Habs HF Boards Age Demographics

What age range were you born?

• Baby Boomers (1946-1964)

• Generation X (1965 – 1980)

• Millennials/Generation Y (1981 – 1995)

• Generation Z (1996-Today)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've seen the Habs win the cup...... zero times. :(

But at least I was born a month later after they won it in '86.

I was 7 in '93. But I wasn't into hockey back then.

I love the Mighty Ducks movies though.

I was 7 when Roy and the Habs won a cup in 86. I remember it but not as much as I remember losing to the Flames in 89. That Lanny McDonald goal will haunt me for life.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
I’m 48....seen the Habs win 6 Stanley Cups .....all great memories.

And as far as the people who think hockey....Canadian hockey is gonna disappear from it landscape....not gonna happen. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario, the real hockeyville, hockeytown whatever you want to call it. Per capital, no city, town anywhere competes with TBay. 109,000 people with no surrounding communities, and we have had a player in the NHL every year since it’s inception. 10% of the starting goalies in the NHL are from Thunder Bay. Hockey and hockey kids have changed over the last little while but the love of hockey with the youth of this country is as strong as ever

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It's kind of sad that the majority of the posters who voted have never seen a Habs Stanley Cup win. Or are probably too young to remember. It's also sad that the rest of us will probably be too old to remember the ones we've seen, by the time the Habs win their next one.

Apr 28, 2010
It's kind of sad that the majority of the posters who voted have never seen a Habs Stanley Cup win. Or are probably too young to remember. It's also sad that the rest of us will probably be too old to remember the ones we've seen, by the time the Habs win their next one.

It is sad! I even wonder if I'll ever see them win one in my lifetime..

I really want to experience it!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I’m 48....seen the Habs win 6 Stanley Cups .....all great memories.

And as far as the people who think hockey....Canadian hockey is gonna disappear from it landscape....not gonna happen. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario, the real hockeyville, hockeytown whatever you want to call it. Per capital, no city, town anywhere competes with TBay. 109,000 people with no surrounding communities, and we have had a player in the NHL every year since it’s inception. 10% of the starting goalies in the NHL are from Thunder Bay. Hockey and hockey kids have changed over the last little while but the love of hockey with the youth of this country is as strong as ever
BRAVO!

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It is sad! I even wonder if I'll ever see them win one in my lifetime..

I really want to experience it!

It's an incredible experience that I hope each and every one of you that haven't, will one day experience. Growing up for me, the Habs winning the Cup was normal. It was expected year in and year out that our boys would win. I was 23 years old the last time our boys won the cup. I'm now 49 today, so more than half my life time has passed since our last win. My young daughter, and only child is a huge Habs fan. I would like nothing more for her to grow up and experience a Habs win. I just hope I'm around to be able to see it with her :)

Reactions: No More Subban

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Had I been told that the '93 Stanley Cup might be the only one I'd see (remember seeing anyways)in my lifetime, I wouldn't have believed it. We had won 7 years earlier and 7 years before that as well. Crazy to think the '93 win was over 25 years ago.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Had I been told that the '93 Stanley Cup might be the only one I'd see (remember seeing anyways)in my lifetime, I wouldn't have believed it. We had won 7 years earlier and 7 years before that as well. Crazy to think the '93 win was over 25 years ago.

I felt the same way at the time Frank. I think I also would have appreciated it more if I knew what we know now. Lol I know, the time has gone by so quickly.

Reactions: Darz

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
One of my favorite breeds
Good for you! I happened upon a breed called “Golden Retriever”. Did all the research too! Temperament, energy, exercise, and “other” pets.
ALL glowing reviews about the perfect dog that “sheds”.
Unfortunately, I think this a constant of the Golden Retriever breed, they are FULLY aware of their charisma and have the smarts to deploy it tactically. There should be a mention about this for the breed...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I was being sarcastic because if he had read a bit further, he would've realized it's already been covered, there's even a wiki page about the actual name for that generation, called Xennials.

Oh you were being sarcastic about me pointing out that you should have included the Xennials in your post about somebody else having their borders wrong. Plus you assumed that I didn't know about this generation's "academic name" or the wikipedia page?

I see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad