Habs HF Boards Age Demographics

What age range were you born?

• Baby Boomers (1946-1964)

• Generation X (1965 – 1980)

• Millennials/Generation Y (1981 – 1995)

• Generation Z (1996-Today)

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Born in 1979, and I remember the Habs last cup in '93 (was in great 8 and celebrated the morning after at school with my friends). Looking at the results of this poll, I feel old all of a sudden....

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
lol . I remember the forum riot (barely) for Richard's suspension. and being pissed about Blackhawk dominance in the early sixties.
LOL. Same here, it's one of my earliest memories, my dad coming home early from the game and talking about the riot. I turned 5 two months after the first of 5 in a row. Needless to say, I was at an impressionable age, and I thought there was only one team who ever won the Cup. I was thoroughly shocked when the Hawks won it in 1960, and to top it off, the Leafs took over for the next three. Although I liked Keon and Mahovlich, my dad hated the Leafs and laughed at old man Bower. :laugh:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
But nowadays when people talk about Millenials, it's younger people in their 20s. It's a whole different culture than people who grew up in the 80s and 90s. It's people who grew up with ipods and have never seen a freakin cassette. But yea Xennial makes sense, it is what I'm talking about that certain categories are too big to be put in the same thing. micro-generation is the way to go.
WTF is Xennial?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
1990...I was lucky enough to watch Alexei Kovalev when he had his legendary PPG season. :nod:

There’s also that one time when I witnessed the greatest comeback in comeback history when the Habs won against the Rangers being down 5-0.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
In all seriousness. First real heartbreak, I was 12 and the Montreal Canadiens traded my idol to the Colorado Avalanche. It was tough, but I stuck with the team.

It was childhood's end for me when it came to hockey as I turned 17 a few months later and the beginning of my adult life coincided with the fall of the Canadiens empire.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'm very happy to be born in my era. I just say I don't consider myself a millenial because when I hear people speak of them, it doesn't sound like anything I am. I never knew what the official birth years fell into what categories. I always thought it was for late 90s-early 00s...for people born into that transition into the new millenium. Talk about the young kids born into internet years, who at 5 already have cell phones, have way less human social manners, born into the advantages of having information at their finger tips 24/7, play less sports..etc. You can decide if some of these things are good or bad, but that era does not represent the early 80s children.
So if those guys are millenials, and from hearing a lot of people speak about it that's who they're referring to, well then I'm not a millenial.

Everybody knows the way to tell if you are a millenial isn't the age you got your first cell phone but whether you like avocado toast or not :)

People also talk about millenials as the generation who were trying to find their first jobs during the recession of 08. That doesn't really apply to the 8 year old kid born in 2000. A generation spans about 20-25 years, it's not really surprising that if you are at one end of the spectrum you don't feel like you have much in common with kids at the other end of the spectrum who are 20 years your junior. I mean think about it, you're in your mid-30s and grouped with some people who haven't even turned 18. Is it any wonder you don't feel like you had the same type of childhood?

You will always feel like your generation is centered around your birth year, so say the 10 years before you were born and the 10 years after you were born. That's the group you'll have most in common with, but it obviously doesn't work beyond the individual level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad