over the offensive blue line carrying the puck. Because for some reason, he always falls as soon as he crosses that line.

So it will be interesting to see if CC will benefit playing with two guys who will most likely do the dirty work for you. And Evans isn't someone who puts his head down and skates. He has hockey sense and actually looks to make plays.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
God help us.............the Jets have lost 5 in a row.............they will be a cranky bunch. You would think we could kick them while they are down, but not too likely.

Reactions: angusyoung

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I just barfed in my mouth a little. It shouldn't be this hard!!!

Caufield KK Anderson - scoring line
Toffoli Suzuki Perry - scoring line
Lehkonen Danault Armia - checking line
Gustoffson Staal Evans - don't shit the bed too badly line. Carry extra D for PP.

Romanov Weber - Get a PMD
Edmundson Petry - has a PMD
Chiarot Merrill - has a PMD

PP1:

Caufield Perry KK
Anderson
Petry

PP2:
Toffoli Armia Suzuki
Weber Gustofsson

It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot more structured and balanced than the dog's breakfast their churning out.

Last edited:

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
I just barfed in my mouth a little. It shouldn't be so hard!!!

Caufield KK Anderson - scoring line
Toffoli Suzuki Perry - scoring line
Lehkonen Danault Armia - checking line
Gustoffson Staal Evans - don't shit the bed too badly line. Carry extra D for PP.

Romanov Weber - Get a PMD
Edmundson Petry - has a PMD
Chiarot Merrill - has a PMD

PP1:

Caufield PerryKK
Anderson
Petry

PP2:
Toffoli Armia Suzuki
Weber Gustofsson

It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot more structured and balanced than the dog's breakfast their churning out.

It makes too much sense, we can't have that.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

You mean CC playing with the best player from yesterdays game? and with the hardest worker lately

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
JKO back on the wing...
Caufield riding shotgun next to offensive dynamos Evans/Lekhonen...

yup, par for the course

:popcorn::help::laugh:
It's like the organization is doing it on purpose.....they are killing us! Other teams put their talent together on one line, and set them loose!! Not us.............we are trying to score 1.8 goals per game...
I know reasons can be made for everything they do, but my sense is that they have sucked for 5-6 years now, so maybe their thought process is flawed? The results we have achieved are under-whelming.....

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Evans is currently one of the very few players being a constant positive out there. Not the worst idea to stick Caufield with two good skaters who can forecheck while playing against 3rd and 4th lines. KK back at wing is awful, but DD needs to try something different because clearly things are not working at the moment.

KK at center has been awful,at least like this he might be sheltered and get a few scoring opportunities from 2 hard working fleet of foot forwards.

Reactions: Defangles

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yes I prefer going the safe route. This sniper needs to learn to play defense! We need goals but let's show this guy how to dump & chase.

CC will probably get more chances playing against lesser opposition that he did against the leafs,we'll see. Evans has been looking good, better than KK. At least this way they have 3 centers that can skate decently and throw out that 4th f to eat a few minutes here and there.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I agree about KK on the wing. It wasn't successful last time they tried it for a game or two. I get that he's probably struggling a bit right now, but you find a way to get him going or let him get out of it.

Since returning to the line-up, Evans has been Habs' best forward not named Toffoli or Anderson. It sucks to say, but I feel like Evans at this moment is the best center. He also plays with more pace. So I'm curious to see if CC will actually benefit from the aggressive style Evans plays.

Lehkonen is a hard worker and also plays with pace. As long as Lehkonen doesn't skate over the offensive blue line carrying the puck. Because for some reason, he always falls as soon as he crosses that line.

So it will be interesting to see if CC will benefit playing with two guys who will most likely do the dirty work for you. And Evans isn't someone who puts his head down and skates. He has hockey sense and actually looks to make plays.

I agree Evans has been one of the best lately, but I'm not sure how CC gets the puck on that line.. .neither are very good at dishing the puck. Oh well. May as well turn on the blender at this point.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad