Habs HF Boards Age Demographics

What age range were you born?

• Baby Boomers (1946-1964)

• Generation X (1965 – 1980)

• Millennials/Generation Y (1981 – 1995)

• Generation Z (1996-Today)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think it would be interesting to see the demographics of the Habs fans on our boards. You can keep it confidential and just vote on the pool or you can talk about it in this thread if you wish.

Very curious to see what the final percentages fall in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You have your cohorts wrong

Boomers 40 to 60, GenX 60 to 80 and millenials are 80 to 00

Varies depending on who you ask. I did some more searching and I'd like to change it a bit but It's not letting me edit it. Like to change "where" to "were" too. lol

Can a Mod help me out?

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Varies depending on who you ask.

Actually, the numbers I gave are the usual averages. Read enough sociology to know where the cohorts range.

Millenials are called as such because the cohort is usually those born before 2000 but became adults after 2000.

all from wiki

Baby boomers (also known as boomers) are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. There are varying timelines defining the start and the end of this cohort; demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the early-to mid-1940s and ending birth years ranging from 1960 to 1965

Generation X or Gen X is the demographic cohort following the baby boomers and preceding the Millennials. There are no precise dates for when Generation X starts or ends. Demographers and researchers typically use birth years ranging from the early-to-mid 1960s to the early 1980s.

Millennials, also known as Generation Y or Gen Y, are the generational demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

I've never heard once a cohort of millenials starting in the 1970's. There's no such study that I have came upon. All millenial cohorts I've seen start at minimum in 1980.

And cohorts representing generations typically range in the 15 t0 20 years span, not 10 or 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: BehindTheTimes

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think it would be interesting to see the demographics of the Habs fans on our boards. You can keep it confidential and just vote on the pool or you can talk about it in this thread if you wish.

Very curious to see what the final percentages fall in.

These polls are not confidential. Not that I care, just correcting you.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Actually, the numbers I gave are the usual averages. Read enough sociology to know where the cohorts range.

Millenials are called as such because the cohort is usually those born before 2000 but became adults after 2000.

all from wiki

Baby boomers (also known as boomers) are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. There are varying timelines defining the start and the end of this cohort; demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the early-to mid-1940s and ending birth years ranging from 1960 to 1965

Generation X or Gen X is the demographic cohort following the baby boomers and preceding the Millennials. There are no precise dates for when Generation X starts or ends. Demographers and researchers typically use birth years ranging from the early-to-mid 1960s to the early 1980s.

Millennials, also known as Generation Y or Gen Y, are the generational demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

I've never heard once a cohort of millenials starting in the 1970's. There's no such study that I have came upon. All millenial cohorts I've seen start at minimum in 1980.

If the site would let me edit it, I would

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Was just nitpicking anyway.

No, I didn't see it that way. I was born in 79 and though I was a Generation X all along. I thought it was funny when it told me I was a Millennial. This is what I saw when I first googled it but now after searching it more after you replied, I'm seeing different ranges and Geneartion X ends at 79

Not sure of the accuracy of what I searched and found?
eMP7lhG.jpg

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
No, I didn't see it that way. I was born in 79 and though I was a Generation X all along. I thought it was funny. This is what I saw when I first googled it but now after googleing it more after you replied, I'm seeing different ranges and Geneartion X ends at 79

Not sure of the accuracy of what I searched and found?
eMP7lhG.jpg

They have the generation x wrong. Cohorts are usually 20 years. That's why the cohorts that are today recognized are ranged 40-60, 60-80 and so on. The confusion is that many cohorts were done in between recognized periods.

Anyway, go look at the wikipedia pages for each cohort, you'll see what I mean.

Also born in 79, gonna be 40 pretty soon

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They have the generation x wrong. Cohorts are usually 20 years. That's why the cohorts that are today recognized are ranged 40-60, 60-80 and so on. The confusion is that many cohorts were done in between recognized periods.

Anyway, go look at the wikipedia pages for each cohort, you'll see what I mean.

Also born in 79, gonna be 40 pretty soon

If you were born in 79, why don't we always get along then? haha. I'm 40 a bit later in the fall.

I'll leave the thread as is now cause it's already created and it will skew the voting. Maybe that's why it won't let me change it.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m friggen 40 yrs old on the nose.

Sucks kind of but on the positive side, I have clear, clear memories of the 93 cup run and memories, although a bit more foggy of the 86 cup run.

There’s also the fact that today, I actually have a clue about stuff/life rather than when I was 25 and believed I did, but actually didn’t.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I figured it was some sort of low key social experiment or at the very least a secret registry so we could finally start rounding up what's left of the boomers.

I think it will be interesting to see how the percentages break down. Where is the large % of our fan base on these boards and how many baby boomers vs new fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->